Closed Thread
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just zipping in to wish everyone good luck with up their coming cycles, Debbie leave tonight !! Its bringing all my wonderful memories back as it was only 3 months ago that I was there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, thank you I hope we both fare better in our cycles this time!!

Tiggy, DH has been complaining he's not feeling well and just keep hoping he's not getting sick!! What day do you leave?

Kheeki, I too noticed no snow on the webcam I'm ok with no snow, it's easier for travelling

Debbie, GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, Alice and Kheeki for the flight tips! Much appreciated. Good luck to those travelling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stacey, so nice to hear from you, I hope everything is going really well.

Yep Tiggy, I hate the heat. 30 is my maximum. It's like my body shuts down with anything hotter, and yes, hot weather = bush fires and where I live summer = snakes, we have lots of brown snakes. I hate snakes, they creep me out!

Kheeki and Crystal, no snow is probably a good thing right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey, for your good wishes. It's nice to think that your memories are all good - very encouraging. I feel so happy and excited about our donor.

Alice we have brown snakes as well, and we have to get out on the really bad days. But even though this week is very hot in Melbourne, the winds aren't the catastrophic variety, so I feel a lot less stressed than I might have been. This will be our first fire season, so I am really aware. Since Black Saturday, everyone is. My memories of Black Saturday are all IVF. I didn't notice the heat; I was too busy despairing, too drugged up and self-involved and traumatized by a bunch of bad results. But now I am all too aware. But living here is worth it. We just have to stick to our plan. I know Adelaide gets really hot as well. I have family there - I love Adelaide!

I am feeling a lot better on the estrogen. Can I ask a personal question of you ladies - should we be resuming 'relations' with our DH"s? I mean, I sort of stopped on the depot injection, cos the time I did it, it hurt and felt wrong. But maybe it's time...any thoughts? Sorry if too personal!! AS soon as I am on hormones or going through treatments I tend to shut down a bit, and maybe that's not good or necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, I do like summer but not stinking hot like this week, it's just too hot to do anything at all.

Tiggy, I didn't feel like having sex while on prostap it is a real mood killer!! However we do now, I have no idea what the clinic suggests but my RI doctor suggests no sex from transfer to pregnancy test. So we try to keep things normal where we can.

I had had to wash our sweaters and jackets to freshen them up and whoa it was to hot to be hanging winter washing out in those temps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did anyone else read this post I have pasted below?:

'A little off topic but I think anonymous donation are worse in that they negate the rights of the children to know their biological history...There are a lot of associations fighting for the rights of children issued of anonymous sperm/egg donation...I believe France is one of the only countries to allow them (Prob not for long)?'

Ignorant people. Someone replied to it and said actually, Australia is one if the only countries that doesn't allow it. I wanted to reply but it didn't seem worth it. I don't need to convince morons that what I am doing is ok. If I am ok with it then the rest is nobody's business.

Alice and Crystal - I agree. No snow is a good thing it will make getting around easier.

I start the tablets today. Yippee!!! Anyone had a scan yet?
    Last edited by Kheeki; 14-01-2014 at 09:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, posts like that make me angry, it was likely written by someone that has absolutely no idea what this journey entails. I also agree if we're ok with things then it really is no one else's business. Australia is one of the few countries that do not allow anonymous donation.

Yaaahhhhh for starting Tablets!!!!!! You will feel so much better in a few days

I have my scan Thursday morning I hope the tablets are doing what they should be!! My cheeksa re also starting to feel a bit puffy today dumb steriods

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - I just pictured you arriving in Zlin with your puffed up cheeks and long haul flight puffy legs and ankles! Very cute. Fingers crossed the scan goes well. I wonder if they increase the oestrogen if the lining isn't as thick as it should be. You leave on Thursday don't you?

Tiggy - re DH and marital relations (I love that phrase!), it's really only Prostap that has affected it because I've been such a mole. Otherwise I usually don't worry about stopping except immediately after transfer like Crystal said. I was wondering about the abstaining prior to providing the sperm sample when we get there. They normally say 3 days but i'm pretty sure Eva said DH has to do a sample at first appointment to test it and then another one for fertilisation. Is there 3 days between these.

Should get DHs sperm results tomorrow. Bit worried because they haven't been great in the past.

It's heading towards 43 degrees and living in Black Saturday country is always a stress. At least there is no strong wind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean about the stress Kheeki. I can't relax, I think I'm just going to go into town and hang about. I'm just too panicky.

That post is ignorant - but no matter which way I look at it, and I look at it long and hard, it's all a bit tricky. But if we love our kids, talk to our kids, be open to their story, their feelings, give them our courage and our honesty, how can we go wrong? Anonymous might be better for everybody involved, (and I mean everybody, including the donor) maybe the poster didn't think about that, not the way we have to. Kkeeki, you are right, it only has to be okay for you. Aaaarrgghhh this heat is scary xxxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (14-01-2014)