Closed Thread
Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. You only get minimal donor info. I got hair and eye color, height, weight, number of children of her own and education level. For privacy reasons they don't like too much info sharing on forums so probably pm each other when you want to share the details.

It's really exciting and a little strange when you hear a bit about her. My husband and I spent the whole time in Zlin looking at women who looked like me! You also see women at the clinic and wonder if it's them. It's a nice mystery.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It truly is a mystery , I can't wait to start my cycle
    when did you say you were there Kheeki ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AMFM,

I was in Zlin in February. CZ is an amazing place, we can't wait to return hopefully in January. This time we will limit our time in Zlin and spend more time in Prague which is an amazing place. Mind blowingly beautiful. There will probably be more to do in Zlin when you are there because its summer. The language barrier is a bit more noticeable in Zlin as less people speak English but everyone is lovely and helpful and with a few hand gestures you can communicate! Most people in Prague seem to speak English.

We caught the train between the two cities which was great, very scenic. It takes a bit of getting used to in terms of working out platforms and you usually have to change trains a couple of times. How do you plan to get there?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I finally got af. After a bit of a scare thinking I was pg (af spotted then stopped making me worried it was implantation instead of af...). But things are good now and I am finally on bcp! Just under five weeks now till our lupron injection... Getting excited but nervous. Just so hoping this all works out.... Same as everyone else I'm sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Can anyone help me, when doing a overseas egg donor how does it work??? Do u go there and get an embryo in wait two weeks then fly home or take the donors eggs that were all collected back here???? Iv no idea sorry to ask silly questions donors is on the cards for us so was just wondering. How long it's done and how long u r away for

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's best to ask each clinic how they do it... but here's my schedule for a DE cycle.

I started BCP yesterday with my period. I take that until the end of June.
    July 1st - Lupron shot.
    July 22- Start estrogen
    August 1st - US at home to check lining
    August 3rd - Fly to europe, landing on the 4th.
    August 6th - Appointment with the FS.
    August 7th - Egg retrieval, and sperm collection. Start taking progesterone both vaginally and orally, as well as start baby aspirin and prednisone until five days past positive pregnancy test.
    August 8th - Fertilization report
    August 12th - Embryo transfer
    August 13th - Leave clinic

SO - Most clinics have both you and the donor use BCP to sync your cycles. You only need to be there for about 8 days for a donor egg cycle, as you are not the one who needs the most monitoring.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to quandry For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by quandry View Post
    It's best to ask each clinic how they do it... but here's my schedule for a DE cycle.

I started BCP yesterday with my period. I take that until the end of June.
    July 1st - Lupron shot.
    July 22- Start estrogen
    August 1st - US at home to check lining
    August 3rd - Fly to europe, landing on the 4th.
    August 6th - Appointment with the FS.
    August 7th - Egg retrieval, and sperm collection. Start taking progesterone both vaginally and orally, as well as start baby aspirin and prednisone until five days past positive pregnancy test.
    August 8th - Fertilization report
    August 12th - Embryo transfer
    August 13th - Leave clinic

SO - Most clinics have both you and the donor use BCP to sync your cycles. You only need to be there for about 8 days for a donor egg cycle, as you are not the one who needs the most monitoring.
    Wow that was a great break down and I wish u the best of luck. Do you think flying when your pregnant all that way would effect the out come of a progressing pregnancy? And also if u don't mind me asking is the fees the same as Australian but put your flights and accom on top of that ? One last thing if we were to do it and dh mum and dad were in uk could we go there after for week or two or do u need to be back with your clinic for monitoring ? X thanks for the info.. Is this ur first donor egg? X

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad this thread is still going!

We went to the Czech Republic to the clinic in Zlin and no, once we had transfer we were free to go and do whatever we wanted. They release you into the care of your doctor back home.

After our second and successful cycle we went to the UK for almost 2 weeks I think and went all over the place, I even stood in the freezing December weather for several hours at a film premiere in London to get a dodgy selfie with Anne Hathaway! We had twins from that cycle so clearly none of that effected it.

Cost wise, we had a bit of a holiday each time we went over and spent between 10-14 ish thousand per trip. The exchange rate was very good when we went so it might be a bit more expensive now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And in regards to looking at all the women wondering if it's "them", yep, we did it too. You could send yourself crazy! We had to consciously not do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kheeki, sorry I didn't reply earlier , we are actually abit undecided as when we we will make it there, but was talking about February next year. I was worried that it might be a bit too cold though !! Was it snowing when you were there ? Did you have to have special clothing for the weather ?