Closed Thread
Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I have recently done a blood test recommended from an IVF clinic in Czech Republic and one of the tests has came back positive. The test is for mycoplasma and IGm count was positive for both my husband and I . I was just wondering to know if anyone else had the same issue and if I should be concern?
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies...

I am in Canada, but am doing a DE cycle at Zlin in August... I read a few pages of this thread and was so thrilled to see all the great advice, I thought I would join and say hello!

AMFM - Mycoplasma is the world's smallest organism, and is responsible for repeat pregnancy loss (RPL). It is easily treated with Cipro, but both you and your partner need to be on the meds, otherwise you just reinfect each other.

For the IGm, the clinic will have you take prednisone (we all take this actually) and you can opt for intralipids as well... I;ve not been identified with any immune issues, but I'm doing the intralipids as a way to increase chances. You may want to ask about taking prednisone for longer, and ask your home clinic about intralipids post transfer when you get home...

AFM - We will be there form August 5th to 13th. We've booked pension sokolska for this time for 380$ for 8 nights(wow!)... and they have fridges in your room, and a communal kitchen for everyone to use as well. It's a pretty new hotel, and looks pretty nice (I used booking.com to book all of our rooms...) We are doing a vacation with this as well. 8 nights in Zlin, 2 near cologne, 2 in brussels, 2 in luxembourg, and 1 at the start and the end near paris as that is the airport we are using. We've rented a car, so have a fair bit of freedom in where we go and when.

Our history - Remarried, have two older children from first marriage, but DH has no children. We started the fertility process at 36 when we wed. It's now 3.5 years later. In the last two years we have had five losses, the last at the end of March when I was nearly 13 weeks. I am now 40, and the chances of conception with OE, especially after so many losses, just seems nearly impossible... So DE seems like the right thing to do!

Wondering if there is anyone who is there at the same time we are? Would love to say hello to others with the same struggles... I'm currently on a canadian ivf site, and there are a few of us using Zlin, but no one at the same time DH and I are going.
    Last edited by quandry; 21-05-2014 at 23:46.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to quandry For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear quandry, thank you very much for your respond. I have booked a time with my dr. To start the treatment. Good luck with your cycle and trip to zlin we are thinking of going early next year.
    We have to do number of tests before we make the trip. We never done any ivf treatment and so had no medical history or test result to show and I was pretty disappointed to have the first test with a positive for mycoplasma.
    Keep us up to date with your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say thank you for your reply, but cannot figure out how to! I'm usually really good with this kind of stuff...

I sent my coordinator (Eva) a message yesterday... I realized that I had not said we wanted a donor that was under 30 and proven. She got back to me this morning, said she had added those to our preferences, and told me that finding an Oneg donor might be tough... So I let her know it was much less important than age and being proven, as well as that she looks like me or has a higher education (we have quite a few preferences apparently)...

BUT, she let me know that she should be able to give us our donor profile within two weeks! Crazy! I am actually slated to start my bcp this coming week... things are finally getting real!

AMFM- good luck with your tests and clearing up the infection... did you have a diagnosis of unexplained? If so, you may find that clearing up the mycoplasma helps you to get pg naturaly...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to quandry For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Quandry. I am enjoying hearing your excitement as you get closer. I had Eva and she is great. Unfortunately I wasn't successful but we will go back in January and try again. We have two frosties left there. I think Crystal is going again at the same time as you but she is changing to Brno due to immune issues.

Have you been to CZ before? We loved it and can't wait to go back. It's so important to enjoy it as a holiday as much as anything. Are you staying at the clinic? We stayed there a and it was great. Convenient, modern and cheap. But when we go again. We'll stay in Prague and travel to Zlin for treatment because there's not a lot to do in Zlin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, never been! We have definitely turned this into a full holiday, as if we are not successful, we want to remember it as a wonderful time in Europe regardless...

We are staying at the Pension Sokolska. It's about ten minutes away, but has newer rooms, with fridges and a communal kitchen for use as well, which we are excited about! We have rented a car, so going back and forth, or even just travelling around the countryside, is going to be pretty easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Quandry, ,my coordinator is Anastesia and she is lovely too , do u know who your dr. Is going to be ?
    AFM, my story is little different to others who go through IVF and DE programs. My uncle and my brother are both suffering from a mental illness known as schizophrenia , this is unfortunately the worst type of mental illness and can be transferred genetically to next generations. My husbands and I have been married for 2.5 years and have never tried to fall pregnant naturally, as seeing my brother and the life of my parents has been a very sad story for the past few years. Although this is an emotionally and financially challenging journey for us but we are hopping that by choosing this path, we will have healthy kids and a happy family . DE program in Australia is very long and frustrating and therefore we have decided to go to zlin. Given that I have never done an IVF cycle, I'm absolutely clueless about the entire process , however, I'm very thankful for those who share their stories and experiences on this website as it has help me heaps to learn and understand more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure who my dr will be, and to be honest I don't think I have asked, LOL.

I think you and your husband made the right choice. While genetics can play a part, I think love is far more important when it comes to family... I have family whom I wish I wasn't related to, and friends whom I consider sisters!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to quandry For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx dear , yeah I know exactly what you mean about family. Hopefully our IVF process ends up a smooth run for us.

As for zlin, you mentioned that they will give you , your donor profile, is that right ? Can you let me know what sort of information they provide you with ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amfm - as soon as I have it, I will... Not too long now.