Closed Thread
Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I would recommend lying down in the mornings as well and the 2 oral ones internally when you can and yep d/h with two bags !! I got some young guy to help me on and off the train with mine, I tested,3 days after transfer and got a BFP but I had a 6 day transfer, I think starting at 5 is good that would be 10 dpo a nice stroll down town tomorrow sounds good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Deb , so happy to hear that it has gone well and OMG twins
    Deb and Stacey, I have some questions which may be silly to ask but I have never done this before so here we go ;
    what happends to the tables when taken from down there ? Quite interested to know after your comment Deb
    how long does the transfer take ? Is it like Pap test ? Any pain ?
    Lastly, if you do a pregnancy test after a week of transfer, how many weeks are you considered pregnant ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI AMFM
    I can answer these.
    Re the tablets. They go just a bit creamy. Nothing too grose but I suggest you bring some pantyliners. It's just the thought of taking a cream orally, but it isn't that when you take it so it's fine.
    The actual Transfer is quick, 5 min I think, then you lay for an hour. Before the transfer they take a blood test to check progesterone levels, thats where they found out mine was not where they like it, then see the embryologist and get the report of your embryos, then to finance for the money side of things then back up for the transfer. Yes, probably like a pap test, no pain, discomfort but no pain. Hubby can go in too. I did not know what to expect because never done IVF before, but it was fine.
    As far as how many weeks pregnant. Egg pick up is 2 weeks pregnant so transfer would be 3 weeks pregnant. You get given a sheet with all this information and dates outlined so you know when to have blood tests and scans.
    Hope this helps.
    Deb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb, thanks for your answers . Great help. The other concern i have is the weather condition for when we go. We will be there mid jan which is freezing cold, we were thinking of buying some clothes in zlin proper for snow, are clothes very expensive ?

Thanx again for your reply, let us know who u go with pregnancy test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amfm if your staying at clinic hotel they wheel you into your room after transfer and you can lie down on your bed for the hour, I ordered the room service breakfast and it was massive, I got all 3 meals that day out of it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey, we are staying at penzion sokolska , it's not far from the clinic , should be able to catch a taxi. Day after the transfer we are catching a train to Austria , hope that doesn't cause any issue , maybe we should have organised to stay more than a day in zlin ... Well too late now

how many times did you travel to zlin Stacey ? Do you remember much about prices on clothing ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re clothes - I found it more expensive. I live in Canada so our prices are pretty good. There is an h&m at the mall which was reasonable.

I stayed at pensione sokolska. We lived it! They speak very little English but really do their best to help. I needed an iron to fix a cotton summer dress. The lady plugged in a huge steamer and did it for me! I couldn't believe it. The room was massive. Only thing I might do is have the clinic call for the taxi as communication might be an issue. Very few people speak English outside the clinic. But we managed anyways.

On the main north south street (which you'll take back and forth to the clinic from either sokolska or uno) there's a kebob place across from the mall. The guys in there do speak English. Very friendly. Super affordable. Tasty food! We ate there a couple times. I was thrilled cause they spoke English, French and Italian. All languages I can communicate in!

Traveling the day after transfer is not an issue. Just be sure your dh does all the heavy lifting. Ments - we left the day after and travelled and toured all over for another week, including massive amounts of both walking and driving (6000 km total on our car rental!). I am now 17 weeks pg with a singleton! End ments.

Good luck everyone. Enjoy your trip first and foremost. Czek republic has loads of castles, and fantastic scenery. We loved our time there and would love to go back some day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I waited and bought a coat here AMFM. Mainly because our thick ones are so expensive and our average priced coats are too thin. I picked up a nice coat for around 100AUs. We were told though that clothes shopping in Czech is not cheap in comparison to other EU countries.
    We arrived in Vienna today. Beautiful. Felt so useless. DH was told by Eva at the clinic that he was to do all the lifting of the suitcases. He has been great and grabbing my case before I had a chance to lift.
    I loved Czech too Quandry. Beutiful and I found the people nice and helpful, even when we could not understand each other.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb your meant to feel useless Enjoy the rest of your time, hopefully it will take your mind off things but secretly I can't wait for you to test!!
    Amfm when I went it was October so not the cold that you will be going into, but I still needed a jacket, Deb who used to post here went in jan last year, and she got her jacket here, she bought boots there
    Quandry, congratulations on your pregnancy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by quandry View Post
    Re clothes - I found it more expensive. I live in Canada so our prices are pretty good. There is an h&m at the mall which was reasonable.

I stayed at pensione sokolska. We lived it! They speak very little English but really do their best to help. I needed an iron to fix a cotton summer dress. The lady plugged in a huge steamer and did it for me! I couldn't believe it. The room was massive. Only thing I might do is have the clinic call for the taxi as communication might be an issue. Very few people speak English outside the clinic. But we managed anyways.

On the main north south street (which you'll take back and forth to the clinic from either sokolska or uno) there's a kebob place across from the mall. The guys in there do speak English. Very friendly. Super affordable. Tasty food! We ate there a couple times. I was thrilled cause they spoke English, French and Italian. All languages I can communicate in!

Traveling the day after transfer is not an issue. Just be sure your dh does all the heavy lifting. Ments - we left the day after and travelled and toured all over for another week, including massive amounts of both walking and driving (6000 km total on our car rental!). I am now 17 weeks pg with a singleton! End ments.

Good luck everyone. Enjoy your trip first and foremost. Czek republic has loads of castles, and fantastic scenery. We loved our time there and would love to go back some day.
    Congrats on the pregnancy was it easy to travel from hotel to clinic ?