+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Update here. I've got an appt at end of March to see a urogyno.
    I'm about 10kg over what I should be so GP suggested I try to get back to my usual weight before appt as extra weight doesn't help the issue. In a way I'm happy....being told to lose weight means ill try harder (stupid isn't it) BUT attempt one today of walking, just me, without a pram and I'm now crippled. Feels like I've run a marathon, down there only! I can't lift my legs to get upstairs to bed without pulling on the railing. It's so achey/heavy and uncomfortable. Catch-22!

Can't wait for the appt to see what she suggests....until then time to shed some kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I do love an update. Keep the coming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @loislane2010 - prior to your sling op did your period make your issues worse?
    I've been paying closer attention to my goings on and its not urine that I leak anymore...that part has been fixed by the months of electro stimulation at the physio, its discharge...then i got my period for the first time since stopping bfeeding and wow....what an experience that was. If i can manouvre a tampon around whatever is bulging in there, it doesn't stay in for more than a few minutes, and period is super heavy lasting longer than usual.
    I love my kids but i really hate my body since having them. DH and i keep argueing....I know i'm starting them by whinging, so he says 'go for a walk and clear your head i'll sort the kids' to which I reply "there is no use in me walking as i'm crippled after it, and its not worth the pain", I feel about 100 ( grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can say i had issues with my period previously and dont now either. Sounds to me like it might be your uterus prolapsing. Best to see your gyno.
    As for the whole 'lose weight and it might go away'. I was 15kg over weight when i saw my gyno re incontinance and i was never told weight loss would help.

For those who are interested. Its about 6 months post op and i can safely say it was the best thing i ever did.
    I am working out again...running, star jumps etc and feeling great. Im rollerskating again without wearing pads. I even WAIT FOR IT, jumped on the trampoline for about 20 mins (non-stop) and not a drop!
    I havent worn a pad/liner for about 5 months now
    Best feeling in the world.
    I would recommend the surgery to anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uterine Prolapse Experiences?

. .
    Last edited by Mmumm; 24-06-2016 at 21:20.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do it!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (09-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    Update time
    Urogyno appt in march left me in tears and really down, basically said lose weight do pelvic floors and I'll be fine. I've been having electro stimulation for months with physio - how much more can I do? GP sent me for another opinion, saw a gyno today. She is fabulous! Said I don't need a big prolapse op that included slings etc as my cervix is very high (which is good) it's just a cystocele/rectocele repair - where she removes part of vaginal wall then stitches up again and it's enough to tighten both prolapses and pull back into a normal spot. Did an internal ultrasound and made me cough strain push etc and showed me on the screen what was happening, why tampons don't stay in etc. Said it's not severe but I shouldn't have to "live with it" whilst still young(ish).
    Said she can also tidy up my perineum as it hasn't healed evenly
    So now to check my insurance covers it (as I changed cover when we decided we were done having kids) and when to do it as it's a 6 week recovery.
    Thoughts/tips/warnings?
    Do it. I had a repair (basically wat they want to do with you and it was fine for a while but it came back so needed the sling.
    The recovery from this one was similar to a vaginal birth. I was told at my 3 week post op check up to have as much s3x as possible . My husband loved it! Things will feel tighter...which is a very good thing IYKWIM . It was actually kind of exciting...almost like being a virgin again .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (09-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go for it Mmumm!! I hope it is successful, what grade prolapse do you have? It's great that you have health insurance. We unfortunately don't have it, so the waiting would probably be years through the public system.

Loislane, I would LOVE to be able to use our trampoline without worrying about damaging anything! I'm so happy that it went well for you & you are able to have an active life!

So I have a Grade 1 prolapse, I believe it's bladder & uterine. Mine isn't "severe" enough to warrant surgery is it?The physio at the hospital just said keep doing kegals...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had a grade one (bladder) and i was given surgery...my gyno said no amount of kegels were going to help.

Grade one is the bladder had moved down in the abdominal cavity,
    grade two it can be felt through the vagina
    grade three is protruding through the vagina.

Once it is a grade one no amount of kegels are going to help...its not the muscles anymore that are the problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    I only had a grade one (bladder) and i was given surgery...my gyno said no amount of kegels were going to help.

Grade one is the bladder had moved down in the abdominal cavity,
    grade two it can be felt through the vagina
    grade three is protruding through the vagina.

Once it is a grade one no amount of kegels are going to help...its not the muscles anymore that are the problem.
    Okay thanks - yeah I'm definitely just the grade 1. It has improved somewhat since my last baby 9 months ago, but I'm still restricted in what exercise I can do (burpees are risky lol!) & it bothers me when I lift things. I haven't seen a gyno, maybe I should get my GP to refer me. All I've seen is the physio & I guess they believe in their exercises more than surgery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast