+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How many cycles of IVF did it take?

We've just finished our second round of IVF/PICSI (AF arrived this morning, BT is tomorrow to confirm BFN) and I'm starting to wonder how many times I can do this.

So how many cycles did it take you to get pregnant?

Our issues are male factor.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    We've just finished our second round of IVF/PICSI (AF arrived this morning, BT is tomorrow to confirm BFN) and I'm starting to wonder how many times I can do this.

Thanks
    I'm so sorry you didn't get it this time around
    We got it first go, I have pcos, endo and there are male factors also.
    Stay positive

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two fresh cycles got me DD and 1 frozen 1 fresh got me pregnant this time.

A friend did 27 cycles over 7 years before she got her bubba. That's commitment.

Not being harsh but I guess it comes down to how badly do you want it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will also do as many cycles as it takes once this bub is born as a donor for my sister. I will go till she's broke!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Hi Cue Sorry about your BFN it hurts so much. I remember you from June/ July thread. I have had two failed cycles and am heading for another frozen one maybe next month. Cue from what I have noticed some people seem to get really lucky and first shot it works. Then their are other who can take many, many cycles. I am changing FS and clinics now this cycle as I was unhappy with my other FS and his service. I am actually going to speak to my new FS about doing more tests on me as well. I am going to be a lot more demanding with me next cycle as I feel that for the money we pay it is one thing to get back to back BFN's but we deserve to get better service and some answers as to why this is happening.

Have you had a follow up yet with your FS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    5 cycles for bubba 1 and 6 cycles and still counting for bubba 2.

Sorry you got a bfn. Ivf is a hard road and if you want it bad enough you will keep going and if not then you stop.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Two fresh cycles got me DD and 1 frozen 1 fresh got me pregnant this time.

A friend did 27 cycles over 7 years before she got her bubba. That's commitment.

Not being harsh but I guess it comes down to how badly do you want it.
    27!! Wow, that's full on. As we already have a DD, we won't pursue IVF relentlessly at her expense but we do want another child pretty badly so we'll keep going for now.

What a great thing to do for your sister

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    Hi Cue Sorry about your BFN it hurts so much. I remember you from June/ July thread. I have had two failed cycles and am heading for another frozen one maybe next month. Cue from what I have noticed some people seem to get really lucky and first shot it works. Then their are other who can take many, many cycles. I am changing FS and clinics now this cycle as I was unhappy with my other FS and his service. I am actually going to speak to my new FS about doing more tests on me as well. I am going to be a lot more demanding with me next cycle as I feel that for the money we pay it is one thing to get back to back BFN's but we deserve to get better service and some answers as to why this is happening.

Have you had a follow up yet with your FS?
    We've had heaps of testing, our FS is great and I love our clinic so I'm happy to stay for now.

I hope in your case a change of clinic and extra testing brings you success!

We have an appointment in a couple of weeks to follow up, we don't have any frozen so we'll take a month off before doing another full cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've had heaps of testing, our FS is great and I love our clinic so I'm happy to stay for now.

I hope in your case a change of clinic and extra testing brings you success!

We have an appointment in a couple of weeks to follow up, we don't have any frozen so we'll take a month off before doing another full cycle.

I should add my 27 cycle friend got her baby after changing FS for a second time. The new FS threw everything at her whereas the old one never tried anything new. She thinks it was adding prednisolone which changed things, none had done it previously which is almost criminal in my opinion after that many transfers.

After 4 cycles I think it's time for a change. Give them two more gos

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a tough road for sure... We have a DD too (naturally conceived). It took us 7 cycles ( 5 fresh and two frozen). All up we had 10 embryos transferred before the last one stuck. I had decided to go as hard as I could until the end of this year, and if it hadn't worked by then, we would move on as a family of three.

good luck, hopefully cycle number 3 will be your golden ticket! Xx