+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the end of the road for this thread ; post my visit to gyny I'm going in Thursday to have laparoscopy and d&c.

The progress is much to slow and the longer I leave it the chance of life threatening issues increase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Taffa, I'm so sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks .... It's been a long journey, and my gyn thinks I'm at risk of losing an ovary as he thinks the cyst is not a cyst at all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hopefully it will not be too serious but it's good to hear your gynae isn't mucking you around and has you booked in for a lap tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and know that you always have support here whatever the outcome.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had an overnight stay in hospital, my pelvis was a mess the gyny said.

Cyst / endo / other ovary all had to be repaired (cyst was removed). My tubes looked good though and luckily I was able to keep both ovaries. Hoping to go home today.

Thanks to everyone for their support. I am going to need at least 1 week to recover.

From here we will just need to try again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm so relieved, I have been thinking about you. Glad it wasn't ectopic but sorry you had to go through this. So did they class this as a m/c? Do they know why your count was increasing rather than dropping.

How did they repair your ovary? Interested as I have a lap coming up in a few months with a tiny dermoid cyst on each ovary and wondering what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is waiting on formal test results but is pretty sure the pregnancy was in the ovarian cyst - due to its growth rate and size on removal... It's gone to the lab for the anslysis of pregnancy tissue... He couldn't see it as such tho as its size is probably less than a grain of rice...

I am looking forward to going home and resting (as much as I can with a 2.5yo dd!) ... DH has today off and she goes to day care Monday and Tuesday so hopefully by the time it's me and her again on Wednesday things will be a little easier on me.

ETA: sorry I just saw your question re my ovary repairs - my right ovary showed a heap of follicles on ultrasound due to my pcos. They "repair" this by drilling into the follicles to reduce them to a "normal" number if follicles. Even though the cyst was on my left my right ovary is probably the sorest part.
    Oh, and although my pregnancy wasn't found in the tube - it's still counted as ectopic as was outside the uterus. Apparently my gyny told me that if its confirmed as in the ovary cyst that happens only every 1 in 60,000 pregnancies. Not sure if that makes mr unique or not but its an interesting statistic!
    Last edited by Taffabella; 11-10-2013 at 08:27.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffabella View Post
    Apparently my gyny told me that if its confirmed as in the ovary cyst that happens only every 1 in 60,000 pregnancies. Not sure if that makes mr unique or not but its an interesting statistic!
    have been following you from afar and keeping fingers crossed etc for you - I'm not very good at knowing what to say to people but wanted you to know there's another person thinking of you as well - and to say being 1 in 60,000 is pretty special so whilst its not an award you might want (no one does I guess), at least when you do things, you really go for it!

Hugs xx Hope you feel better and recover from the surgery quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Take it easy hunni
    Yep it's classed as an ectopic as it was outside the uterus. I'm glad they sorted it and glad you can try again.
    Take if easy- only try when you are ready... No sooner.

Huge hugs Hun. If you need an ear please pm me. It's hard to deal with sometimes. I hope you have a good support system at home xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm glad your tubes are all good and you got to keep your ovaries. Hopefully the soreness settles quickly and with any luck the drilling might help your fertility when you are ready to start trying again. Go easy on yourself as you've still got lots of emotions to process, it's been a few very long weeks for you!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub