Closed Thread
Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls - thanks for all your support, it made me feel so much better... its so nice to read all the well wishes and thoughts...everyone responds differently and I really appreciate it.

New day today, and already thinking we will probably go back Feb/March - me on my own. Have emailed Dr M to see if he thinks any further testing is in order, as we have a bit of time up our sleeves now.

No frozen, so a new cycle and a new donor probably.... oh dear... that was the hardest part last time and thought we had chosen so well. I'm lucky that DH is behind another attempt.

Best be off to work now.

Love Sooty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty I am so sorry, for me i've always found it easier if i have a back up plan. Which it sounds like you do.

Tigg i have had the same sort of thoughts. But I guess at the end of the day if i want to have another this is my only option. We won't be telling the child they are from a donor at all. I don't want family and friends to treat the child any differently and really i don't think its anyone else's business. My first appointment in Zlin is the 15th Jan at 8.15.

Crystal 17 days until i do my shot.

AFM i am off to work today, have such a busy time now right up until christmas. I will try and get back to do more personals later. Oh and my british passport arrived yesterday. Was so happy as a few people said it could take up to 6 weeks. Which from the day i applied was going to be xmas eve. So i was quite worried they would go ono holidays and i wouldn't get it in time. But all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, I worry a little that I've only done the level 1 testing but Dr.M said he felt the issues he found were what was wrong but if this cycle is a bust I will be asking about further testing as well. I'll pm you

Debbie, we haven't told anyone we're using a donor for the same reasons that you've mentioned. Glad you got your passport 17 days for you, we need a countdown clock or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty I'm so sorry it didn't work out this time. Do your doctors have any more suggestions about what might be happening or where to go next. Our next attempt if we hadn't been successful was to go with a donor and surrogate. That idea was probably helped along by the fact that a close friend has a child born through a surrogate in India. Take as much time as you need! Maybe we can even convert you into being a Czech Republic-er!

Tiggy, never ever feel bad for feeling those things and having those concerns. It's how we felt too and they are valid concerns. I did often say to myself, 'well, I love my dogs like they were my own children so I can love a child!'. When those munchkins were born I just fell in love with them. I gave them life, I bought them into the world, without me they wouldn't exist.

DH and I had this conversation yesterday when we went for a walk. He said that he hopes they can be proud of where they come from, to know that they were so wanted and that someone was kind and generous enough to help us and that they truly are one of a kind and very loved. Our biggest fear is they may resent us for the way they've been 'created' however I would like to believe that in our open and honest environment filled with love that our children will never feel that way. It is still a fear but we try not to dwell on it and to just love and enjoy our children and being a family. This is where I should insert some inspirational quote about you change the future by living in and influencing the present!

I will try to find a video that I watched before we went the first time that made me feel good about our decision. It's a girl conceived through DE who talks about her life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If my munchkins can grow up and be this well adjusted I'll be so happy!
    Also, I think this says a lot about using a donor who is a similar physical match as there will be less questions for the kids to field, but she raises a good point about behaviour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTgHRV8g1Fg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice you really are a star. That was great for me to see. Thank you. My child (if indeed I am so blessed) will have a mummy and daddy who love her him/her and a very cute brother. It's not perfect, but it will be wonderful. I love how the girl in that video speaks about how valuable and important it was to know about her origins very early and that there is a far greater chance of painful crisis if a teenage child finds out through default later in life. I want my child to grow up with honesty too, even when it comes to the tough stuff.

And you are right - a physical match is important. Alice you rock and your twins are lucky.

Hey Crystal, you are right, I have buckets of love to give to kids and if I don't have another I risk cuddling my poor DS to within an inch of his life. I am thinking of you as we move towards the time pretty much together. I think I fall into the other camp, where I want to hug my donor and wish I could have a picture. I don't fear my child thinking they have another family out there; I just wish they could know where they come from, their genetic make-up etc, who the person is that made them possible...When I was looking into donors through New Life they sent me pictures and it was so lovely to see the girls and to feel positive feelings towards certain donors, some sort of connection. But perhaps no matter which way you go; anonymous, best friend, sister or known donor - it can be tricky and complicated at certain points along the journey. Anonymous is a bit painful for me, but feels the most right. One thing I will give my child is the opportunity to speak about these hard things, and to work through them with me, if/when the need arises. I don't feel like the donor is a fairly inconsequential part of the deal; not at all, more like the opposite. Invaluable and kind of incredible. But that's okay. Thats' the way it has to be for this child to have life, and that's okay. Okay enough for me to follow through with this. Sorry for the rave; I guess I am processing all this! Hope you are all enjoying your weeks. We did blood tests today! xxxx
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 26-11-2013 at 11:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy, you are such a lovely lady! That video helped me a lot so I thought it was worth sharing. I think it's important for us to hear the perspective of a child in all of this.

I do know what you mean about seeing a photo and making a connection. I felt that way too, then I found myself thinking things like 'oh, she's pretty' and that's when I knew I shouldn't pick someone!

We have a great kids story book about egg donation that we intend to read to the babies to introduce the concept to them. In fact we've already read it a few times, I did cry a little the first time. I would equate finding out about DE in your teens to finding out you were adopted. You go through so much in those in those years and you're trying to figure out who you are and your place in the world so honesty is always a good thing!

Debbie, I keep meaning to ask, do you want me to add you to the front page list of people cycling in the Czech Republic?

Also, I am really look forward to our catch up in Dec. I'm free a bit earlier now so shouldn't be too late!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I can't believe I get to meet you Alice! xxx yes, brilliant to hear the child's perspective. Your twins are lucy because you are dedicated, in every sense of the word. That's the feeling I get about you. And good at research (not my strong point!) xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did I tell you it was actually my doctor where who tipped the balance for me when considering which DE path to take? We were thinking about Thailand, and flying in a donor from Europe, but my FS said that could be very dangerous to the donor, and somewhat exploititive, if something should happen to her during the treatment, or on her way back to Europe on the plane eg,DVT, then whose responibility would she be? He said he knew of cases where the hospitals in Asia washed their hands of responsibility because the donor was no longer in their care. I don't want to be a part of anything that could hurt the donor, who is probably young and vulnerable. Especially when I thought of her flying all that way, probably on her own...much better if she was in her own country, eg CZ, in really good reliable care. That's why it ended up being an anonymous program for us. Alice that makes so much sense when you looked at the photos and thought 'Oh she is so pretty' that you just didn't want to go there. Better to let them choose. I feel good about that too. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thailand has a great donor program, there are a few ladies that have gone over and used overseas donors and had success. There are donors that will ask to travel so they can see a bit of the world while donating. These girls aren't vulnerable or exploited, their intelligent young women that want to do a cycle overseas. Love you Tiggy but your doctor shouldn't say things like that

Ok. Alice what is there to do in Zlin in the winter? Are there any museums, how's the shopping? How did you fill your days in between clinic time?