+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Getting snubbed but unsure why.

I am in this situation that feels so high school, I almost feel ridiculous asking for advice about this as an adult. I majorly get snubbed by this mum at school, to the point where she won’t say hello back (in front of our children) and she will say hello to other mums if I am talking to them in a group. It is not imagined. If we cross paths, she just looks straight through me even if I say hello. Some background:

At the start of the year I took mat leave and for the first month of school I was dropping/picking up my step children at school every now and then. I knew a couple of other mums and would say hello but rarely saw those particular mums. I was heavily pregnant and it was hot, so I usually did the drop off and made my way home. I didn't know most of the mums but they all seemed friendly, so it was just a smile here and there. After 6 weeks after the birth or so, I started going back to school to do a few drop offs/pick ups with my new baby.

I walked into the classroom and one mum said congrats and I said ‘thanks’ and did small talk etc. Another woman walked up behind me and said ‘my god, how could you have had the baby, where did the time go?. In my delirious state, I didn’t realize she was talking to me at first so after a few seconds turned at said something like, ‘oh yeah, I had her.’ Not exactly conversation of the year but my intention was never to be rude, I was just TIRED!!! Strangely enough because I didn’t know her and I still don’t know every mum in the class I am not sure if it is even the same women but it’s the only occasion I can think of that I may have offended this women.

So. What would you do? I just hate that she ignores me in front of the kids as I think it sets a bad example and is chronically immature. I have stopped saying hello just so I dnt have to get snubbed again. What should I do? I see this woman once a week at least and both her kids are in my SS and SD classes. Small school so good chance I will be seeing her for the next 6 years!!!!!

I have to quickly add that she did this to my DP too ( at a school social event) and he came back saying ‘my god there was this women there who doesn’t like me, I tried to say hello a few times but she ignored me’. I had been telling him about this woman for months and we laughed when we realised it was the same person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Just keep on being nice and friendly to her... it will confuse her.
    If she doesn't respond when you say hello, she's the one left looking like a rude moron.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (12-09-2013),CakeyMumma  (12-09-2013),jagamoe  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    honestly? I wouldn't waste my time with her. She sounds like a headache.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (12-09-2013),Yep  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure what your step family is like but maybe if Bm was her friend once? Maybe feels loyal? its the only thing i can think of.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowCrazyCool For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (12-09-2013),BlissedOut  (12-09-2013),αληθη  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you confront her about it and ask nicely what her problem might be with you?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HowCrazyCool View Post
    Not sure what your step family is like but maybe if Bm was her friend once? Maybe feels loyal? its the only thing i can think of.
    I get on well with BM and her mum friends. Their kids come over here for playdates etc so I am on good terms with them, especially now after being around the school for 6 months. Unless she has made up that scenario in her own mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    Can you confront her about it and ask nicely what her problem might be with you?

Possibly. I am swinging between this and just letting it go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't bother trying to figure it out to be honest. You'll probably never guess anyway.

My SIL is like this with a lot of people... friendly one week, cold the next. It used to upset me greatly, but now I just be polite and move on. I just could. not. be. bothered. anymore.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (12-09-2013),Gothel  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't bother. Just go about your school drop and don't acknowledge her. You've clearly done nothing wrong!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she was besties with BM then wouldn't DP know?