+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    That's shocking!!!! Definitely won't be considering a hyundai ever!!
    I haven't driven an i30 but I did have an Elantra for 4yrs and loved it!!! Never had to do 1 thing to it except regular service and tyres. I highly recommend them and so do many other people I know. Almost bought another Hyundai an ix35 when we upgraded to an SUV but the MazdaCX5 was a better price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    That's shocking!!!! Definitely won't be considering a hyundai ever!!
    Any brand can produce a lemon. It doesn't mean all their cars are bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 2009 diesel wagon and love it. I did need the gear box replaced about 2 years ago it was just slightly sticky in reverse but that was covered under warranty. Have had no other issues. It's been a great run about car, cheap on fuel etc. we got it as a cheap option that we could run into the ground and the kids can destroy with no worries about them eating in the car etc.

I agree every brand, make model can produce a lemon. I had an Astra and so did my sister that were complete money guzzlers. Always had problem after problem and they are so expensive to fix. My friend had one and it was brilliant she never spent a cent on it.

Good luck I hope u find a good car

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister has an i30 wagon - she also had problems with the dealership not fixing things properly, and warranty issues. All the little plastic bits fell of the dash... She hasn't had a great time with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyMa View Post
    My sister has an i30 wagon - she also had problems with the dealership not fixing things properly, and warranty issues. All the little plastic bits fell of the dash... She hasn't had a great time with it.
    She didn't buy it from Keema, did she?

Just thought of another issue I had. The car was getting serviced. I told them not to touch the wheels as I got all tyre and brakes done through someone else for free.
    So what do ya know.. they did a rotate and balance on my car and charged me for it. They stuffed it up so badly that my car just shook like crazy. I had to take it into the closest tyre shop and pay to get it fixed. The dealership said " oh well, human error, it happens". They refused to refund the money they had charged me as well... massive w@nk tanks they are!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an 09 diesel auto. The autos have gearbox problems and had mine replaced 6months ago under warranty. Agree hyundai's warranty service isnt brilliant.

Apart from that no problems. Not as good on fuel as I expected - 7L per 100km for round town driving. We have the upgrade model slx (?) Which is much nicer internally than the standard model that is pretty budget inside. Slx has mags, better seat cloth, chrome accessories, cruise, and a few other standard features. We also have a tow bar roof racks and bluetooth that make it a very comfy run about. Perfect size for us.

from my moby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Harvest moon I'm sorry you had so many problems, although it seems a lot of those were dealer related? I agree every car dealer will produce a lemon and not everyone will have the same experience, but I really appreciate all your replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDL View Post
    Thanks everyone! Harvest moon I'm sorry you had so many problems, although it seems a lot of those were dealer related? I agree every car dealer will produce a lemon and not everyone will have the same experience, but I really appreciate all your replies
    Bit of both really. When the gearbox died it was the first case of it ever happening in Australia and they had no idea what was wrong so I dealt with an assistant manger from hyundai's head office. I got stuffed around by him nearly as much as the place I bought it from and the closest dealership to where it broke down was.

I agree any car can be a lemon. I bought a brand new barina before the i30. It was a lemon too but the difference was Holden was so helpful, always willing to acknowledge an issue and fix it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've owned the Elantra for a year and a half. With Hyundai I believe you get what you pay for. We got the top spec Elantra with all the bells and whistles and its FAB. I rate it over my previous cars (Renault, Peugot, VW). Never had any issues with it at all. I do know they've made massive effort since 2010/11 to improve the brand experience so might be worth looking at year old ish models?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've had an i30CW sportswagon for almost 4 years as a company car (so I 'm not emotionlly invested in it iykwim) it's been great - no issues, some of the internal finishes are a bit cheap like the door handle material started to fray but they replaced that once I reported it when it was in for a service. I 'm up to almost 83,000km's now and due for a new car and will go with the i35 special edition - you get a lot of bang for your buck with Hyundai and it has a good safety rating.