Closed Thread
Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday to the twins Alice 284.

Thanks for the gift advice people, I have been thinking of that too.

Hope all is well and plans are going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yahhh we have a date and Eva at Zlin has asked for the deposit, so we are all back on track again.

I have a question for people who have been. Did you book your travel yourselves or go through a travel agent? Never travelled overseas without a travel agent but know people who have.

Hope all is going good for everyone.

Deb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice that's wonderful! I hope things have settled now you've moved away. Are they both walking?

Deb, I always book my own travel. It gives you a lot more flexibility to decide your plans as you go. The easiest way to get there is on Emirates/Qantas to Dubai to Prague. Then just get a transfer to wherever you're going. We went straight from the flight to the train station. We used PragueTransfers which were great. Just book on line. You buy you're train ticket at the station. When you get on the train, ask them if you have to change trains. The ticket doesn't really make it clear but the staff are very helpful with limited English.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies a question for you all we were asked to do a sperm analysis and when my husband phoned to make an appointment he was told he will be out of pocket $99 but today we got home to a $500 bill for pathology . Is this how much it costs for any if you who were required to do the test ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So great to hear from you Kheeki! My little girl is walking, correction - running! She is an escape artist and always heads as fast as she can to anything and everything she shouldn't be touching. She also likes to escape out of the dog door! Thankfully our little boy is not yet walking and seems to be less interested in escaping. He's happy exploring.

Yes, we always booked our own travel. You don't need a visa so it's pretty simple. We use a website like Kayak.com.au to compare prices. We flew into Vienna, because I love Vienna so we spent a few days there to holiday. Then we got a driver from the clinic to pick us up. It's about the same distance as Prague.

I'd ring the Dr.'s surgery and question why the test was so expensive. I know on occasion I'd get a big bill from pathology because my doctor forgot to tick a box on a form. Sometimes it's as simple as that so I'd always ring and never ended up paying.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much Alice, I will ring up the doctor and hopefully I don't have to pay either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deposit paid today. Getting very real now. Our travel plans are also finalised thanks to the help of a good friend of hubbies who is a travel agent. We are putting a bit in but I like the idea of keeping busy. We will fly into Prague, then straight to Zlin on the train. Stay in Zlin for a couple of days until egg retrieval then head to Prague for a few days then back to Zlin for embryo transfer. Have a day resting after that then off to Vienna for a few days then Budapest for a few days then home.

I have a question re meds. I saw my Doctor today and he is not prepared to give me a script. Have other people had problems. He said the lupron is restricted in Aus to men with prostate cancer and the estrimax he is also not sure of. Eva from Zlin has suggested IVFmeds.com Anyone used this site? It looks like you still need a prescription.

Feeling nervous, excited, anxious, so many feelings. And to top it off got a horrible cold and just saw NSW is in the midst of a flu epidemic so hopefully do not develop further.

Hope all are doing well. Anyone going to be in Zlin in November?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Debant, this is very exciting and perfect timing to go to Europe, I hope it all goes well. We are planning to go to zlin next feb ( not confirmed yet) . And I can hardly wait. Would you mind if I ask how much it all costs for DE cycle, tickets, accommodation and extra time for holidays after the transfer ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AMFM
    The costs are 4500 euro for DE cycle, flights $3010 (for both of us return, ended up going Finnair), accommodation $1241 which is 5 nights Zlin, 4 nights Prague, 3 nights Vienna and 3 nights Budapest. Based on current conversion just over $12000. I have put another 500 euro aside for possible extras for treatment, eg the medication I referred to in my prev post to buy online will be around $400. Also need to add train fares and transfers. We budgeted $15000 for the trip and going to come in under that which is good.
    We ended up going through a travel agent but it helps that DH has a friend he grew up with and is still close to who is a travel agent. We decided it was better to go that way when we started adding all the extra travel in.
    Good luck with your planning.
    Deb
    Last edited by Debant; 12-08-2014 at 21:07.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In regards to meds, the clinic will write you a script for an online uk based pharmacy. All of us that have been have got our meds this way. It really is the best way to do this whole medication thing.
    I only purchased the meds that I needed pre-transfer and then at the clinic I got them to write me a script for the rest of my meds that I then collected from the pharmacy at the clinic. It is sooooo much cheaper.

I've even heard of people asking to buy a lupron injection over there to bring home encase they need to do a second cycle.