+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    Decision made - i'm having the repair!
    DH got approval to take carers leave for as long as needed. Although i've just taken a year off mat leave I still have enough sick leave to take. I only need to give Dr 2 weeks notice so now I've just gotta decide when works best.

BUT - how do I tell my male boss I need weeks off? "Hey by the way i'm having an op cause my lady bits are falling apart"?!? hee hee. I'm sure it'll be more uncomfortable for him than me so I'll have a word with him later this week.
    I'm nervous but excited about being normal again, just like you Loislane2010...eventually. If I managed in my life to do a handspring like you did I'd prob pee myself from excitement anyway ;o)

CrystalS11 - my issues became more apparent after I got my period back. I started at the physio 3 months post birth of my 2nd and by 8 months i was feeling pretty good, got period back at 11 months and it all felt much worse. When i have my period everything seems to drop lower and feels like Ive got a heavy ball in there. During the op she'll give me a D&C and insert mirena too, so fingers crossed the days of heavy periods are also over
    Best of luck with it all! How long till they'll do it? You must feel fantastic making the decision x

Are any of you taking the contraceptive pill? My physio said the estrogen is excellent for supportive pelvic muscles. I'm on a relatively strong dose (but I've taken it since I was 17 lol) - Diane 35

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decision made - i'm having the repair!
    DH got approval to take carers leave for as long as needed. Although i've just taken a year off mat leave I still have enough sick leave to take. I only need to give Dr 2 weeks notice so now I've just gotta decide when works best.

BUT - how do I tell my male boss I need weeks off? "Hey by the way i'm having an op cause my lady bits are falling apart"?!? hee hee. I'm sure it'll be more uncomfortable for him than me so I'll have a word with him later this week.
    I'm nervous but excited about being normal again, just like you Loislane2010...eventually. If I managed in my life to do a handspring like you did I'd prob pee myself from excitement anyway ;o)

CrystalS11 - my issues became more apparent after I got my period back. I started at the physio 3 months post birth of my 2nd and by 8 months i was feeling pretty good, got period back at 11 months and it all felt much worse. When i have my period everything seems to drop lower and feels like Ive got a heavy ball in there. During the op she'll give me a D&C and insert mirena too, so fingers crossed the days of heavy periods are also over
    Great to hear. I had to tell my male boss i needed time off and i just said 'its a womans trouble' and he didnt ask after that. That line scares men!! If he does ask, just say 'its personal'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (15-05-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Okey dokey, I've been reading this thread as df's birth in August last year has left me with a rectocele prolapse.

So... Here's an embarrassing question from me to you: would you say not being able to effectively complete a bowel movement has a big effect on quality of life? Always feeling. Uncomfortable, like you need to "go", and on bad days (about once a month) in pain. Other than sometimes unexpectedly slightly wetting my pants I don't have many other issues with it...

Do you think that would be considered serious enough for repair?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Okey dokey, I've been reading this thread as df's birth in August last year has left me with a rectocele prolapse.

So... Here's an embarrassing question from me to you: would you say not being able to effectively complete a bowel movement has a big effect on quality of life? Always feeling. Uncomfortable, like you need to "go", and on bad days (about once a month) in pain. Other than sometimes unexpectedly slightly wetting my pants I don't have many other issues with it...

Do you think that would be considered serious enough for repair?
    Oh God YES!!! See a GP and get a referral to a gynaecologist!!! PLEASE PLEASE do it!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uterine Prolapse Experiences?

Last edited by Mmumm; 24-06-2016 at 21:28.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomsie - I don't know much about rectocele prolapse, but I think you should certainly seek a professional opinion. Straining to empty your bowls can impact on any vaginal prolapse you may have.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I did see a gyno early on, but she wasn't my regular dr. She told me continue doing pelvic floor exercises and to watch what I eat and drink.
    She also said I could have a referral for physio if I came back?!?
    Think I need to see my regular...

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Mmumm; 24-06-2016 at 21:27.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Update - having op in 2 weeks!
    Posterior & anterior repair plus perineo-something (repairing episiotomy area). I'll be like a virgin again. Ha!
    Awesome news! Is it through the public system?
    I really need a similar op, my prolapses aren't improving over time

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Mmumm; 24-06-2016 at 21:28.