+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week

Default Singapore and The Gold Coast,

So, I'm in the process of looking into taking two family trips next year - one to Singapore and one the Gold Coast.

It'd be me, Dh, DD-8, DS1-6 and DS2-2 and a bit and I'd probably be looking at 5-7 nights.

To those of you that have traveled to both or either, I have the obvious questions.

Where would you recommend staying? It can be any budget but I want something nice and child friendly. A kids club or good childminding would be great - I'd like one night out with just DH.

What would you recommend doing? With the Gold Coast, I like the sound of sea world but am unsure which of the parks would be most suitable for kids that are 8, 6 and 2? And with Singapore, the zoo is definitely on my list but after other family must dos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my parents lived in Singapore for 10 years- 2002-2012 and i took the kids over a few times.

Singapore Zoo is fantastic esp if they still have the night safari.

I live 60 mins south of the Gold Coast.. Personally I think your kids would love the GC- Sea World, wet n wild, movie world, dreamworld , all have age appropriate rides and activities
    accom wise- Paradise Resort.... best accom by far with kids.. great kids club, unreal swimming areas with slides, great hotel rooms designed for kids..nightly shows ( depends on seasons) , walking distance to Surfers Paradise.

to be honest, after several trips to Singapore over 10 years, its great for shopping but not alot for kids ... I found my 2 got bored , i on the other hand loved the culture, food and shopping.

If i had little ones again ( mine are 18 and 16) and i had a choice of Sin or GC, GC would win hands down..

Hope that is of some help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both are great destinations with kids. At the Gold Coast Paradise Resort is always a winner with my family. It's in a great location and its primarily marketed to families and kids. I've only ever visited Singapore without kids so can't offer much in the way of family accommodation but the zoo and santosa island are awesome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    One other question, what are good times of year to go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singapore is always hot.. no matter what time of year- we have been at different times and its humid

GC- avoid Nov/early Dec due to Schoolies esp at Surfers.. If you can avoid school hols, less wait in lines.

when are u looking at travelling?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you want to visit the theme parks, school holidays (especially Oct onwards) and Chinese New Year is their busiest period.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have to recommend Paradise Resort on the Gold Coast. The rooms are not flash, but their king bunkhouse is great for a family and very reasonably priced. My kids love the kids club and the water park and its about the ultimate in child friendly. We eat at a nice restaurant offsite for our couple time while the kids are in the kids club as the restaurants on site are not at all romantic.

For things to do on the GC - The theme parks are fun, of course, and we also love to drive up to Springbrook and do some of the rainforest walks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Singapore is always hot.. no matter what time of year- we have been at different times and its humid

GC- avoid Nov/early Dec due to Schoolies esp at Surfers.. If you can avoid school hols, less wait in lines.

when are u looking at travelling?
    At this stage probably the April and/or the July school holidays. I could be a rebel though I suppose and take the kids out of school for a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds and I are gong to the Gold Coast in Oct..

What theme parks are the best? Ds is 12 ...

And what else is there to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Ds and I are gong to the Gold Coast in Oct..

What theme parks are the best? Ds is 12 ...

And what else is there to do?

your son would probably love them all but i know from exp my son didnt really enjoy sea world,, he loved loved loved movie world, wet n wild, dreamworld..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (13-09-2013)