Closed Thread
Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No probs Crystal. We might cross paths at the airport! I haven't even started getting my tests together and you're all freaking me out you're so organised!

Tiggy, be careful with your name, it autocorrects to 'Tight'. I'm sure it's a compliment!

How many forms has everyone filled out and sent back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tight, oh dear! Maybe I will sign off as Tig instead.

Ladies, do you think it's too pessimistic to be making PLan B's like Crystal and me? I catch myself doing it and think 'Oh dear will my thoughts affect the outcome and doom things?' then it brings back all the memories of ivf and how my own thoughts used to scare me. I did a lot of 'magic thinking' - it was intense. Not a great way to live long term...

Gee I can't wait to hear from Eva!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice can I ask, what was it like weather-wise in December, in ZLin? Only because we are bringing little DS - do you think we can play outside in January? I really hope so because our DS is very high energy and I hope he can go outside lots!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty May exactly - you put it so well. Exactly!!! Crazy-making stuff. But I am too nervous to think. See below!

I heard from Eva; Can we get these drugs in Aus? Do you have the number of the International Pharmacy? Oh please and thank you!

List of medication needed until first pregnancy test:
    1x Diphereline 3mg (or Decapeptyl depot 3,75mg , Diphereline depot 3,0 mg,
    Lupron depot 3,75mg, Enanton depot)

2x Estrimax 2mg 3x28 (or Estrofem 2mg, Provames 2mg, Progynova 2mg, Climaval 2mg, Estrace 2mg, Estradiol valerate 2mg, ...)

You will start to take these drugs at the day of your egg donor retrieval:
    4x Utrogestan 30x100mg (Utrogestan 100 or 200mg , Prometrium 100 or 200mg)
    1x Prednison 5mg 1x20
    1X Anopyrin (Baby Aspirin)100mg 1x20

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

I got my medication schedule and confirmation that its been booked in so I can make the deposit today So that's it we're official now I am so excited!!!

Sooty, I asked Dr.M if I should expect things to work out this time or prepare myself I could be going back. He told me I had an excellent chance of success but sometimes things are just down to pure bad luck even with the immunity protocol. He said my chances are greater it will work then it not working but I'm just one of those people that need to know both sides of the coin. It drives my DH crazy but its how I cope. I really wish I were one of those ladies that go in with so much hope, the strange thing is though I always have so much hope for everyone around me, its only myself I'm hard on.

Oh and we have a mobile phone we bought in Cape Town, its a very cheap phone but we used it for the clinic to contact us. It has its own number and I believe there's still minutes on it. Would you like me to send it to you? I have no need for it and if you get a BFP maybe just pass it on to someone else. If you do want it just pm me your address and I'll send it off for you

Tiggylig AKA Tight

I don't think having a plan B is pessimistic, I think some ladies can go into a cycle with full hope that it will work and others need to have a safety net and I'm one of those people. I do it with everything in life, I always have a plan B

Kheeki, I'm only organized because I just came off a cycle in July in Cape Town so I knew what they were going to ask for and had it ready.

Are any of you going to use PICSI or the Embryoscope? We're doing PICSI for sure but I'm not sure about the Embryoscope there isn't a price for it on the pricelist.

Alice, do you think when your twins are a few years old that you'd go back and try again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - You can get the depot injection Diphereline from Macquarie Street pharmacy in Sydney - 02 922 11622 - ask for the Pharmacist, I cant remember her name, but she knows all about it. I paid via credit card (was $460.00 approx. including courier fee to Melb, safe to courier, no fridge required) was here within 2 days. I think everything else you should easily be able to get through your local pharmacy via your GP or FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggylig View Post
    Sooty May exactly - you put it so well. Exactly!!! Crazy-making stuff. But I am too nervous to think. See below!

I heard from Eva; Can we get these drugs in Aus? Do you have the number of the International Pharmacy? Oh please and thank you!

List of medication needed until first pregnancy test:
    1x Diphereline 3mg (or Decapeptyl depot 3,75mg , Diphereline depot 3,0 mg,
    Lupron depot 3,75mg, Enanton depot)

2x Estrimax 2mg 3x28 (or Estrofem 2mg, Provames 2mg, Progynova 2mg, Climaval 2mg, Estrace 2mg, Estradiol valerate 2mg, ...)

You will start to take these drugs at the day of your egg donor retrieval:
    4x Utrogestan 30x100mg (Utrogestan 100 or 200mg , Prometrium 100 or 200mg)
    1x Prednison 5mg 1x20
    1X Anopyrin (Baby Aspirin)100mg 1x20

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - thanks for the background on Dr M and reality and your expectations. You sound very sensible

I am going in with eyes wide open too... I read so many one-off success stories and then others that they come back sadly disappointed and then others like 2 recently ladies that returned from SA & Thailand and had a rocky road with embryos developing, one ended up having to use another donor's frozen eggs and GUESS WHAT - BOTH ARE PREGNANT !! So blow me down with a feather... how can you work anything out? It's such a lotto draw... I really believe that, and if I get pregnant I think I will be in so much shock.. and then unfortunately I think I'm going to be really paranoid about a healthy pregnancy & baby... So sad that all these years has taken my joy away from thinking everything will just flow smoothly. I'm hopeful... but I'm also very scared if it doesn't work out.

Thank you for the offer of the phone, that is so nice of you. Its a lovely gesture and I am touched. Theres a phone going around on the SA group too, passed on from BH to BH ... so its a "pay it forward, with phones" - really lovely... maybe something you Czech ladies could start too. I'll PM you.

Have a great day.
    Last edited by sootymay; 18-10-2013 at 05:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty,

No worries, honestly its just sitting on our dresser collecting dust so I'm glad someone can use it and yep as you said pay it forward

That is a great price for the depot injection, I paid $700 from the International Pharmacy by the time shipping was tacked on. I will likely order mine soon I don't need it until December though.

When do you get started with everything? I was terrified when I got to Cape Town my lining wouldn't be any good but it was 12.3 mm so turned out ok. I agree it is like the lottery and I think if everything is lined up properly it works

Tiggylig, what day do you take your injection? I take mine on December 17th

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal I am just organising dates now; it looks like we need to be there for our first appt on the 23rd of Jan. I feel like I am in a dream of nerves and excitement. And maybe our plan B's give us the strength we need to march forward with Plan A. December 17 will be an exciting day for you missy xx

Sooty thank you so very much for the pharmacy details. This thread is proving to be an invaluable support - again, thank you Alice. I am glad you are working hard for this SootyMay, even though it has put you through the wringer. And even though it has taken away the feeling that all will run smoothly, it can kind of work the other way too. So that when you are successful, your joy and pleasure will be a thousand times sweeter. I am someone who believes that 'until it's a happy ending, it's not an ending.' But at the same time I am open to an ending looking very different to that one we might have seen for ourselves. SootyMay I am rooting for you big time.

TIGHT BUTT xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I got off my a@!? And have a virtual with Eva tonight! I'm hoping our dates we gave her are ok.

Thanks everyone for the meds info. I've never been on many meds in any of my cycles so it's daunting.

Who's booked accom and where? I went with Tomosov. My husband liked the look of the fully glassed bathroom for perve factor. Disturbing I know!

As for making Plan Bs. I think they are necessary for our survival. Imagine how much worse the crash of the failed cycle would be without that Plan B. There's no need to think it jeopardises Plan A. It probably helps as it might reduce some stress and pressure to have the back up plan.