Closed Thread
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew wee - I got the Humira from Dr M and its already been faxed to Slade Pharmacy as requested, I pick it up tomorrow - Yay.... Thanks girls, crisis over

Kheeki - thanks for that, I will store that information for next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, the cost of Humira from fertility2u is 784 pounds I used travelex to convert and it was around $1500. Glad Dr.M came through for you, that's a stress gone

Kheeki, thanks for that I need to get this figured out tonight so I can book train tickets etc. I can't remember if I asked for a previously successful donor, I think I did and forgot to specify a non smoking donor Are you getting excited?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies hiiiiiiii!

Sooty glad the Humira got sorted sweetheart. Crisis averted indeed.

Crystal I got my donor dets!!! I was happy too, and I didn't check out about previous donation. I kind of dont' want to know about that. By the way , I so chuckled when I read how you had to be 35. Thirty eight looks young to me though lady!!!

Kheeki you made me laugh too, twenty five years and no dentist so about time. Actually very good time to get it done. My question for you is this - will you shave/wax your legs and bikini line for this journey, or not? Ladies, what are your thoughts on this?

Alice, great news re clothes shopping in Zlin. Bata school shoes here we come!!!

Estrogen today, mmmm delicious. I have to hide them from DS, imagine how they could affect his development!

I am feeling really happy about my donor. And strangely, ok about the anonymity. Maybe it protects us all...

Speak soon dear friends xxx Tig

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - so excited! I feel like its me going soon not you guys! But I have to wait till the 27th to leave which is feeling like forever away. In terms of your trip back from Zlin to Prague, you could organise it when you're over there. Lots of the things I've read say that it's easiest to go to the train station and ask questions and book there. It seems the trains never fill up so no issue getting a seat.

I used this website to book, I found other ones too complicated. http://www.cd.cz/asistent/default.aspx

Tiggy - without a doubt I will be 'neat and tidy' where it counts for this trip. I would hate to think I was the cause of any universal judgements being made on the unkempt nature of Aussie women!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy , I completely agree I'm happy with the information I got about my donor, just enough info for me at the moment.

My legs will be shaved and all parts presentable

Kheeki, I'm going to check out your link now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal if it's in cz change it to en in top right hand corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, I think I got the train figured out for us I didn't book tickets I'll wait until the day we get there so we can find out about the return train that leaves Zlin at 4:00 am. If that one doesn't work for us we'll just rent a car

My DH always likes to go to McDonalds in every country we go. I know of all places yuck but he does so he looked the menu up and they serve beer!!!

We also got things booked and ready for London. Not much time there but enough to see some things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well I'm trying to take some better care of myself (i.e. not eating a bag of lollies every afternoon!) but the weather hasn't been very motivating to get out and exercise! I think my idea of the perfect Australian summer is to go to England!

I'm glad you're getting things all sorted out, not long to go!

On trains, we never booked tickets just purchased at the ticket office however make sure you get to the station with at least 20 minutes to spare as sometimes the line ups are huge. They had to hold the train for us one time and we were the crazy tourists running slow motion arms waving style for the train (insert Olympics music here).
    Also, I'd thoroughly recommend getting them to drive you to the next town over (Otrokovice - O-tro-Ko-Vee-chay) as you will likely need to change trains here from Zlin and there will also be some more trains.
    Yep, as someone said it's about 3.5 hours and it's a pretty comfortable and interesting journey. The trains are what I would describe as 'ye olde style' with the closed off 6 person compartments. They are all individually heated/cooled.
    I have only heard of the train being delayed once during heavy snow falls. But you can't plan your life around the possibility of heavy snow, if you know what I mean!

I'm not sure you'll get much more info about donors than currently has been provided. I got age, weight, height and hair/eye colour. Just be wary about sharing donor info on here. There are some other Zlin forums mostly of American people and the clinic knows about them and keeps an eye on them. When people start over sharing donor info the clinic stops telling people specific things. I'd say they don't want to get in trouble, which is understandable. They might also be trying to protect donor identity.

I will say one thing though, for a few days in Zlin I walked around and everyone I saw who looked like me I wondered if that was them, especially near the clinic! I had to stop myself. So if you do it too don't worry, you're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, interesting article about a custody/visitation court battle regarding a little girl in Australia born via a known Australian sperm donor.

I don't know about others but when I read things like this it makes me so thankful we decided to go overseas for our anonymous donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly Alice, re that story you read about the sperm donor. That makes anonymity a good protection. Re the jelly beans, hmmmmm....since having DS my need for chocolate has definitely increased. It's all the hard work, which would be double with twins. But what about the pram-pushing? That must be full on...pram must be huge! I loved your train story, by the way, and could totally picture it. I am going to email Penzion UNo today as they have a great deal where they pick us up. we are getting really excited now...

Side effects still strong around here. Dehydrated anyone?? Litres of water make no difference. I have very sore dry eyes too ,which I have read is common. On the up side, and I do mean up, way up - weight loss. Yup. I am eating sooooo much and feeling thinner. I know. Prostap is one crazy lady. I read that it's a possible side effect too (the only good one hello Lindt balls).

And Crystal and Kheeks, I have the wax booked. If you ladies are setting the Aussie standard what can I do but keep it up?

More in a bit, love to all xxxx