Closed Thread
Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Tiggy, completely ignorant. Unless you have been in a situation where your only option to have a family is via donation and anonymous donation is so much easier, then really you have no right to comment.

Yep, I have no medical history for one side of my children's genetic background however if you think about it for most adults today they really only have one to two generations back of medical history. I could get breast cancer with no known family history. Although what I think that person is getting at is that I'm not my kids 'real' Mum. Well, have I got news for them!

They obviously aren't familiar with the study of epigenetics and how much influence pregnancy and lifestyle can have on a child and their health. I'm not denying my children the chance to know their 'real' Mum because I AM their real Mum, without me they wouldn't even be here. They are very loved and very wanted and will never be lied to to.

Sometimes Kheeki religious groups bother me with their extreme ignorant views on various topics. Don't get me started on gay marriage! I recently had a very Christian friend tell me smacking was a great form of discipline and kids who aren't smacked lack discipline and that the art to a good smack was all about practicing how to do it properly. Hmmmm. If it doesn't effect people then it should be none of their business!

And on the weather, 46!!!!!!! !@#$$##@*&^%$# The aircon has dried out my throat and now I sound like I've smoked a pack a day since birth, however unlike smokers, at least my voice will go back to normal!

Lots of lightning today, lots and lots so lots of fires around the place. Hope everyone is safe and smart!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, I think you hit the nail on the head..that poster was looking at it from the standpoint her egg her biological child = real mum and that isn't the way it is. It was ignorant and uneducated, let's hope she never needs egg donation herself.

Hope everyone is well I have some last minute things to do today and tomorrow and then we're set to leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello sweet Crystal, you are the first of the trio to go and I am wishing you all the luck in the world. Have a safe flight, dear girl, see you very soon. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have actually had a hell twenty four hours with fires - it's been very full on. Plus I found somewhere along the line I took an extra estrogen pill, oh dear.

Also, weirdly, no word from Uno re transport. I will call them now.

Speak soon all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - been thinking of you knowing where you are and where the fires are. The next 2 days could be hellish so stay busy and cool and if you can out of the house. Extra tablet should be fine. I'm sure Uno are planning to pick you up. They just haven't told you! Worst case scenario, the train option looks really easy.

No air con here guys. Dying and sleep deprived and supposedly 44 degrees tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy, thank you so much!!!! Our flight leaves tonight at 11:05 pm I agree with Kheeki, try to stay cool and try not to worry although that is difficult. We had a lot of lightning last night and I was just hoping it didn't start fires anywhere. An extra estrogen will not matter, No worries!!

Kheeki, you poor woman!!!! Your house must be boiling And sleeping must be impossible!!

Malice, how are your little ones handling the heat? I imagine it would be difficult to do things in this heat with little ones

I have my scan at 8:30 so I'll pop on afterward and let you know how I got on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal! You will be scanning in an hour - wishing you luck. We will be thinking of you.

The good news is I called Penzion Uno and Martin has answered all my emails but they haven't arrived in my inbox. There is currently no problem with the roads!!! So ladies, all transport fine, road works stopped for the moment. OMG ladies I nearly shrieked with excitement speaking with Martin in CZ. CZ is real!!!! It's there, not just a dream, OMG it was great. Martin chuckled when I was sounding so excited. He must think 'Ah the Aussies, so darn excited about everything, don't they know about the GFCCCCCCC!'

Onto the subject of fires - OMG talk about an introduction into the reality of what living here is going to mean. They have been very very close, and we won't stay for a couple of nights. I thought there would be a build up, not just the first 43 degree day and slam dunk get the kid out of child care there's a fire up the road. Adrenalin has been coursing through me since then, oh please don't tell me adrenalin affects estrogen or I will really freak.

I am fast getting to know my neighbours, my options, my needs etc. Only two more days to go. Hotel maybe Friday night. Thank goodness it cools down for the weekend and I can pack. I bought DS his own suitcase - he is delighted.

Kheeki our air con evaporative and moody. Sorry to hear you are cooking. DH worried that the heat will effect 'his boys'. Soooo funny, your auto-correct turned, 'Alice' into 'Malice'. I wondered, who on earth is awful Malice? he...heeee

Miss alice not malice the heat in Adelaide!!! Hang in, it's going to break soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just another quick fly-by, dont forget to swap some euro's into czech money at the airport, I forgot to tell Debbie and the taxi driver from the train station wanted czech and they only had euro's, I just thought she would realise SO ladies dont forget to have czech dollars on you, alot of places in Prague take euro's but not zlin as its a small town, the hotel does of course !! , so change euro's into czech at the airport
    Crystal I'm sure you will bump into Debbie when your there, she has her transfer next Tuesday, and is leaving for a few days in the uk on Thursday morning, (tomorrow) there time
    Tiggy take care with the fires I'm so excited for all of you that are going, remember on top of it all to have fun and try and relax and ENJOY the whole experience xxxx
    Those of you who have Ivona, dont forget to say HI to her from ME xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick hi girls, had my scan and my lining is 13.3 mm so perfect for the cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant news, you must be pleased. Ready to roll lady xxx