Closed Thread
Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice - Kate from VARTA is an ex counsellor, has been for years apparently and dealt with a lot of adoptive children's issues once they found out later in life etc.. hence I guess why if it's brought up, she will say, to tell a child early - the seminar was called "A time to Tell"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news, I should be able to make it to our catch up by around 3:30/4!
    But Kheeki I'm so disappointed you wont be able to make it!

It's been very quiet in here lately, I hope everyone is ok!
    I borrowed a sewing machine from a friend and attempted sewing for the first time, well not really the first time because I made a pencil case in year 8 home ec but I'm not counting that!
    I purchased a pattern and have made one cute little romper with ruffle frills on the straps and am making one for the little man at the moment, minus the ruffles and frills! I still look at it and can't believe I actually made it!

Can you believe it's December! Not long now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and we made a holiday decision!
    Next year we are headed off to London for one and half weeks. It's a birthday present for all of us. We are going to stay in a different part of the city that we haven't explored yet and I'm so excited because I found a city farm that we can take the munchkins to!
    DH's treat is a tour of the stadium and museum of his favourite soccer team and I've not yet decided but I think I'll go horse riding in Hyde Park!
    I'm also looking forward to visiting Nunhead Cemetery, a beautiful victorian era cemetery. I'm one of those weird people who love old old cemeteries, I find them so beautiful and historically interesting.
    As for when, we are yet to decide between April and October. There are benefits to both, in April the twins will still be small enough to fit the basinet on the plane but in October they might enjoy the trip more as they'll be able to do some more things and we'll have to take less formula on the plane!
    We'll decide in January. I'm so excited to take them on their first trip to one of my absolute most favourite places!

Exciting times ahead for all of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello dearest ladies

I am in bed with a nasty cough thing that the whole family has caught, so I will be brief. Alice I am a bit worried that it will just be you and me for the catch up!!! Maybe it''s just too loaded, in some way, for everyone. I could be wrong but I just wonder if the whole issue is sort of sensitive and complicated, and the timing isn't right. Maybe DE and travel and the whole thing is big and scary and maybe we need to get on the other side of it or something and see how we feel. I could be wrong, Crystal I PM'd you but for the life of me I cannot work out how to see my sent messages so I have no idea if you have received it, or even if I sent it properly. If Kheeki can't make it then should we wait until we are 'on the other side' so to speak?

Maybe it's enough that we are just processing the whole thing right now. What do you think?

Sooty May, thinking of you with much admiration and encouragement. So glad you are back in planning mode.

Tiggy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello dearest ladies

I am in bed with a nasty cough thing that the whole family has caught, so I will be brief. Alice I am a bit worried that there will hardly be any of us for the catch up!!! Maybe it''s just too loaded, in some way, for everyone. I could be wrong but I just wonder if the whole issue is sort of sensitive and complicated, and the timing isn't right. Maybe DE and travel and the whole thing is big and scary and maybe we need to get on the other side of it or something and see how we feel. I could be wrong, Crystal I PM'd you but for the life of me I cannot work out how to see my sent messages so I have no idea if you have received it, or even if I sent it properly. If Kheeki can't make it then should we wait until we are 'on the other side' so to speak?

Maybe it's enough that we are just processing the whole thing right now. What do you think?

Sooty May, thinking of you with much admiration and encouragement. So glad you are back in planning mode.

Tiggy x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's fine by me! I know what it's like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only reason I can't catch up is DH and I have decided to go camping for a few days before Xmas which will include that weekend. Otherwise, I was looking forward to it. Let's see where we're all at after Xmas and/or after Zlin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kheeki it wouldn't be right without you there - don't you think Alice? Maybe it will have to be when we are all back...or early Jan, Kheeki? Are you away? I have forgotten your dates for leaving... xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - thanks for the thoughts. If you guys can catch up you should but I do want to at some stage. Tiggy and Crystal you must be taking the depot soon? It's all getting so close it scares me. I don't leave till Aus Day so I think that's a week or two after you guys. Has Debbie gone yet?
    Alice - you put me to shame you sound you pack so much into your time. And creative. I can barely so on a button. Soooo quiet on here. Must be pre Xmas/ end of year stress!
    Last edited by Kheeki; 10-12-2013 at 06:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Zlin is looming

Kheeki, camping sounds like a great idea. A good pre-Christmas get away. It sounds like you leave Aus the day I leave Zlin. But when you get back OMG we so have to catch up. Come on! We are in the same district afterall. The stories we will have!!! Who knows how we will be feeling - I hope happy!!! I am feeling excited. When I have the energy that is - I still have this awful cough and am plugging the anti-b's. I have to be IN PERFECT HEALTH at all times and particularly when I am facing ZLIN!

And Alice, your idea of a holiday in London sounds brilliant. You continue to impress this little thread. I wonder if we are the only Aussies doing this right now or if there are a bunch of lurkers out there about to face it all too. Hey, you out there! YOu know who I mean, You! The one coming to ZLIn for DE. The one too scared to post! YOU! Join us and we can do this crazy escapade to motherhood together.

Sooty May how are you? By the way, I have so appreciated all the discussion re DE and telling kids etc. It is such big and basic and important stuff, it needs to be talked about, and who better to discuss then us?

Anyways, Kheeki you are right - depot in about FIVE MINUTES. Aaaaahhhhhh Crystal where are you? Have you got your shot ready? I watched a girl do it in YOuTube. Can you believe it? I am excited!

Hey Alice with the Estrogen pills is it three times daily as in breakfast lunch and dinner?

Love to all especially to citizens and staff of Zlin xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (13-12-2013)