Closed Thread
Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SootyMay - great news! That must be a relief nad add some much needed excitement to the start of the year.

Alice - hope you and the family had a nice trip to Vic and things have setlted a little with you know who!

Tiggy and Crystal - Prostap sucks! I have been seriously flat and moody, teary and have been in this 'everything is hopeless" state. I'm hoping it is the injection but I also always find this time of year difficult. It is encouraging to hear that the estrogen might improve things when I start it.

Have either of you heard anything from Eva about donors? I've still got 3 weeks before we leave but started to feel very nervous!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    me again you wont hear anything about your donors until just before you leave, then you will be given limited information about them, what they have matched up per your requests

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Can anyone explain the dates and how the meds work? Having just had the Prostap injection, the way I work it out I would be due for AF at the time I am in Zlin for transfer which makes no sense. Is the injection now stopping AF from coming altogether and what does the estrogen do? Sorry for the dumb questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal, thanks for your words of wisdom. I had no idea I would be affected by the Prostap at all. When I took Syneral for my other IVF's I didn't go through this - that is some injection...but it was good to hear that this might be the roughest bit. The spotting is a pain, but at least you can tell yourself the medication is at work somewhere in your system. It can be hard to believe that a single shot can have this ongoing effect...

Kheeki my heart really went out to you when I read your post. I know how hard this time of year can sometimes be - for a whole bunch of reasons. And on top of it all we are facing this journey, and instead of doing it feeling like a million bucks, we have to have to Prostap and feel hopeless and scared. How unfair! I went away to see family for a week and had to manage all sorts of stressful dynamics, but when I got away for a run along the beach by myself in the morning, I felt very clear about this mission, and the negativity floated away. This may well be the roughest bit for you too, like Crystal said. And my Dh and I are also feel pretty scared and ambivalent at times - but that's healthy isn't it? Of course we are going to feel all these things. But picture Crystal and me calling you over from the other side, and giving you a big hug when you get there. You can totally do this, you have the guts, the determination and the resilience(maybe I am telling myself at the same time). I say, go for it. As for help with the drugs, maybe lovely Stacey knows a bit more than I do....hmmm...I don't really know how it all works, I think Protap inhibits ovulation. The best thing would be for you to have a chat with your FS, as long as they are supportive! Short of that, could you ask Eva? I am sure she won't mind reassuring you - it's part of her job I am sure, to explain these things if you need it.

I bought a winter coat today, for the trip. I know I know, I wasn't going to, but it's an outdoor number from kathmandu and I can wear it forever. Plus a backpack for the plane. OMG don't even start me and my Dh about the plane trip (gulp).

Ladies, it's going to be a great adventure. Kheeki, I hope you are feeling ok. If you need to talk or anything, PM me and I can give you my number - something like that. Hugs, Tight Buns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Tiggy. You got me all teary again with your words of support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear, that Prostap.

I know it's not how we pictured a family happening - but we are working within limitations - no good donor program in Aus etc. Kheeki, even though you feel scared, I think it's a good sensible, brave thing you are doing. Every stone has to be turned over, right? I am not sure how I will be accessing the internet over there, but I will let you know how it goes so that when it's your turn you will know what to expect. And I do think you should ask Eva about your plan and medication etc. So you know what is happening. It's good you are doing this Kheeki. Really good. My fingers will be crossed for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tiggy, again. I am feeling much better and starting to get my excitement back about all of this. I am trying to focus on the holiday aspect and downloading lots of entertainment on the Ipad for the million hours flight.

Tiggy and Crystal - have you organised ultrasounds for before you go? And, I spoke to Eva and she confirmed road works and recommends the train. Have you guys booked your tickets yet with the student agency and if so, can you let me know how you did it because I found the booking page a bit confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok popping in again The prostap works by putting your body into a menopause like state, hence the hot flushes, headaches, vaginal dryness, moodiness, etc, the list goes on and on lol, it stays in your body for 6 wks, you cant have a period as it inhibits the build up of your lining, thats what the estrogen is for, to build the lining up for implantaion, then we have to take the progesterone, to mimic what happens after ovulation and to sustain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over, your body does not produce estrogen or progesterone after the prostap injection so its all artifically given to us through the pills etc. I hope that I've explained that ok

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (03-01-2014),sootymay  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Stacey I think you explained it perfectly it's a temporary state of menopause I also wanted to ask you about Travelex. How long did it take for the money to transfer from you to the clinic? Also did you transfer funds from your bank or did you use a credit card to pay? Sorry for so many questions

Kheeki, hang in there, once you start your estrogen tabs you will feel much better!!

Tiggy, you too hang in there it's not long to go now

I heard back from Eva confirming my intralipids and she gave me my donor details, very happy everything we asked for was met so I'm pleased Makes it feel real now

Alice, hope your well!! I'm sure the babes are keeping you busy now

Sooty, I will be emailing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stacey your post was incredibly helpful. Thank you so much!

Crystal don't go getting me excited. I immediately wrote to Eva after I read your post. OMG donor details???!!!! Whaaaaaaaooooooeeee. I hope there are some for me!!!

Road blocks, now that scared me. Penzion Uno will pick us up from the airport, so I have emailed them to ask them what they know about the roads.

Ladies you are totally going to roll your eyes at me I KNOW, but I am STILL freaking out about putting one or two embies back. It could be that I am just focusing on one little part of the process and stressing (yes, I do have that tendency). I suspect I will make the decision once I get there...

I have had a head ache all day PLUS pimples. OMG menopausing ladies don't get pimples!!! Why me, Lord?

Love and hugs to all.

PS is anyone lying in their beds at night planning what they will wear in Zlin, or is that just me?