+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default High Folate Results in blood test?

Is a high level of RBC folate a bad thing when ttc or pregnant? I have been taking multi vitamins with the standard 500ug of folic acid in them for about 14 months now. I was looking through some of my blood test results from 6 months ago and my RBC folate level is 1487. The range is 450+ so mine is WAY above that. My B12 levels were 302 & the range for that is 180+ so my B12 is a bit high but not extremely over the limit like my folate is. Does anyone know if that is anything to be concerned about? I thought that your system was supposed to get rid of any excess folate, not store it. Should I ask the GP for further tests? Has anyone else had high folate levels like this? Can too high a level be a bad thing or a sign that something else could be wrong? Could it be stopping me from getting pregnant again?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Similar Threads

1. Understanding hormone blood test results??
    By wendlle in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-07-2013, 21:45
  2. NT scan + blood test results
    By Cant wait to be a mummy in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 17:01
  3. First blood test results
    By Here Kitty in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 20:10