Closed Thread
Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystalllllllllllll - I had to chuckle, were you up at 3am this morning????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I was I woke at 2:30 and was still awake at 4:00 am. Thankfully though the steroids keep me awake but I also have energy all day HAHA. I will adjust just takes a little bit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, hiiiiiii!

Oh boy oh boy there is action around here, I can hardly keep up.

Kheeki, I can't believe it's hard to get travel insurance if you are preggers through ivf. That is nuts. Do you really have to tell anyone? I mean, couldn't you use another GP to write any of the necessary letters? It just seems really unfair - you have to have insurance... I am really shocked by that. If I have to travel I dont' think I will be saying. I hope there are no insurance officers reading this...

Crystal, sweet of you to think of the journey with DS. We are a bit scared. We bought an ipad for his favourite films, so that should take care of at least 25 minutes - how long is the journey? Oh that's right, nearly THIRTY HOURS!!!! We are also bringing great quantities of ammunition; food I'd never ever buy. Lollies, bisucits, snack bars etc plus new toys still in their packaging, plus phenergan if he is sick or too horribly jet-lagged or whatever. I have never given DS phenergan, gulp, but we will bring it with us as a precaution. We have done lots of interstate trips on planes, they're generally ok, aside from the odd agonising hour of tantrums etc. Hopefully the staff on the plane will be understanding. The first leg, to Dubai, will be over night so hopefully (oh dear I am using that word quite alot) DS will sleep.

Crystal, you are right about feeling better on the estrogen. The fog has lifted, though I wouldn't say I feel a million bucks or anything, but more myself. My greatest struggle has been with my eyes and dehydration. They are really uncomfortable and dry - it's just one of the things I get...and the hormones kick it in big time.

kheeki you are super organised and onto it with snow boots. Lovely. I would love a pair! I hope we don't all freeze, I figure if DS needs anything I will track it down in Zlin. Hows the heat wave next week? Oh dear then we step onto a plane towards the winter.

I am moderately organised, and more so becaues of DS - anyone planned their plane outfit? Always tricky - you want to look nice and spunky etc but you gots to be comfortable. So there goes the nice jeans and tops, there goes the nice boots, there goes any earrrings etc (although they went out with DS). It'll be loose leggingy things for me - plus berkenstocks. Oh dear, that sounds very forty five. Help!

Love to all. May we all be lucky and blessed. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Happy new year

Hi all, am back from hols and have enjoyed reading the summary emails from you all in the meantime. Learning a lot and grateful for your collective wisdom.

We had a great Skype chat with Reprofit last night and found their materials comprehensive. We have a few other chats slated with others before we make our mind up [and the spreadsheet is still in full effect!].

So as we look at April/May for procedures, anyone have advice on best flight routes to take to get to Brno/Prague? My 'better half' is suggesting:

Rural Qld [where we are] - BNE - [some other layover of course] - Vienna then train or drive.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apple pie, that route sounds fine glad you had a great holiday!!!

Tiggy, I'll likely wear jeans and a light shirt to travel. We leave quite late as well so hopefully can get some sleep

Only 4 days until we leave!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, I really have no idea why an IVF baby is higher risk it makes no sense. Makes travelling a bit more difficult

Are you getting everything sorted for Zlin? Not much longer now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, not long now!!! How exciting. Tiggy, you crack me up, I think if we knew each other in real life we'd be good friends as we'd laugh at each others jokes. Sometimes the only people that laugh at my jokes are me and my children but I think they're just laughing at me laughing! You'll be fine!

I can remember I became a little of an insomniac after my injection, I was always on go, it stopped when I took my other medication though!

Apple Pie, we went via Vienna twice, I really like Vienna so we stayed for a couple of days before going to Zlin. It was great because we caught the CAT (city airport train) from the airport express to the city and our hotel was right outside the station. Then we had a driver pick us up to go to Zlin. Worked out well.
    Did you know there is an airport in Brno? They have flights to London. Last time I looked they left from Stanstead. We first went to Zlin over Easter and it was such an interesting time to be in Europe. Czech traditions for Easter have these plaited birch twiggy sticks and the boys go around and hit a girl with a stick to 'beat out the winter' and then the girl puts a ribbon on the end to say 'thanks'. Don't worry, the next day the girls get to hit the boys! I'm not sure how closely that tradition is followed these days but the sticks and easter decorations were for sale everywhere. IF you go via Vienna and the Easter Market is on at Schonbrunn Palace you must go! It was interesting and we got some cute little crafty local things (we got some in Prague's easter market too) that hang in our kids bedroom. Even though the twins aren't from that cycle it's all part of our journey.
    I've heard some good things about Reprofit however when I enquired they had a huge waiting list and were booking over 6 months in advance.

Ladies, if I don't make it on here in the next few days as you all start getting on those planes taking you away from this insane inferno that is known as Summer, GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Crystal - only 4 more days until you leave !!!!!!!!! The way your going with your sleep, that may well be 1 long day made up of 4 in 1 !! How EXCITING.... so hope it happens for you this time lovely lady

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - so excited for you. It's a bummer being the last one to go! But I get the benefit of both yours and Tiggy's experience!

Apple - I am flying Malaysian Air to KL then London then Prague. I saved about $1000 doing it this way, the flights only cost $2700 for 2 people. Jump on flightnetwork.com and have a look.

Tiggy - been thinking about flight attire as well. Especially given how long it is. I'm thinking cargo pants (just purchased on eBay!) and long sleeve t-shirt. I bought a puffer jacket which I'll put on when we get to Prague.

The ski slope in Zlin has webcam and it doesn't look like there's any snow there yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crystal, I forgot to say that I haven't heard from Penzion Uno yet!! Oh no! I will email again and then check into trains this week. I can't believe you are gone so soon. Wow.

Alice you are so right about this summer. I am obsessed with the weather, and fire danger. This week is tooo hot, but glad it will change for the weekend.

Have had some struggles this weekend; DH and DS both down with horrid gastro, plus Mummy with sore throat.

One week to get well!

Welcome back sweet Apple. Glad the spread sheet happening xx