+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did your DP say something annoying while you were in labour?

Hi everyone! I'm putting together a quick article on things you SHOULDN'T say to a woman who is in labour ... and things you shouldn't do. I will also put in a few tips on what you SHOULD say and do. So, I'm thinking things like: "This is taking aaaages" "I'm bored ..." "Shhhh..." But I'd love some more examples if you've got them ... Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by BH-editor; 13-09-2013 at 15:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not so much what he said but more the fact he was very concerned about HIM not having enough food in the fridge in the birth suite so had to go down and get more food from the canteen. That even annoyed my midwife too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    With jasper he was watching the monitor and said "look look your having a contraction" and pointed at the monitor....
    With katelyn on the way out the door to hospital asked if he had time for a shower and then asked me what was for dinner. He also kept asking me what was wrong every time I grunted or groaned and would keep asking until the contraction finished and I'd be like "what do you think?!" lol. He was just concerned because I was obviously in a lot of pain but I couldn't speak so asking me was annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Not so much what he said but more the fact he was very concerned about HIM not having enough food in the fridge in the birth suite so had to go down and get more food from the canteen. That even annoyed my midwife too.

Thanks! I think I'll have to include something about a) complaining - surely there is no place for anyone else to complain and also b) eating - I've heard stories of men eating hungry jacks etc while their wife labours ... how annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    With jasper he was watching the monitor and said "look look your having a contraction" and pointed at the monitor....
    With katelyn on the way out the door to hospital asked if he had time for a shower and then asked me what was for dinner. He also kept asking me what was wrong every time I grunted or groaned and would keep asking until the contraction finished and I'd be like "what do you think?!" lol. He was just concerned because I was obviously in a lot of pain but I couldn't speak so asking me was annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haha. That made me laugh out loud! "look you're having a contraction!" ... As if you hadn't noticed!

Thanks for these!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (13-09-2013),Boobycino  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It was something along the lines of: "It's labour. It wouldn't be called labour if it was easy"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    It was something along the lines of: "It's labour. It wouldn't be called labour if it was easy"
    oh dear ...

Thanks! That's gold!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my ex said "now, just remember to breathe"...

i might have replied with "no **** sherlock"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wasn't so much during my labour but just afterwards, he complained that his neck was "really really sore". He had been sitting in the bath behind me, propping me up and at just the right height his neck was against the hand rail. He told me how he was hoping *I* would change position so *he* could be more comfortable:what:

Thankfully for the sake of his life, he didn't mention anything whilst I was in the midst of popping out a watermelon!

He still carries on now about how sore his neck was when I remind him what I went through. Suppose I better remember to suss out where the hand rail is for next time

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    It wasn't so much during my labour but just afterwards, he complained that his neck was "really really sore". He had been sitting in the bath behind me, propping me up and at just the right height his neck was against the hand rail. He told me how he was hoping *I* would change position so *he* could be more comfortable:what:

Thankfully for the sake of his life, he didn't mention anything whilst I was in the midst of popping out a watermelon!

He still carries on now about how sore his neck was when I remind him what I went through. Suppose I better remember to suss out where the hand rail is for next time

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    OMG! Imagine if he'd asked you to give him a neck massage!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

michellek  (13-09-2013),Sunshinebell  (13-09-2013)