Closed Thread
Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    PS thanks for checking in Stacey. I hope the twins are doing well.

And to those of you on your way to Zlin, be careful what you wish for, because chances are...you all know that saying right? How many times have I thought it the past eight months or so. Ha!

Kheeki hunny, Alice, dear old friends ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tiggly not really sure what you mean about being careful what you wish for.... The whole reason we go to zlin is because we want /dream and wish for a baby and hopefully most of us are lucky to get that wish and hopefully the first time round, I'm lucky that I got my wish first time round and was lucky enough to get twins out of it, so lucky in fact that I'm toying with the idea of going back for my two frostiness, I just look at my two beautiful girls and can't stop thinking about the two I have left over there. So to the ladies that are planning their trips all I can say is keep wishing and dreaming as it maybe about to come true and it's so worth it !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course that's what I mean Stacey!!! It's a tongue-in-cheek kind of expression that is meant to encourage. I remember it being said to me in terms of big career ambitions - Be careful what you wish for because chances are it will happen - and I never forgot it through all the lean times, then on to the more abundant ones. It was one of the bits of wisdom that got me through. To me it meant IT CAN HAPPEN. That's all. Of course I mean go for it. I'm here as a living example! And I always loved the 'be careful what you wish for' bit because it means the dream is so possible that one can actually afford to consider it seriously. Sometimes with posting it's hard to communicate the subtleties or something. I am really pleased to hear about your plans re frosties. It made me feel encouraged and hopeful. We have frosties too and sometimes I wonder xxx
    Last edited by Tiggy123; 12-09-2014 at 12:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

I am getting myself really worked up about this I.M injection. The GP has said no he won't give it to me and therefore the nurse can't either. I have a friend who has offered to do it but she is not a nurse. She has been diabetic most her life so knows how to give needles. I have been googling how to do it and found some videos. My biggest fear is we get it wrong and it doesn't work and stuffs up my chances of getting pregnant. Am I just being silly and over cautious? Have other people given to themselves or always had a medically trained person give it?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know Debant , I'm on a same page as you. My shot will be due in December and I have the same fear of getting it wrong
    It will be interesting to know the likelihood of getting it wrong? And how precise does it have to be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies, I was lucky enough that my doctor had no problems having the nurse do it, I'm sorry your having problems with unhelpful doctors, so not speaking from personal experience here, but I do know of lots of ladies on other threads that have done their injections either themselves or have had their partners do it and all have managed to do it right, only one has ended up with a problem and it was for some other reason. They have all watched the utube videos and done it from those, just make sure it goes into that fatty part on the top right/left part of your bum cheek then get ready to turn into dragon/monster woman lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I should warn hubby about dragon monster woman. I wonder what I, who can already be a dragon monster woman will turn in to?????? My poor darling husband.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. I don't think you're being silly worrying about the needle. But it really isn't worth all the stress you're putting on yourselves. I was pretty needle phobic before starting IVF but honestly, when you know you have to do it to reach your goal, its just another of our challenges. I always give myself the needle. That way i can take my time and get it right. I actually injected myself on the wrong day and had a minor meltdown. But it didn't matter. Zlin said give or take a couple of days wouldn't matter. Also I inject into my stomach as I was told during IVF. Just pinch together the lower stomach roll ( some rolls are bigger than others!). And take your time assembling the needle so you get it right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it make any difference wether injection is done on the stomach or bottom ? Or is the same ? Also the needle is very big , how deep does it have to go ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can do either, when I was on daily lupron injections it was in the tummy, and the depot injection I used said it could be used in the tummy or bum, but my nurse and doctor did say they thought it was better to go into the bum fat as it allows for better absorption, but each to their own and you do what's most easy/comfortable for you yes Debant I would pre warn your d/h and let him know that it's not really you it's the drugs lol, I just wanted to eat everyone's head off so there was a lot if treading on egg shells for four or so weeks