+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Left my job

Hi ladies
    I've been through a few cycles and an operation in the last 2 years (like many of the gorgeous ladies here).

Unfortunately my anxiety has taken over in the last 6 months and I spent a lot of time unable to sleep, feeling paranoid and getting emotional over insignificant things.

Hubby and I decided it was time to take action because a lot of the anxiety was stemming from my work environment.

I resigned a couple of weeks ago and left almost immediately. I know that I've done the right thing for my health and my relationship, especially as we are about to go for it again with our last gorgeous little embryo.

I plan to start work again soon but really simplify my role and do something I can manage emotionally.

I know in my heart this is the right thing but every now and then a thought creeps up and scares the bejeezus out of me and says "woman what have you done - are you insane???"....I was actually an ambitious driven level headed professional before all this!!

I'm sorry about the long post but Im having a down day and this feel a little like therapy.. Thank you so much for listening ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't ever regret making a decision like that because deep down you made the decision based on your gut instincts and they are never wrong. Work stress takes a real toll on people so I totally understand. Own the decision you've made and go for it with confidence. Once you're holding your bubba in your arms you'll realise you made the right decision.

I wish you luck and really hope you have success and to you.

P.S. Acupuncture really helped me deal with work stress and helped me have success with my FET which resulted in my daughter so might be worth having a few sessions in the run up to your next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you!

I did something very similar and left a job only a few months back, had a couple of months off, landed a similar job in a better environment, with less stress. I can honestly say I have never looked back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for these responses. I feel much better today and like I said I know it's the right thing.
    I believe beautiful things will come for all of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was with my 1st wife her work load was stressing her. We had been married about 3 years. I could see the impact it was having on her.

One day and sat down with her and said if she fills her time with something worthwhile she can quit work and I will support her. Not that it was my decision to make or that I was forcing her to work. I wanted her to know that she had my full support in whatever she chose to do an that she need not work.

We did talk about the stress of her job etc. 2 weeks later she quit.

I think it was the best thing she ever did. She never worked full time again. She could have and still could if she desired as she is skilled in a number of fields.

Dont doubt yourself ... it seems to me you are putting more important things first

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all thanks so much for your replies. I just wanted to check back in and share with anyone who may be going through something similar. We went through our last frozen cycle a while back and I'm 8 weeks pregnant!!
    I did take time out, spent lots of quality time on myself and hubby - really relaxed and got centered. I've since started a new job - downsized with limited stress and a wonderful manager. Life is quite beautiful!
    Last edited by Ocean Blue; 02-11-2013 at 09:32.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ocean Blue For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so happy for you, see you did make the right decision, yay!!!

I hope you have a very uneventful and healthy pregnancy and a nice healthy bubba to hold in 32 weeks time! It'll fly by.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art