Closed Thread
Page 60 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I get your thoughts ladies? I'm thinking that the US over here is a waste of money. I can't get it until Saturday so they won't get the results till Monday, and I will be in Zlin on Tuesday where I could have it done then? And then it's a week until transfer so if there's a problem there would still be time to do something. What do you think? I haven't had any issues with lining in the past but I know this is different because it's medically controlled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki I got my results at the scan. Just tell them you need the lining number and the person will give it to you. You won't have a week to build on your lining remember you will start progesterone on egg collection 5 days before transfer!!

Honestly I would do the scan so if anything has to be adjusted it can be

How are you doing otherwise, are you getting. Everything ready to go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both times I went I only ever had my scan in Zlin and never encountered any problems. If they do find one they will adjust your medication though. I'm going to be really unhelpful and say it's up to you!
    They do usually tell you the results of an US straight away, just make sure they give you the correct measurement and in the correct units otherwise things get confusing so make sure you know exactly what to ask for.

ETA: I just thought you still have to get the results to the clinic so by the time you get word back from them you might already be on your way!
    Last edited by Alice284; 20-01-2014 at 11:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, I'm not sure why the need to have the scan in Australia but it is asked to be completed there now. I got an email from Eva just telling me things were looking great and stay on the same dose. Seemed like a waste but I also had my ovaries scanned and kidneys as well..lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Applepie... I think its great you're doing all the research, but know how it feels too, when sometimes you feel like you are going around in circles trying to figure it all out... gosh - wait till you have to choose a donor!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're anything like me, the first time was so hard, took weeks and weeks, I very nearly crumbled, as I just wanted to choose and move on! Just like you needing to find the right place for you. Have you checked out the SA forum - or will that complicate matters more?! Good luck... you'll make a decision soon.

Tiggy - you're probably still in the sky somewhere!! You'll be ok - I wouldn't over think it, you have to get pregnant first and by then you'll have a whole new set of thoughts and you'll be over the moon that this journey is finally over and you can move on, and so filled with joy at a little one finally on it's way. It is a big thing, and I can be driving home from work with the music up loud and have emotional moments too (before I went the first time) by the time I left, I was so wired on Dex, I wasn't my normal self anyway. What a journey - enjoy

Hi to everyone else. Loved your post Alice and yours Crystal, re. your daughter been different from you in her approach to school etc. It is so true, all kids are different - even though my sister and I look alike, we are quite different in nature. You just don't know what's going to come out of the mix, personality or in looks. DH's 3 children are all very different from each other as well and from their parents in some ways too. So who knows, part of the excitement !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I have booked one for Friday so hopefully if there's a problem I will know before we leave Monday. I figure with all the money we are spending it is better to be safe and like you say Crystal, I'll be on the progesterone fairly soon after arriving so the lining needs to be on track.

Hope everyone is well. I'm ready to go but still got a week! Tiggy must nearly be there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, good plan I 'm not sure what has changed since Alice has been over. The only thing I can think of is maybe a few ladies had lining problems to contend with so they prefer the scan earlier now? Not sure but when I went to SA I didn't 't require one before I left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is Tiggy catching the train to Zlin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Better to be safe than sorry! Good move Kheeki!

I would never have made my mind up about a donor, my hat goes off to all you SA ladies, it'd be such a hard decision although in some ways I think if you find the one, you know! (like finding the person you're going to marry!). After the difficulty choosing a clinic I was kind of relieved to not worry about that part.

I believe that the lovely people from Uno are picking Tiggy up from the airport but she'll be a few more days.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you

Alice284 - great info, and perhaps I am overthinking it. Loved your list of things stats don't show, thanks!

We've narrowed it down and made a decision based on the advanced technologies offered, certifications, medical staff and stats. We had productive, professional convos and emails with Reprofit, and Gennet has also been world-class thus far.

Zlin has been taking took too long to get back to us, so we moved them off the list. That clinic also seems to be a bit about hand-holding and the total experience, which is really not our thing - we don't need accommodation or travel arranged, as we are independent and seasoned travellers, and plan to make this a vacay in addition to medical tourism. My partner actually cringed at the idea of being picked up at an airport and taken to stay in a hotel attached to the clinic, and I agreed with him. We're happier doing our own thing. So while this may be a desirable trait for some, it's not what we'd seek.

Everyone, I thank you for your advice and will bow out for now. I am so grateful. I wish you all lots of luck and lots of wee ones conceived!