+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I was having a waterbirth and my ex was in the water with me. He complained about his hands getting wrinkly...meanwhile I was pushing a baby out
    Ooo yes, how could I forget! To go with dh's 'very sore neck' he was also a wrinkled prune

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When the OB said that I would need an epidural, DH asked how much the epidural would cost

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (13-09-2013),GirlsRock  (13-09-2013),glittertg  (13-09-2013),michellek  (13-09-2013),OneWithUnagi  (13-09-2013),Purple Lily  (13-09-2013),River Song  (14-09-2013),smallpotatoes  (22-10-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Well, while I was in the latter (unsuccessful) stages of trying to get an epi in the middle of back-to-back contractions at 9cm when my DH saw the size of the epi needle and 'felt woozy'. So literally all of the middies and the anaesthetist ran to his aid to get him safely to the chair while I screamed blue murder on the bed alone. To be fair, he is horribly embarrassed now, but I was not impressed at the time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine isn't as bad as most of these.

With in seconds of our first childs birth. "Well that was easy it was just like blowing the trumpet" 20 years and 6 kids later he still hasn't lived it down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With my first I was in the bath at home. In told dpb abs mum to call me as were getting in the car so I could stay in the bath longer. Dp opped his head around the corner and iv was expecting him to say all ready to go. Instead he said "I'm just having some dinner, don't be long" :what:

With number two he was helping me relax and breathe the baby out. I had been suckling on the gas for an hour before that. Dp says to me "aw hun your breathe really smells". Lucky for him I was relaxed and just said "oh sorry it's from the gas" instead of thumping him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After the birth of DD2 My DH said 'geez I'm buggered after that!' & feel asleep in the labour ward for 2 hours!! Granted he had driven for 5 hours to make the birth that day but I hadn't slept for two days & had just given birth!! Could have slapped him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    With my first I was in the bath at home. I told dp and mum to call me as they were getting in the car so I could stay in the bath longer. Dp popped his head around the corner and i was expecting him to say all ready to go. Instead he said "I'm just having some dinner, won't be long" :what:

With number two he was helping me relax and breathe the baby out. I had been suckling on the gas for an hour before that. Dp says to me "aw hun your breathereally smells". Lucky for him I was relaxed and just said "oh sorry it's from the gas" instead of thumping him.
    Had to quote to edit the auto correct the app is playing up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH's stood looking out the window at times, because he WAS NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH ME or I would have punched him, and he gave me a running commentary of the p!ssed people walking home from the pub and stopping in at the Maccas that was across the road. I do recall words similar to "remember when that was us walking home from the pub. Those days are long gone hey".

Then, minutes before DD was born, DH and the midwife were joking that if its a girl we could name her "Dawn" because dawn had just broken. At the time I didn't say a word, but after bub was born I just looked the pair of them and said "Dawn???" and started laughing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    When the OB said that I would need an epidural, DH asked how much the epidural would cost
    Most unimportant question ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 6-7cm within 3 hours of labour beginning, and the nurse could see my waters bulging so she got me up into the shower and left me to labor with mum and exDH. I said I needed to push and exDH said "No you don't". Umm yes I do get the nurse. Nurse comes in to get me onto bed to check progress and I never made it. I pushed her out in 3 pushes at the end of the bed.