Closed Thread
Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they transferred two, and one split into twins.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozby For This Useful Post:

Alice284  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, sorry been mia for so long, i only just received email notification for the thread. I just wanted to add though my FS here in Brisbane was going to put 3 back in when i went through IVf with my own eggs. (although as someone said before i think 1 of hers split).

So I went to Zlin and transferred 2 expanding blasts but unfortunately it ended in a chemical. we do have 1 frosty so we are heading back in April for FET.

I will have to go back through the pages to read all your news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alice when I went to Embio we transferred 3, they were 3 day embryo's but this doctor would transfer 5, they don't have limits as to how many to transfer there, they also transfer that many in Cyprus as well without blinking an eye, a lot of the time they tend to transfer more in older women even with donor eggs to increase the women's chances as even with donor eggs the sticky rate isn't as high as it is in your 30's , if I had wanted to I could have got Zlin to put 3 back in

Thanks
    Reviews

I know my friends surrogate in India had 5 embryos however if all 5 implant they do a selective embryo reduction. Only one implanted and the pregnancy was successful.

I don't know, I think it goes into the ethics mind field and then everyone has their own strong opinion on what is right and not. I don't think I'll go there today!

Debbie, I'm sorry about your chemical. I think someone else is going in April too, you can have a cycle buddy! We went first in April and it was such a lovely time of year. Easter is especially interesting. There was even a little bit of snow on Easter sunday, it melted as it hit the ground, it was very magical!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alice I do know what you mean, I've always thought never transfer more that what your willing or able to carry, although 1 poor lady transferred 2 and got 4, she did selective reduction ( which in itself has huge risks), but for the ladies who have never had a BFP in theirs lives and are heading towards 50 or in cyprus's case there is no age limit a lot of them throw everything but the kitchen sink into them being able to achieve a pregnancy which is understandable given the fact that its still harder to achieve a pregnancy even with d/e once you reach a certain age, I personally wouldn't like being put in that position and considering the risks to the other babies couldn't do it, how could you choose , although I suppose the doctor does that
    To everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Alice, I will have to go back and check to see who else is going in April. We are leaving here on the Thursday before Easter so it will be great i'm sure. We did get to see snow on our last trip, which my 6 year old was thrilled about. It started snowing the afternoon of my transfer. This trip it will just be myself and DH going. So that will be nice we haven't been away form our son for more than a weekend here and there. We have our transfer booked for the 22nd April. I'm off to see my old FS tomorrow as i want to get checked for everything before i go back. NK Cells etc. As none of this testing has been done before. I think they just assumed it was age, but now after using 24 year old eggs and the same thing happening I just need to be sure. As this is our last trip and so if it doesn't work at least i know i've tried everything.
    Hope everyone else is keeping well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope this is the one for you Debbie!
    We were much the same, we were told 'yep DE will work' and then when we had good embryos and it still didn't work they decided to take a better look at my lining and I had this test done, that I can't for the life of me recall the name of, but they scraped some cells from the lining and found I had some cells in there (not NK cells or bacteria etc that intralipids would fix) but some other kind of cells which were then neutralised through a lipiodol flush.
    After that we went back and were successful. I hope it will be the same for you!

Stacey, couldn't agree more. If you don't want 5 to come out, don't put 5 in and know your limits. I too am not down on selective reduction, I'm no doctor but I just feel like you do, it can't be good for the remaining embryos to have that tampering going on in their environment. But then yes, you would throw everything and the kitchen sink at trying to have a baby, I know we did which is how we ended up with twins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thanks SootyMay for asking after me! Unfortunately our Czech cycle was unsuccessful. We had 2 great looking embies transferred and we have 2 frosties. The trip over there was amazing though and I can"t wait to go back. I'll read back over everyone's news.

We're not sure yet but we probably won't go back until January next year. We'll probably do another full cycle. Then, if we're unsuccessful we might look at surrogacy but we want to try donor again before going down that path.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki - thanks for your news, as terribly sad as it is. I know that feeling only too well. I'm glad you had a great time and are able to go back again and its good news that you have some frozen if you need them. I only say that, as we don't have any & if we had it would be soooo much cheaper. Though I guess depending on how many frozen's you have, its still a gamble & as you mentioned you may do a full cycle - that's probably a wise idea.

HI to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, so sorry to hear your cycle didn't work, but really good your able to go back and do another full cycle.

Hi to everyone else