Closed Thread
Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't plan that well not bringing a pregnancy test. I googled it and you can buy them in chemists, but the English is not good here and I do not know how to say pregnancy test in hungarian.

Stacey10, can you tell me which clinic in Greece you went to? PM if ou prefer. I have a friend looking at Greece.

Welcome Chillout71. Lots of good info on here and helpful people. We went to Zlin around a week ago so all very fresh for me. Still don't know result yet. We head home in a couple of days and I will be straight to Dr for blood test to get result. Can't wait, this 2ww is testing my patience

Cost breakdown.
    Treatment costs: 4500euro, which worked out around $7000. We did all the extras, PICSI for fertilisation - 180 euro, embryoscope - 200euro and embryoglue - 120euro - so all up treatment cost was 5000 euro.
    Medications, I can not remember at the moment but as Stacey 10 said buy what you need in Aus through an online pharmacy, much cheaper, and the rest we got in the clinic here and much cheaper, DH remembers the costs of the emds we got here were around $400 but that is for the next 3 months. I had a lot of trouble getting the medications in Aus through my Doctor, but others do not seem to have experienced this problem.
    Travel - we deciede to make ours a holiday as well so hard to give this one with travel, accom, food, souvenier shopping, etc, and although we haven't been extravagant with our travel we could have definately done it cheaper. Travel has probably cost around $10k - $12k for just under 3 weeks travel. But if just going to Zlin we stayed at Penzion Uno, in the Superior room with breakfast, 1700 Cech Korona per night which is aroun $87AUs. Czech was really cheap and we took too much money with us, so can definately do cheaper. We then went to VIenna which was a bit more expensive and we are currently in Budapest arrived yesterday so too early to comment on costs here. We have also done some christmas shopping while here too so probably spent a bit more on souveniers than normally would.

In Czech donors are completely anonymous and you get no information that could identify them and the child can not trace the donor. Even to the point that I asked about taking a gift over for my donor, who I was told did have a child of her own. I thought I might take a little Koala over and my coordinator didn't say no, but recommended against it as anonymity is important, I guess the Koala would give the info the egg was going to an AUs couple.

WHy we chose Czech? Basically looked at costs of other clinics. Costs were one of the better but there were not big differences with some. THe final decision came down to where we wanted to travel. ANd we both wanted to go to Prague. We did not deal with a clinic from Aus that referred us there, we contacted the clinic ourselves and worked ith that way. Maybe if we had gone through a clinic who referred is we may not have had the medication issues I had in Aus but as I said other people did not have the issues I had.

Sorry for the long reply. Wanted to give you as much info as could. Happy to answer any questions if you have any given we are currently going trough it all.

Good luck with whichever path you decide on.
    Time for more exploring here of Budapest.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies , having a panick attach , just going through my protocol and worried that I may have bought the wrong medication. My supposably estrogen tablet looks like the birth control pills with Monday to Friday arrow system. The tablets are light blue and the brand is Progynova 2mg , Deb please tell me you are taking the same tablet ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi amfm. I'm doing de in SE Asia but read all the forums. Just to put you at ease, cause I know what it's like having a panic attack about cycling, progynova 2mg is correct. It is the standard medication used to thicken your lining. So don't worry, it is the right one. It's what everyone goes on.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozby For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx so much lozby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Debant! So by anonymous, you mean you don't get any info on the donor? How do they pick the donor for you, on what basis? I think in SA you pick your donor but then you don't have a way of the child tracking them down so that is kind-of anonymous but you choose your donor so not sure if it's the same or different in Czech? What other countries are worth checking out, I think someone mentioned Spain, what is the situation there? Don't think there is an ED thread on Spain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deb the Greek clinic is called embio, tell your friend to steer clear of that one there are other great clinics there
    chillout, you send over photos of yourself and fill out a form with info about yourself, then another form in order of importance to you of what you want in your donor, I myself think it's easier to have a third party choose as it takes the emotion out of it and they can choose from a purely professional point, just before you go over they give you basic info on your donor, I had 10 eggs, all fertilised and I had a day 6 transfer of 1 f/h and one hatching blast transferred, froze two hatching blasts. We were successful and I had my twin girls in June

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMFM mine are called climavil 2mg but I googled yours and it is the same so don't panic. Mine also are blue and are like the pill marked with the days.
    Thanks Stacey, I will let my friend know, that does not sound familiar.
    Chillout, as Stacey said you give your details and your preferences and the clinic chooses. Our main preference we gave was that the donor has had a child or donated successfullu, so we knew she was fertile. We got 11 eggs, 9 fertilsed, 4 good grade embryos for transfer, we transferred 2 and froze 2.
    So I found a pregnancy test today and will do it in the morning. As DH has said though if negative remember what you said Stacey about the tests not being as advanced as ours and don't get down.
    We have one more day tomorrow of sightseeing then we fly home.
    Been great sharing this all with you. THanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Deb I admire your strength lol there is no way I could not test knowing that I have a test sitting there !! I can't wait for your update Some ladies test better in the pm
    Amfm I had the same wee pills as you
    Chillout, if you want more info on the Spanish and Greek clinics, checkout fertilityfriends.co.uk they have specific threads on each clinic
    Last edited by stacey10; 25-11-2014 at 12:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very excited. It's a BFP
    Now I just wait for the blood test to confim and hope things keep progressing as well as they have so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Deb , this is such fantastic news , very happy for you, have a safe flight home and keep us updated with your blood sample
    thanks ladies for your updates on the pill, such a relief to read I got the right medications , I don't why it didn't occur to me to check it earlier on
    childput 71, my answers were pretty much same as Deb and Stacey so I didn't want to repeat it all but one thing that comes to my mind is that go with a place that feels right to you , as you deep down will believe that you will have a successful cycle, I'm heading to zlin in 7 weeks and extremely excited. All the best with your research