+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting out of swaddling baby

Hi..

My DD will be 6 months next week.. Bit of background.. She has always been swaddled to sleep from the first day. She started sleeping through the night from 2 months but started waking up 3, 4 times during she was 4 months.. She uses a dummy as well and when we put it back she goes back to sleep..
    About 2 weeks back she started waking up cause she has taken off her swaddle in her sleep.. When we check she is crying in her sleep and when I swaddle her back she falls a sleep..
    Sometimes she turns to her tummy during sleep and has moved in the cot as well.. (In her sleep - we wake up cause she cries..eyes closed but crying) so I put her on her back and swaddle and she falls asleep..
    How do I stop swaddling her..?
    She won't fall asleep unless swaddled..
    I'm so tired and exhausted every morning and would like some thoughts and advise..

She needs to be swaddled to sleep during the day naps as well..
    She can't still self settle.. I feed her to sleep in my arms and keep her in the cot.. And swaddle.. If I don't swaddle she wakes up in minutes..

Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tizzie halls book save our sleep has some bits on both swaddling and self settling if you have acess to a copy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mkj For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went cold turkey when she started rolling. She wasn't impressed at first but settled eventually. Maybe move to a sleeping bag that leaves the arms free?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Save Our Sleep worked for DS too. We started swaddling him with one arm out, and then the other arm out, and ditched the swaddle for a sleeping bag. I think I may have used both for a nap or two.

But we did have a couple of weeks where DS (then 6 months) was waking all the time because he figure out how to roll over and he spent all night practising. HTH!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeJu's Mum For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You could try a Woombie - she will have a lot of trouble getting out of it. Get a convertible one and work on her having her arms out over time ... but first you could get a bit of sleep.

Buy it from the Woombie Australia website.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the comments!
    I will try to get hold of the book and have a read..
    Thank you for the Woombie idea mim1..! I checked the website and they seemed worth a try.. Will be ordering one..
    Tonight will try wrapping her arms out and see..
    Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd wouldn't sleep without swaddling either. I bought one swaddle that had the zip up the front and her arms were in but above her head. I used that for a week then just put her in her sleeping bag arms out. After a few days she learnt it meant sleep (most of the time anyway). Best part. .. she can put her own dummy in now when she loses it.
    Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (26-09-2013)