Closed Thread
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - thanks for the info. I have lost some weight too and didn't think it might be related to that nasty needle. I love Prostap! It has inspired me to lose a bit more before leaving in 2 weeks.

Has anyone attempted to get travel insurance when pregnant? I have been researching it, optimistically, for my mid year holiday. There are agencies which will cover you for pregnancy but most won't if it is pregnancy through assisted technologies. Ggggrrrr!! Makes me mad but that is another rant. Would it be ok to lie, given procedure occurred overseas so know way for this to be discovered? Or, would they want info from my GP who knows I am going to Zlin? Its pretty worrying though because from what I can see, you can't get any cover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's bizarre about the travel insurance?!? Does it make any difference how you got pregnant? I don't think so! Perhaps they think that if an IVF person loses their baby while on holiday they'll try to claim back for more IVF??? That's all I can I think of. I do know that some companies won't insure for pre-existing conditions and that some will if you declare it with medical certificates etc, it's all so complicated, so much fine print!

I would be pushing the pram more Tiggy but I'm so unmotivated to do exercise kind of walking because it's such a pain in the butt getting everyone ready to go for a 30 minute walk. Also, lets not mention the weather and it's only getting worse! And by worse I mean hotter! I live near several bodies of water so the mosquitos around dusk are terrible, they're the size of giant spiders , ok not really but they are huge! I've got lots of excuses!! I've been trying to eat a little better this week, not helped by last nights pizza that become todays lunch too, but I'm doing better!

Preparing for pregnancy was the thinnest and fittest I've ever been and during pregnancy was probably the healthiest I've ever been!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just wanted to pop in and say hello and wish you luck

Its all happening on here, how exciting! It's amazing reading about the other side of the world and your big lead up to it. Enjoy and I hope it results in 100% positives. I'll be praying for you and watching on from the sidelines

Lots of Love Sooty

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, I think depending on what the illness would be the treating doctor on holiday may need medical info from your doctor here. I can't see how it would matter how the child was conceived though, maybe it means the insurance doesn't cover IVF or assisted conception for the particular cycle ? Maybe it wouldn't cover anything medical related to your trip to Prague but if you were 6 months gone why would it matter how you conceived? Very strange!!

Tiggy, Prostap is a very strange one indeed!! Are you getting everything ready to go? I have nothing ready but I'm always last minute to pack, I've been cleaning like mad but mostly because the prednisolone have given me so much energy I need to do something to burn it off a bit. So how do you think your little guy will go on the plane? I see smaller kids and always think, they must find it soooooo bloody boring on a long flight.

Alice, I'm sure your weight will melt away very quickly. Once their mobile you'll be moving all the time

Sooty, hi so nice to have you in the RI group now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you fill in your details for an on line travel insurance quote, if you state that you are pregnant, they then ask if it was by ART and if it was most then say they will not give cover. Is there some evidence that pregnancies through ART have more complications in general?

The main issue with this is that after a certain point in a pregnancy, you are not allowed into the USA unless you can prove you have full medical cover. This is because they have too many people trying to have their babies there at the expense of the US and so the child can become a US citizen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Girls,

I still read along here, but am going to SA to do my donor cycle...
    Just on travel insurance for IVF pregnancies Covermore will cover it I'm pretty sure ... http://www.covermore.com.au/pregnancy-cover I researched it a while ago so look at them. You have to fill in an extra form...

Em x
    Last edited by emski72; 10-01-2014 at 14:43.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - toooooooooooooo funny re. the cleaning with all the extra energy... I remember that feeling all too well... by golly! I guess one advantage of the side effects, even if it's the only one !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emski. Unfortunately Covermore is the same. Won't provide insurance for medically assisted pregnancy. They even take it a step further and include any hormone treatments which may have been used to assist conception!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donor info arrived ladies! Makes it very real now. My new snow shoes arrived as well. Anyone one else having a hard time comprehending how cold it is going to be over there when it is so hot here? Getting winter clothes organised is very strange.
    Last edited by Kheeki; 10-01-2014 at 19:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki , wow I'm not sure what to tell you then. I guess if you get preggers you would have to see if it's a straight forward low risk pregnancy and weigh the risks. What a pain

Happy you got your donor information!! It does make it seem more real

Tiggy have you found out about transportation yet?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (11-01-2014)