+ Reply to Thread
    Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Heavy bleeding

Hi all,

my period is essentially 4 weeks like clockwork, and I often have mid cycle spotting. Last month a had light bleeding for 7 days mid cycle. I went to the dr for tests and go back in 3 weeks for the results. On Tuesday night I had some light spotting as usual mid cycle however yesterday I essentially got a period (2.5 weeks after last one) but it was ridiculously heavy. I went through 5 pads before 3pm.

I will bring it up at the dr when I go back, but my question is this, could I have been uber early in a pregnancy and miscarried, or can a 4 week cycle go through a change and this is a normal period and I should treat it as such?

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can you write your dates a bit more clearly? I am getting confused trying to work them out xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I occasionally (maybe twice a year) have an oddly short cycle (15-18 days, usually 28-35), and it's a lot heavier than normal. No chance of it being a miscarriage though.

I've asked my gynae about it a few times and he did a series of ultrasounds throughout one cycle, and some blood tests. Nothing unusual showed up, except for some adhesions from previous surgeries. Sometimes you just get a stupid cycle to play mind tricks on us I think,

That's not much help, but I thought it might ease your mind a bit xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    23 July period
    1-8 aug bleeding
    22 aug period
    10 sept spotting
    13 sept very heavy bleeding/period?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you ever had blood tests for the spotting? Could be your hormone levels are low, does it bother you?

It could've been a chemical pregnancy, mine was really heavy (heavy for me is a super pad an hour or more). Did you have any/more pain than usual? Unusual clots?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never before, but because of the prolonged bleed last month I went to the dr, and have had blood tests and an ultra sound. I am booked in for the results in 2 weeks during school holidays. The bleed yesterday was unreasonably heavy and massive clots, but if I was pregnant it would really only have been 2 weeks - negligible I guess. I am ttc, so all this bleeding, light spotting is very confusing . I guess if not pregnant and it was a period I am no longer sure of the dates iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add no more pain than usual, but my back was sore. Essentially the flow of blood was like a tap that would never stop, and I could on tangly feel large clots coming through. It was stressful because I was at work and I was super worried that it would mess my clothes before I got to a toilet. I knew it was ridiculously heavy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You'd be surprised what can build up in those 2 weeks (from ovulation you mean?) my period for my chemical pregnancy was a day or 2 off and it was super bad for me. Yours sounds like it was a lot heavier for you too, especially the worrying about your clothing being messed.

I hope the tests give you some answers, mine all came back normal except for my iron which was way way too low. But that's another thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I won't know, but there is a chance. I hope that I get more info too, but the dr has said that so far nothing weird was showing. I did read about chemical pregnancies and did think it could have been that, so I will see what the next month of the cycle looks like. Thanks