Closed Thread
Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi AMFM, I also travelled to the Czech Republic for DE, I went to the Zlin clinic, for me the whole experience was fantastic, I'd previously been to a clinic in Greece and that was shocking compared to zlin. The price list is current and up to date in their website, and it's extremely affordable compared to DE in Australia, you can also get all the meds from the clinic before hand and up until 12 wks which makes things a lot cheaper as well, the only thing you may have to pay for before hand is an ultrasound to check lining before you go but alot don't need this as if your using your partners sperm you will have your U/S at the clinic, you will need to have some tests done before hand (blood/std) etc but most of them are done under Medicare, if your over 45 you will need a mamogram as well, before I left I wasn't put of pocket at all, apart from the meds needed and I used fertility2u to buy my down regulation injection for half the price of what you can get it here for. Once at the clinic I brought enough meds to get me to 12 wks. Some of the clinics in Prague font routinely do 5 day transfers even with DE so make sure you do your research xx
    Last edited by stacey10; 18-04-2014 at 07:38.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey and Alice 248 for your replies. I have been in touch with Anestecia in Zlin and she has been very helpful. However, I would have loved to get more information about the donor they are matching me with. We decided to use donor egg but there is a genetically transferred mental illness in the family. My brother and my uncle were diagnosed with it and so I will need to ensure my donor and her family are free from it. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any straight answer from Ana yet.

With tho regards to injection, I have no idea how to do them? Have you ladies find them painful or difficult ?

Once again thank you very much for your posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The injection isn't painful at all I was surprised as I hate needle and kept on taking it out of the bathroom cupboard and staring at it in horror lol, great thing about zlins protocol is its pretty simple but works well, so you only need the one injection, I got my doctors nurse to do mine, but I'd you have to do it yourself it's easy to do and there are a couple of good short videos on U tube that show you how it's done, as for the info on the donor only basic info is given out, you could put down on your donor priorities form, that there be no such and such type of mental illness in donors family as your number 1 priority, I think if you wanted more details on your donor you would have to head over to America for D/E, most European countries only give out limited info on the donors ....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm just wondering to know, for Australian residence ( more Victorian I'm interested) in a case of o/s embryo transfer using DE resulting in pregnancy and child birth, is there any where, document, form, etc which will ask if conception / pregnancy was through IVF, DE, etc ??
    This is because my husband and I want to keep this only between the 2 of us ( might change mind later on) and I wanted to know if DE IVF will be recorded any where at all.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Probably with your OB if you tell them, and you probably should so they can give you the best care. They may be able to leave it off paperwork if you request it. Otherwise no one else needs to know... perhaps your GP for the same reasons.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx very much Emski
    how are you going ? How is pregnancy ?
    also forgot to ask, do you know anything about how health insurance works with Ivf?
    Last edited by AMFM; 12-05-2014 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi, it's been a bit stressful with some bleeding and I miscarried one of the embryos at 6 weeks. The other one seems to be doing well. 9 weeks today.

Do you mean does private insurance cover any of a DE cycle? No... you can claim a percentage of OOP medical costs on tax (I think it's 20%), and some health funds will give you a rebate on some medications, byt you pay the majority of your cycle yourself.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hear Emski. Crashing in to give some hugs to your angel twin xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

emski72  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, no one knows about our children apart from my OB and their doctor. You don't have to declare it anywhere. Everyone thinks my children are my genetic offspring!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx Alice. That's how we want ours to be ever since I read your thread about zlin ivf clinic , I have been in touch with them and planning to go there for DE cycle early next year. I have been talking to dr. Ondrej Krenek . Who was your dr.? Just trying to determine when to go, I'd like to go in February next year but it might be too cold then, not sure yet !
    i really hope our treatment also results in twins That's would be a dream coming through for us