Closed Thread
Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Kheeki; 22-01-2014 at 09:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand and appreciate your decision. We too based a lot of it on how long people took to communicate with us.

There are lots of people out there who do appreciate being given the option to have an airport transfer when they are travelling somewhere new and maybe be a bit anxious about what the future holds. Personally I found it took the stress out of our trip.
    I'm personally not of a fan of medical establishments so we chose not to stay at Hotel Tomasov (the hotel at the clinic) but stayed across town at a B&B. We walked around and walked to the clinic and back and that worked for us.

I just have to ask, were you looking through a place like IVF Traveller or one of those companies? My recommendation is to strongly not use a third party company to coordinate a trip, it's a waste of money as you can do it all yourself.

I think that if you are going to a non-English speaking country to do donor egg IVF, it's pretty scary, and if there's not some part of you that's not even a little scared then there's something wrong. A bit of hand-holding in this situation is never a bad thing and some people need that little bit of support whilst others need less and some need more. It's up to the individual how independent they want to be. Which ties into what I think you're looking at in making your choice. Independence!

When you make your decision it'd be great to hear where and how you go. We are a CZ forum and with lots of seasoned CZ travellers (I've been there 3 times now!) if you have any general questions I'm sure we can answer them! Or attempt to! Also it'd be great for future cyclers who would prefer to go to Prague or Brno to know how you get along. It's always nice for Australian's to read about Australian experiences!

All the best
    Last edited by Alice284; 21-01-2014 at 17:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apple.. I agree with both comments above and yours as well. I think it would be very valuable for you to share your experiences on where you end up going and how you find it... especially for others reading along and the girls on here, that may want another option too... particularly so as you've asked for help from the CZ girls who have been so welcoming and helpful with everything, so would be nice to give back and share how you get on. It also means if anyone else wants more info, there's another option and they could contact you Its difficult to come across others to talk to on this overseas ED process and forums like this are priceless. Good luck, am looking forward to how you get on!!

Tiggy / Crystal - looking forward to updates as you progress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just so excited for you all to arrive! I'm hoping tomorrow when I wake up (and go to work for the first time since April last year!!) there'll be some good news. No snow yet, just cold but cold is easy! Rug up ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is snow now

Kheeki, we took the train to the clinic yesterday and it was a bloody nightmare. It broke down for 3 hours !!! Also when we went to buy the ticket they had no one that could explain we needed to switch trains along the way. We tried to ask the ticket lady on the train and she spoke no English by luck an old man spoke a tiny bit of broken English and he finally told us where to switch etc.

the problem is that the tickets are written in Czech and all announcements besides the generic ones are in Czech so it is not easy to navigate. Be very mindful of transfers etc.

The car service to the train station that Stacey recommended was spot on, he wa great and our flight was a few hours late so all good

Can't wit to get things underway this morning!!!

also for the not wanting to stay at the IVF clinic, the rooms are gorgeous here and I do like the convenience of not having to rug up to come to the appointments. We can come and go as we please and it is just simpler for us.

We are seasoned travellers as well but just preferred to have our IVF cycle to be stress free. At the end of the day we are here for our cycle, the cZech Republic in January would not have been on my list of priorities to visit.

My opinion only

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am both startled by, and greatly disappointed in, the response to my recent post.

Please know I have been nothing but grateful for all of your advice, and hopefully expressed this over and over.

Never would I set out to offend.

I was speaking on my own behalf. Nothing was meant as a critique of others. Simply, that's not how I operate. I share my own opinions and respect those of others.

I understood this was a forum to share our journeys, as different as they may be. Differences make us the special people that we all are.

Clearly I am learning about this process as I go along, and came here to learn from your expert advice, humbly - never to offend.

I am also approaching this process in my own way - which means lots of research, which comforts me. I recognise this, too, is not for everyone.

I wish all of you the very best in your journey, including good health and much happiness as you travel along the road to what's next.

May you achieve all of your dreams.

Kindest regards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Apple I was really saddened to read your post, I went back and read what I wrote and can't understand how it could make someone upset. I'm really sorry if it did.
    Like both Sooty and I said, everyone is different and the different experiences and perspectives are great to have as reference for people who may need to consider this path in the future.
    I think some people may have been a little upset that you gave some negative feedback about the clinic they are about to cycle at, I'm sure if the tables were turned you'd be upset about that too.
    I'm sorry if you feel you have to leave but we'd love to have you to chat about all things Czech!

Crystal, yay you are there!!! That sucks about the trains, how stressful but you figured it out and you've arrived safe and sound which is great! And snow! How magical. Is your room looking into the forest or over the town? How exciting!!! I'm looking forward to your and Tiggy's adventures over the next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - woo Hoo! So excited you are there but sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I thought the rooms would be lovely which is why we picked Tomasov. How much snow are we talking about? When is your first appointment? Any tips on making the train trip easier? The one we are getting is direct, no change of train.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Apple, so sorry if I have offended. I know how that feels, I really do, as I've felt like that before to some of my posts and opinions in the past before as well. Its such a sensitive subject, and when I first joined the SA forum.. I was terrified of this sort of thing happening, and how would others take me etc. We're so vulnerable already and I didn't want to offend, or be offended. There was one time, and one time only thank goodness! where I felt like you (I wasn't brave enough to say so though) and I cried for a few days.. it really freaked me out that I was so affected by someone's opinion, I thought gosh, I have so much already going on and then to feel like that from a forum I was seeking support from, worried me. I backed away for awhile and then came back.

It is a wealth of support and information and we would love to keep in touch, even if you pop in here and there. Having said that, some girls once they are pregnant, that is it and off they go, on with life.. finally - yay !!
    I've even wondered myself if that will or wont happen once I finally get BFP WE are all different. I just hope you can share your experience for others.. I'm not planning on CZ (well I don't think so!!) it was huge enough going to SA for treatment... mind you even doing ED in Australia would have been huge But for couples that are thinking of CZ, it will be helpful for them I am sure.

I do tend to agree with Alice, that it may be insensitive to some that are about to cycle there.... you know why I know that.. because I have my own concerns about my own clinic and some of the agencies in SA, and as open as I am, I don't share them online too much - some things I do, but not everything, as I just know that I would possibly get knocked down for it My reasoning has been, that if anyone reads between the lines or values my opinion enough on little things I have said online, they will PM to ask me more.

I have done that myself with various issues, and found out more, by others been honest with me privately where it wont upset others that may have that Doctor, or that immune protocol etc.

Sorry, I'm sounding like I'm ranting now... just wanted to say, I didn't mean it personally either, just hope you don't run away and hide, as we can all help each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies!!!!! Omg hellooooo I am here!!!! Crystal you might have had a bad time on the train but we had hell on the roads too. I cannot tell you how full on it has been.a couple of accidents on the road made the trip reallly long, SIX HOURs! We are totally jet lagged and wreecked and the good news is the clinic was great and /it just feels wonderful. Eva is so wonderful I nesrly said can you be my donor. It is hard to write on this iPad. But ladies I am here xxxxx
    crystal I hope I see you xxxxx more later xxxxx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (22-01-2014),sootymay  (24-01-2014)