Closed Thread
Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty , I have the paperwork where CFC told us to expel 3-5 days before egg collection. Maybe Dr.H didn't give instructions properly for you

Here's another little fact to add to the sperm talk We were told that a young egg will make up for not so great sperm or not make up for it but will pick up the slack so to speak.

Have you looked into PICSI?

We're in Abu Dhabi and I can say I'd rather be anywhere but here. It is sooo busy and they do not have enough seating etc . I think because it's first thing in the morning as well. We'll be in Prague at 1:45 this afternoon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhhhh Crystal, you're probably in Prague now!!!! I'm so incredibly excited and happy for you, can you believe it only feels like yesterday we started talking about this and now it's here! Great news about your scan!!!
    I watched something about Czesky Krumlov yesterday and it made me want to go back there so much!

What I was going to say was that are you sure my Mum didn't hack your account, she's the only one I know who'd call me malice!

I hope everyone is ok with these fires raging. It's so terrible so please stay safe ladies!

Tiggy, that's great news from Uno about the car! Martin is so lovely as are his Mum, Hana and Dad, Chesmir. I remember Martin driving us to the train one day and I'm not really sure he knew that much about Australia or had really met any Australians. He asked if we had trains in Australia?
    Then he informed us he'd watched a tv show about Australia, Underbelly!
    God only knows what he thought of us if that's all he knew about Australia and Australians! I felt like buying him a Lonely Planet 'Australia' from the book shop or something. We made sure we were extra polite and friendly so he didn't think we'd kill him!
    Chesmir cooks a great breakfast but sometimes I found his scrambled eggs a little too buttery. I got a little heartburn but didn't know if it was stress or not. Got some chewable Mylanta from the pharmacy and that helped. I switched to boiled eggs and that helped too!
    They also like to be paid in cash at the end of your stay.

If anyone gets Paul as their driver, he is soooo lovely!

Stay safe everyone! and all the best!!!

and yes Sooty, it's sooooooooo annoying, especially at 3am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Crystal, I'm assuming your daughter finds out about her uni offer soon, I hope she gets what she wants!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, all good with today's scan.

And finally the heat wave coming to an end. I cannot describe how full on it has been. I have been living in playcentres like a refugee. I am whacked, relieved and a lot wiser about what I need to get in place for the future. There is still a fire burning not too far from home, but it is within containment lines and things are okay in our area. Oh those poor brave fire-fighters. What a time. And so soon after moving in, and so close to Europe. I hope I can recover by Sunday, cos that's when we leave!

Sooty I think if the sperm made emrbyos it's okay. YOu are testing everything anyway, and you have plenty of time to sort everything out before April. I think I will tell DH to ..to...oh you know!! A couple of days before!

Alice, Martin sounded so nice. I am really excited. Feels pretty strange nobody knowing where we are except you guys! Not even Mum! I am so looking forward to a cooler weekend.

Crystal O.M.G I can't believe you are there. I wonder if we shall meet! How can we not...thinking of you xx hope the flight was okay!

Tiggy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - great news on the scan. And yes what a relief to feel a cool breeze. I was wondering whether anyone is telling people where you are going? I have told mum. And DH has told his parents, against my better judgement because his mum can't keep a confidence. Like you say Tiggy, it's strange not letting others know. It will be so difficult pretending that we've been on holiday somewhere else. We've told people we're going camping. But we're going to Europe for gods sake! Europe!

Eagerly awaiting news from Crystal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Camping! I love it Kheeki, that's good...I feel a bit anxious because literally noone knows our travel details. I was just thinking...you guys know them. Alice you know me on our our FB group. Hmmm...any ideas ladies about how (and okay this won't happen) but how I can get these details to a personal contact should something go awry? Should I give a personal contact to you Alice? Or is that ridiculous? I am just sitting here thinking as I write so excuse me if it seems crazy...hmmm I have wracked my brain and there is simply noone I feel okay about telling at this stage. When I was doing IVF a few years ago I would say to Mum all the time 'I've got a PLan B I've got a PLan B, it's ZLIN!' so if I told her I was going to CZ she might put two and two together. And she is hopeless, like your MIL Kheeki, about keeping a confidence. The world would know in twenty minutes plus photos. I will keep thinking...

I was really happy with the scan result! And if this makes anyone feel better, I asked our doc (and his nurses call him 'God of IVf' - I'm not kidding) if i mattered if you moved around/caught planes/lifted bags if it made any difference, and he said NO!! Music to my ears!

I wonder how Crystal is...I just found out Eva is away and Ivona is answering her emails. Eva's auto reply says she is back Thursday, but I wasn't sure, with the time difference, if that means today or next week. Ivona seems great too though!

Hope everyone is feeling the cool relief! Alice, is Adelaide still there? Hugs, from Tiggy xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - in terms of not telling anyone I completely understand. My mum knows the whole deal but my In-laws have only been told we are doing IVF in Europe because it's cheaper (they won't know the difference). I wasn't comfortable to share with them that we are doing donor, they don't even know we did IVF cycles here. I would prefer they know nothing and I told DH to tell them I don't wish to discuss it!

I think you'll be fine not telling anyone and if there are any concerns when you're there, just FB us and we'll be onto it! Maybe send us on FB or one of our emails, your flight itinerary so we know approximately when we should be hearing from you?

I haven't had any emails to the clinic responded to but I read it that Eva was back Thursday just gone.

What time do you leave tomorrow?

Go Crystal!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Just a thought ladies, you can log your details with the government Smart Traveller.com.au site as well. All the best for your upcoming cycles!
    Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just what I was about to say Em, thank you! You can put some emergency contacts in there from memory.
    Other than that I'm more than happy to be a contact. If you send me a message on Facebook we can sort out details.

Kheeki, camping in Europe!? Does anyone really need to know where!

The first time we went we "got a super cheap airfare" (true),

"did some touristy things" (photos of you in tourist places help, check! - True)

For most people this was enough, cheap airfare, fun holiday but for people who just wouldn't quit with the questions (and there's lots of nosey people where I work) we rolled this out...
    saw some friends we'd made whilst travelling a few years ago who'd moved to Bruno in the Czech Republic (he's Czech she's British)- I even threw some Czech phrases in there for authenticity, he's a university lecturer in some engineering thing I don't understand and stop listening everytime he talks about it but DH gets it ( so imaginary friends with believable back story, 100% fake).

When we went to Europe twice in a year the second time I didn't tell people until the day before and said we were going to the UK as DH's Gran was very, very ill. Indeed we did go to visits grandparents they just weren't as sick as we'd said.

Both of our parents knew what we were doing as did one of my close friends.

It's not too late to whip out an 'Just got the most awesome insane deal on an airfare, escaping this heat and heading to Europe. A bit last minute, no concrete plans, we'll just go where we feel like!'
    If you do that, I recommend taking lots of pictures in tourist places but only very slowly releasing them. 'meet some new friends' and what not!
    We had lots of pictures from us in the UK that we slowly trickled out when we went to Zlin and no body was none the wiser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, the heat, ugggghhhhhh

I got some kind of throat infection cold/flu and was running a fever during a heat wave! I still have a gluggy head cold, it's horrible.
    Between Thursday 9am and Friday 9pm I'd had 3 hrs sleep, not fun. I just couldn't breathe!
    The kidlets seem to be ok as I tried to stay away from them as much as possible.

It's funny because there were a few of my friends who were at this wedding last Saturday who also felt not that great too so there must have been something going around!