+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Acupuncture

Hi all
    This is my third pregnancy (one ended in a MC) and I'm REALLY struggling with the morning sickness! I had hyperemesis with my DD and nothing helped

Has anyone had any success with acupuncture? I would love to hear your stories! Also, if someone could recommend an acupuncturist in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, that would be great!

Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one In east Melb that is lovely and recommended by someone else on BH. Danielle Baker. If you google her she comes up. I haven't experienced bad MS but I had it slightly and she did her magic and all was fine! She's lovely and even has appointments on Saturday's!
    If you can find her on google, let me know.

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd see your dr again. There are lots more meds available now to help with hg. Zofran, maxalon, stemetil, ranitidine, restivit, vit b6. Also a few other prescription only meds that you need to ask your dr about.

I had unmanaged hyperemesis with ds2 and it was horrible, I used to say nothing worked for it, but that was because I want offered anything but zofran. This time I was taking zofran b6 ranitidine and restivit and my hg was manageable.

I tried acupuncture and it didn't work at all. To me its the same as trying ginger to stop hyperemesis.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    I have one In east Melb that is lovely and recommended by someone else on BH. Danielle Baker. If you google her she comes up. I haven't experienced bad MS but I had it slightly and she did her magic and all was fine! She's lovely and even has appointments on Saturday's!
    If you can find her on google, let me know.

Thanks munchkin I'll have a look

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I'd see your dr again. There are lots more meds available now to help with hg. Zofran, maxalon, stemetil, ranitidine, restivit, vit b6. Also a few other prescription only meds that you need to ask your dr about.

I had unmanaged hyperemesis with ds2 and it was horrible, I used to say nothing worked for it, but that was because I want offered anything but zofran. This time I was taking zofran b6 ranitidine and restivit and my hg was manageable.

I tried acupuncture and it didn't work at all. To me its the same as trying ginger to stop hyperemesis.

I had Zofran, B6 and Maxalon for my first pregnancy and it didn't help

I'm really scared to take meds due to my recent miscarriage and my DD was born at 36 weeks with a very low birth weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMsMum View Post
    I had Zofran, B6 and Maxalon for my first pregnancy and it didn't help

I'm really scared to take meds due to my recent miscarriage and my DD was born at 36 weeks with a very low birth weight
    The ranitidine and restivit worked the best for me (as a combo with zofran ect). The restivit is cat.a. Sorry to hear about your MC xx. I was worried.about meds on my second bub but he was born perfectly healthy, overdue, 9pd9.5oz. You do what you have to to survive. I hope the acupuncture works.for you. It didnt for mw. She said once a week is better. That would have been $70 a.week.and If i.could afford that i.woild have bought more zofran (up to.24Mg a day)

(sorry for spelling and full stops.ect. Tablet has a mind of..its own.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have phi too my lady in east Melbourne does rebates (or whatever the terminology is)..

As pp said, try what's best for you! You can only try and if it doesn't work there's no obligation or anything..

Let us know how you go!

Fx you get some relief soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both xox

I was hospitalised today and given IV fluids and Zofran.

Next time I see my OB, I'll ask about the other meds you mentioned and I'll look into the acupuncture as well.

Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you feel better soon. Sounds horrible!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMsMum View Post
    Thank you both xox

I was hospitalised today and given IV fluids and Zofran.

Next time I see my OB, I'll ask about the other meds you mentioned and I'll look into the acupuncture as well.

Thanks so much
    I hope you feel a bit better after the iv fluids. Go back everyday if you feel you need to xx