Closed Thread
Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggylig you are right!!!Anything that can help we should do so we'll stay the extra day do you know when in Jan your going ?

Alice, my hubby sits at a desk all day, he works at DEECD so nothing to strenuous I can assure you He would be fine for work on Mon so I think we will stay the extra day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice that is very cute and thoughtful that you checked if he is a forklift driver. And serious too. Those forklifts can be dangerous! Do you teach high school or primary?

Crystal, good that hubby is at a desk, even if he is tired he will cope. And I am glad you are going for the 5 days; this is one time when I would say let's play by every single rule in the book.

Hi Kheeki! You have a quirky name Kheeki. Today I asked Eva if we could be there on the 22nd of Jan. Plus I sent photos of myself. What a journey, hey? Are you scratching yourselves ladies, and thinking, I never dreamed this would be my path...

Wow, I never imagined that I would meet other Aussies in Zlin. I am sorry you had a bit of a disappointing experience at MIVF, Kheeki, hopefully your next one will be much much better.

we still have a long wait, us January ladies - or does it seem like a short one? (that's if Eva can find a place for me in Jan!)

Tiggylig xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - thanks for the reassurance, that does make me feel a tad better. I ended up ordering from Macquarie Street Pharmacy in Sydney which ended up been cheaper than the International Pharmacy. I searched high & low here in Melbourne, including Epworth Private Hospitals pharmacy which has all the IVF meds, but to no avail. One of the ladies here put me onto Macquarie Street.

I got the Tritorelin in a "Diphereline" brand (3.75mg) - me been me, I double checked that brand with Dr Heylen to be sure... just incase !

[QUOTE=crystal4431;7461856]Sooty, I swear that needle looks so so much worse then it is. It did not hurt at all, did you end up getting Triptorlin depot or Prostap from the international pharmacy? I got Prostap for my cycle in SA but the only one my doctor could write a script for here was Triptorelin depot for this cycle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggylig - I think I posted the exact same question or PM'ed it I think to a few Mums to be of twins, as I was curious to how they decided to transfer 2 and how they felt now pregnant with twin. I feel the same and haven't wanted to offend, especially if someone is pregnant with twins, but I reckon once you got your head around it once it happened, the joy would possibly outweigh the fear ?!! Mmmmh...

We are still deciding too. Obviously like just about everyone else, we want to maximise our chances. It was interesting as my FS in Cape Town said :

·The success rate with two embryos is 65%, of all these pregnancies 1 out of 4 is a twin.
    ·The success rate with a single embryo transfer is 45%.

Interesting isn't it. I would be gutted if we only put 1 in and it didn't work, yet if we transfer 2 and it doesn't work, I will still be upset, but I think I would accept it a little more knowing that we had tried our best by putting in 2, if that makes sense. A girlfriend in Sydney said all her friends transferred 2 (she's 48) and out of all of them, she is the only 1 that is carrying twins.... still - I guess my thing is coping for the first 1-3 years and then the higher risks of premmy babies & to the Mothers health (sorry girls) but you know what they are like in our IVF clinics... we had to sign a wavier at Monash.
    Last edited by sootymay; 25-09-2013 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sooty

If we transferred 2 at home we would have had to sign a waiver too. Having said that, it's soooooo much easier to do another cycle or get your frozen embryos when you don't have to pay full price and fly to the other side of the world, so it makes sense transferring 1 at home.

The only complication I ended up with was pre-eclampsia however I was 29 and fit and healthy - one of the reasons we thought we'd be ok with me carrying two. Oh and I also had Hyperemesis (severe morning sickness). That wasn't very nice and I ended up in hospital for a day however that was just a blip on the radar, I nearly forgot it even happened! Another IVF twin Mum under 30 I know also got PE. Having said that plenty of people with singletons get it too!

DH and I have no other children so don't know any different but we are managing pretty well. Our twins are on a 4ish hour routine and you just need to be a bit brutal. Even if one or both are asleep we wake them to feed them at the designated time. We are on formula which makes it easier as through the night we do a feed together at about 8:30pm then DH goes to bed. I stay up and do a solo feed at midnight then go to bed. DH gets up for a 5am solo feed then goes to work and then I wake up for a 9am. We each get a great 7-8 hours of solid sleep each night. Routine seems to be the key!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, I totally missed your post yesterday I am so sorry, you will be flying in and I'll be flying out :thumbup: we're set to leave on Jan 28th so we may meet in passing

Alice, I had preeclampsia with both of my pregnancies as well. I was told that it is common in first pregnancies and second pregnancies are usually fine. I had my blood pressure rise in the pregnancy I carried to 13 weeks last year as well, so I am currently on blood pressure meds to keep down. However I have since found out that it is common with a MTHFR gene mutation so hopefully with treatment this time things will be different I have asked about having two put back and my blood pressure and the doctors have said with treatment everything should be fine even with two put back. I'm on the fence about that but thankfully I have older kids so I wouldn't be looking after a little ones as well. I prefer to have one baby but as Tiggylig said its a long way to travel and not put 2 back.

Tiggylig, we'll be arriving close to the same time Didn't you get a virtual visit form yet? I got one when Eva sent through the other documents like donor preferences etc. Maybe just email her and let her know that you need it. I am still waiting to find out how to make my deposit for the cycle, I've emailed today to ask her if they would like the deposit. I won't book flights until I make a deposit

Sooty, that's where I'm getting my depot injection as well One of the girls mentioned it on the SA thread, how long did it take for it to arrive? Are you getting excited?

When I got my BFN in July I have to say January felt eons away but now it seems to be coming quick..lol. I think Christmas will make time pass really quick thankfully We've been told by Dr.M that it may or may not happen this first time there's no guarantees so I hope we get a few frosties as I can go back by myself for those. DH will also leave a sample so I could fly back on my own and stay a few days. It isn't ideal but if that's what we had to do then we would. I'm a need a plan B kind of girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal you are so speaking my language re leaving sperm etc. I will go back too if I have to. Eeeeeeekkkk let's hold hands!

I have sent everything to Eva and now I am waiting nervously. What is the 'depot injection' you ladies keep talking about? Will my FS know here in Melb? Can I get it? Is it anything to do with trains? Joking!!!!

Sooty May lets freak out totally if we get pg with twins and then kind of squeal with delight - or a mix of fear and delight. DOuble the joy double the tiredness double the blessing and double the housework and double the love. Aaaaarrrggh when will Eva get back to me it has been at least TWENTY FOUR HOURS!!! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggylig, the depot injection is what you'll get to turn your ovaries off so the estrogen can be used to build your lining and your own cycle won't be interfering I got my script from my GP without a problem, the only thing he could find was Triporelin 3.75 which is what sooty was talking about. It is impossible to find in Melbourne so you will likely have to order it from a chemist in Sydney. Let us know when you get ready to order it and we have the phone number and address.

Its normally used for men with prostate cancer or for women with endo and other problems.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggylig - that is funny !!!! YES YES YES... lets do that if we have twins... god help me, I may have to move in with you... I think my DH is going to flip out if that happens... I told him, I can always go and live up in Brisbane for 6 months till I get the hang of it, with my Dads wife, who ADORES babies....!! ha ha...

The depot injection - is to stop you ovulating (I think!!) now that I've got all the meds, they are kind of just sitting there waiting till 18 Oct when I start to take all the extra goodies.. just on the pill at the mo to sync cycles. There was an option of the nasal spray or a selection of daily injections, or the one off depot injection (yes the train station!!) - I opted for that as I have enough on my plate without remembering more things to take, as it is I will be taking a smorgasbord of meds with the NK Cell treatment.

Crystal - it took 2 days to arrive - they were SUPER efficient. Why did Dr M say it may not work the first time? Is it kind of trial and error with treatment for your NK Cell diagnosis?

We will be leaving sperm too, so I can go back on my own if required... however DH doesn't probably know that I am going to find a way come hell or high water to make this happen... I hope it does happen this time, as it is putting even more of an unspoken pressure on our relationship and finances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeek, thanks for letting me know about the train station treatment. Surely my doc will know about the equivalent here...no problem either way, I will let you guys know and get the Sydney train station details (you can see I am really going to MILK) this joke and Sooty May MILK is what we are going to need plenty of if it's double trouble.

I really hope 15 weeks is enough notice for Eva to organise me a January place. She said in her letter that the clinic could organise it pretty quickly.
    xxx Babydust and all that ladies xxx
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 26-09-2013 at 16:11.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (26-09-2013)