+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Unhappy in my Marriage.

Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really have any advice but I couldn't read and not reply.

Could you take your Dd and go and stay with your family for a few days to clear your head?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry your feeling like that. I wish I could offer some advice, i really do, but I'm probably the last person qualified to give advice. In fact I'm sitting here in the gutter out the front of my house reading your post because I don't want to go inside and deal with my dh.

Maybe you could forget about your marriage for a bit and rediscover yourself, as a person (not a parent or wife), find a passion or something. What sort of things were you interested in before motherhood? I've always been a bit of a shopaholic so recently started selling clothes and shoes I pick up in sales online. I don't make big $$ or anything but it takes up alot of my time and I don't have time to "think" too much and let my unhappiness overwhelm me.

Take care.. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 21:24.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (14-09-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I think go away. Tell dh you're unhappy- you need time around loved ones, and he needs time to contemplate life without the both of you.

He kind of needs a jolt by the sounds of it, and you need some fun!

I think I you go back, am he doesn't start making an effort to be more present in your marriage, then you need to look into the next step- counselling, hopefully, because I would like to think this can be rectified.

What state are you in? We may find some hubbers around you who would lie to meet up for some company

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs!

I reckon you should go stay with your family for a few days too, not for a break as such from DH just to relax a bit and clear your head. If they ask why DH isn't there just say he is working.

If you tell him how you are feeling do you think he will respond well? Discuss things etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with ^ Nomsie.

I really think your DH needs some perspective and for you to put a 'little wind up him', as I guess he is so immersed in his new job/work, that he is failing to see the beautiful wife right in front of him who is drowning in a sea of loneliness. I think you need to pack up and you and DD go and stay with your loved ones and have a big time out and time to find the old you. You really need some support right now and what better way then to surround yourself with the people that make you and care about you.

As you have said, your DH isn't an a-hole, but to have you and your DD away from him for a little while may help him realise what he is missing by being at work 24/7.

Big I hope he realises for all your sake that family should always come before work, as time on earth is so short, it really is.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 14-09-2013 at 19:26. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post

This is what I reckon too Nomsie. It might be enough to pull him out of his oblivious state!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Nomsie.

Go home and send him an email telling him why.

Enjoy yourself at home and spend time doing the things that you love, with those you love.

This should give you a fresh perspective. Don't cave easily until some ground is given in return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    I think go away. Tell dh you're unhappy- you need time around loved ones, and he needs time to contemplate life without the both of you.

I think I you go back, am he doesn't start making an effort to be more present in your marriage, then you need to look into the next step- counselling, hopefully, because I would like to think this can be rectified.

What state are you in? We may find some hubbers around you who would lie to meet up for some company
    Agree with this. I would be telling him you are feeling lonely and ignored and you need some time away from him to think things over. Go back to the city for a few weeks. Be with friends and family. If when you get home, nothing has changed, then it may be time to consider your options.