+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight Gain...

Hi ladies! I am 16 weeks 1 day and I haven't put on any weight at all! Is anyone else in the same boat? My mum is a midwife and has said that by this stage usually you would have put a little on by now. Eating normally and no morning sickness so not quite sure if this is the norm? I remember having put on a couple of kilos with my first by this stage....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had bad morning sickness and lost 5kg. I only got back to my prepreg weight at 20wks.

As long as you're eating healthy wouldn't worry a friend of mine put on 5kg total with her first and 0kg with her second

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell me your secret to not aining weight! I'm just newly pregnant but i am weighing more than i should so i want to minimise weight gain if possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone's different. Didn't have ms either and had only put 3kg from pre preg to 24 weeks. Unfortunately have caught up now - bugger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only put on 1kg until 18-19 weeks...it can be normal to not gain in the first tri. Just make sure you're eating healthy and not restricting, and not losing weight.

Have you had any scans yet? I wouldn't worry unless bub was not growing either.

Talk to your ob/midwife if you're concerned

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was really sick with the flu around 12weeks and lost 3kg. And only now at 23wks I am back to the same weight (pre-preg).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm around 24 weeks and I've also stayed at my pre pregnancy weight. I started out as a larger girl, and I have just been eating sensibly and doing gentle exercise (I also cut back on the sugar, white carbs and starchy vegetables). Given my starting weight my doctors are pretty pleased that I've kept the weight gain down, but mention it at your next appointment if you're worried

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I'm 22.5 weeks and have put on 1.5kg overall. I did lose 2-3kg in the 1st trimester though so have put that back on. I've been craving healthy food mostly so my weight gain has been slow (I eat healthier than before pregnancy even though I ate pretty healthily then).

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im now at 20 weeks and have put on only 1kg....anyone else in the same boat???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am almost 27 weeks and have put on 1.5kgs- 2kgs. My midwives don't seem concerned at all and I'm not worried as I assume I'll put on more the further into my third trimester. I think everyone is different, I expected to put on a lot more but I was curvy to begin with so maybe my body hasn't needed to put on any. I'm not sure how it works really.