+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    During my 3rd birth (freebirth so no drugs!) hubby told me it was a 'Happy pain'. Freaking Happy Pain my ****! I knew what he meant..but the reminder wasn't welcome at the time!

I got him back the next day though when he had to empty the birthpool

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes! My husband kept coming up to me and asking if I was okay. OK? OK? DS was posterior and I was most certainly not okay.

I said to him "of course I am not okay I am in fking labour now GO and sit in the corner and if I need you I will let you know OK??"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for everyone's input into this topic. I had a good laugh and did a lot of eye-rolling and head shaking when reading this thread.

I was also able to use heaps in my article - which I hope will give partners a bit of much-needed advice (and give mums a bit of a laugh too).

Here's the finished article: http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...man-in-labour/

Thanks again!
    Last edited by BH-tech; 24-08-2015 at 11:29. Reason: Link Update

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

michellek  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha I've bookmarked it so I can show dh that his 'sore neck' comment doesn't cut it

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I haven't read any of the replies yet so this may have been covered but it would have been great if DH wasn't sucking on the has when *I* needed it!!! Haha

Oh and I thought of the main thing e will NEVER live down!! I was in labour and he drove me to hospital, co reactions were unbearable, our midwife specifically told us on a number of occasions, when I am in labour he should park in the 15 min bay right outside the entrance, drop me off and then he can move the car to a more suitable spot... So what does he do? He finds a parking about 200 METRES away from the entrance and I had to walk all the way through tears and a thousand contractions!!
    Last edited by SAgirl; 22-10-2013 at 14:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Havent read all comments but my hubby was kind enough to thank me for going into labour on the last day of a test match, he sat on the couch while I laboured for 6 hours! I even got the 'at the end of this over' when i yelled for him to help me out of the bath!

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is a funny guy however when we were at antenatal classes they kept saying to bring along snacks to keep up your strength. Like dried fruit, nuts etc.

So wonderful DH went out and bought lots of dried fruit to pack.

During contractions he kept offering which was sweet althought I kept declining. but when I was pushing, jokingly he said "do you want some dried apricots" I was like " no I don't want any f***ing dried apricots!"
    Funny now.

Also with DS1 after I got an epidural he proceeded to tell me I was now boring lol

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH also did the "Just breathe" stuff. During the transition stage-I simply told him that I couldn't remember how to breathe!

Then just after DS was born, here I wad still on the floor in the shower, resting a bit before being transferred to the bed, then DH says "the third time around you'll birth in a birth pool" I'm like, what??? Third time around? I've not even had my second degree tear stitched up yet!

it's still fresh on my mind, just 5 weeks back, wrong time absolutely for talking about a third child!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I had been labouring DS1 for about 15 hours. Couldn't eat anything. DH was given dinner. He was sitting in the corner of the birthing suite far away from me as possible but all I could hear was him very loudly crunching away on a very crunchy salad. I stared at him and basically sent daggers through the sir with his eyes! I was so tired and hungry I would have come anything to eat something!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, he told me baby was stuck! which was not true!