+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Safety Scare - Beware

We live in an older timber frame home with fibrous plaster wall lining. We have some double adapters, the type as shown below
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379135133.750062.jpg
    DS 22 months decided it would make a good step to look out our bedroom window which is immediately above the power point. I was sitting in bed getting over the flu and was wondering what he was standing on.

He then sat down obscured by the edge of my bed. A thought rushed through my mind. What is he doing now, what is he playing with.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379135288.401676.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379136456.614124.jpg
    I rushed around the bed to find him holding the power point in his lap. Moments from potentially touching live screws on the back.

True we have safety switches in the fuse box but I dont want to be testing them on my little baby.

For me first course of action is to lock DS out of room. Isolate the problem which will be put something immovable in front go the power point till necessary tradesperson has been able to fix the issue.

My suggestion, dont use these types of adapters in the wall especially where little ones might use them as a step or rung. Avoid power points under windows or anywhere else likely for a young person to want a step for climbing.

In this case the age of the wall meant the power point just tore out the wall.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy moly!! Lucky you were near by!

Ps what a little cutie your DS is

3. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow. Glad your ds is ok!

Just for future reference, you can buy clear plastic boxes that go over power points and plugs. Like this http://www.mickyhaha.com.au/prod_range.htm

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Wow. Glad your ds is ok!

Just for future reference, you can buy clear plastic boxes that go over power points and plugs. Like this http://www.mickyhaha.com.au/prod_range.htm

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    they look a good idea, I will look into them some more. I think in this case the power point would still have come off the wall if trodden on.

Thanks for the link

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art