Closed Thread
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,
    just wanted to say thanks to you all for sharing so much on this thread, it's given us another possible road! In last 12 months we've had four ICSI, two BFP and now two missed miscarriages at 7 weeks. Looks like my ancient eggs are to blame. We knew we had no option for egg donor in Australia or would have done it straight off, and thought OS was a step so far but seeing your journeys has made us think again.
    Just had one question about sperm . My OH has obstructive azoospermia but easily produced lots of sperm with a PESA, does anyone know if is this something could be done at the Czech clinic as well? The Zlin website mentions tissue retrieval but if needle could be used would be better (and much less painful!)
    good luck to everyone!
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Malkitek I am unsure about the PESA but if you email the clinic they are really helpful and get back to you quite quickly.
    I too thought it was going to be impossible to get donor eggs, but the Zlin clinic are so lovely and helpful and you get a holiday at the same time
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malkitek the clinic usually get back to you the same or next day with any questions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all our lovely fellow DE IVF-ers! It's been quiet in here lately so just wanted to pop in and say hello! Life for me has been a tad busy since returning to work 4 days a week! It feels like every week a different member of our household is sick so it's been a busy few weeks lately.
    If anyone out there has any questions please ask away! It gives people something more to chat about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Alice,
    I hope your run of sickness in the family has ended.
    Ive nothing more ask as yet - very focused on our ED trip to Cape Town.
    But thanks for keeping the thread alive - without you and your efforts people like me would be clueless.
    Take care and speak soon.
    Feather

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, I'm trying!

We're just being knocked down like a set of ten pin bowls at the moment. I'm told it's fairly usual for lots of sickies when kids start childcare so we'll just have to ride the wave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kheeki, how did your cycle go in Jan ? Did you have the same experience as Alice? Would you recommend the clinic and agency ?
    To both Alice and Kheeki, I am starting my journey looking for donor egg as of a few months ago, as I am unable to use my eggs for genetic reasons. I must say a few months ago I found the idea of looking for eggs so upsetting as I had no idea that that these agencies are operational outside of Australia and I must thank you ladies for providing public with informations and guidance to general public and those who are taking the same path.
    Alice, can I ask how much information you were given regarding any mental illness in donor or family history ? I'm only so conscious about this because genetically transferred mental illness is what I am trying to get away from ? I really hope that you are still checking this forum . Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    sorry if I'm asking too many question
    can I ask the ladies who have been to the czech repulic clinic recently (in 2014) about the prices? did you find it resonabale compare to here in Australia? would you mind giving me some examples
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by AMFM View Post
    Hi kheeki, how did your cycle go in Jan ? Did you have the same experience as Alice? Would you recommend the clinic and agency ?
    To both Alice and Kheeki, I am starting my journey looking for donor egg as of a few months ago, as I am unable to use my eggs for genetic reasons. I must say a few months ago I found the idea of looking for eggs so upsetting as I had no idea that that these agencies are operational outside of Australia and I must thank you ladies for providing public with informations and guidance to general public and those who are taking the same path.
    Alice, can I ask how much information you were given regarding any mental illness in donor or family history ? I'm only so conscious about this because genetically transferred mental illness is what I am trying to get away from ? I really hope that you are still checking this forum . Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AMFM, what sort of prices were you looking for ? If you mean cycle costs it's about the same as here. Hotels and food were quite cheap we stayed at the hotel attached to the clinic

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AMFM, like Crystal said the prices for a cycle are similar to what you pay in Australia without medicare rebate/safety net etc.
    We always thought of our cycles more like a holiday where we happened to do some IVF too. So I guess that's how we justify the cost, also given that we could do our cycle within 3 months and maintain anonymity - things we couldn't get here in Australia.
    Most of the clinics actually publish their price lists on their websites. Cycles are generally a little more expensive in Prague and then the price goes down a little for clinics outside of the tourist areas - accommodation and food is usually more expensive in touristy areas too so that's something to keep in mind.
    Good luck with your research!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (18-04-2014),Chillout71  (09-01-2015)