Closed Thread
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, I agree I think your family will run out of steam and just accept the boundries after a little while Hang in there, it will be worth it!! A little time away will do you wonders as well

Kheeki, you do need to do what feels right for you, I guess when the time came to take the gift in I really didn't want that much contact even through a gift.

Sooty, this TWW seems like its going on eons now!! Oh I heard from Gwenyth, she told me Jan 11th should be fine. I still can't book anything because I have no idea when I need to be there etc.

I contacted Eva to find out about having the intralipids in Zlin, I think if she says I can have them on 22nd January we may just go ahead with that. I've also asked about if we need PICSI with DH's morphology now being 12%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki - Yes our donor had donated before. Shes 21 going on 22 and has a little boy nearly 12 months I believe. Her last ED resulted in 19 eggs, a pregnancy and 15 frozen !!!!!! So you can see why we were blown away with this result. She's only donated once before.

Crystal - it probably feels like ages for you over there - I remember sitting there waiting, waiting for everyones results to come through and it took forever For me, it feels like time is standing still - in a good way... it will probably hit home, when we land in Melbourne Saturday night. Theres so much to do here and it really does take your mind off it 80% of the time !!! How cool is that !!... I've done well

Unfortunately though the #'s arent rolling our way in SA. 2 of the 4 forum girls have just rec'd negative results and 2 of us are waiting, a 5th that isnt on the forum (I met her here) rec'd a negative too, after 4 attempts in SA. It's quite upsetting to hear the news, when you really think you're going to see the BFP come up. I don't get it with young eggs and it not working... especially after a few attempts... unless you've got immune issues, why wouldnt it work? Is it really that much of a numbers game... I always say it is.. but I thought with donor eggs, at least within 3 attempts you should be pregnant. Anyone - food for thought? Just to throw it out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, there were also a few negative results when we were there as well, and I wondered the same thing. How can girls that are so young not be producing the best quality eggs that result in not so great embies? Is it the girls or the lab? Don't know

Eva emailed back last night and needs a copy of the immune protocol I've been given from Dr.M for the doctor to have a look at before my appointment Oh and my appointment is booked for 22nd Jan at 11:30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I suspect it is a numbers game on the whole. I am not sure that 'shoulds' apply when it comes to embryos implanting and thriving. Even when every step in the sequence goes to plan, embryos don't implant. But I hear you Sooty, I really hear you - especially after four attempts. I feel upset for your friend too. I hope that every thing is being covered for her, and that there isn't anything more medical holding her back from success. I am hoping for you big time SM - you are doing so so well. You are an inspiration, truly. Hang in xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's hoping they run out of steam sooner rather than later!

We're in a pickle with travel, you see it's DH's brothers wedding in June in the Florida Keys. We won't have seen them in 18 months (they live in the US) and they were meant to have the wedding in Hawaii which would have been so convenient, we would have gone as I've always wanted to go, the flight time isn't really very long and it's not expensive. DH has been there for work so is confident getting around and it's designed for tourists!

When they moved the wedding we got so upset. Firstly it's not in Australian school holidays; it's in US Summer holidays which means hotels are super expensive, we have to drive from Miami for several hours to get to the location which means hiring an SUV to cart all our gear and the kicker is that we will basically get no time with them as they will have many guests to see. We priced it at about $15-17,000. Not to mention the flight will be 30 hours over and 30 hours back with two babies.

So we have said we can't go and we're rather upset we can't go. The problem is that it makes it difficult for us to then take another overseas holiday as it will look like we should have gone to the wedding. I even priced going over to visit them in January but airfares and visas are $9000!!!! I just look at that amount and think that we could all four of us fly to Europe and stay for a week or two for less than that! It's only $1000 for the four of us to fly to Singapore but we've been there four times already!

I also thought Japan but it might be hard to get around with all our gear. Then I thought about where we'd love to go and we'd love Scandinavia, probably too cold in January though! But we could do it in April Easter holidays and do a self guided tour for 10 days including hotels, travel, most meals and air for less than $8,000. Scandinavia is meant to be super child friendly! I really want to do this but does it look bad considering the wedding is in June? DH feels a bit guilty about going somewhere else instead of the wedding.
    So confused!!!!
    Maybe we'll just come to Zlin with all of you and have a holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, I totally understand this problem :thumbup: for the 4 of us to go to Canada for a visit just in airfares along we're looking at over $10 000. So we don't visit It can make it uncomfortable when a family member says oh you can go there but not come for a visit so I did a screenshot of the price for airline tickets and told them that's why we don't visit. They have not asked since or if they ask I will say well why don't you come and visit? I've even offered to meet halfway..different story when its their money.

For your DH's brother, maybe tell them its going to cost too much right now with new babies or you could always offer to meet halfway somewhere and have a holiday together in the next few years. I don't think you need to give a reason other then its very expensive to go to North America and Europe is not so expensive. Anyway, I always tell them why and the other thing for me is that my family lives in a very small town that pretty much closes in the winter. Are we really expected to spend that money to go and sit in someone's house for two weeks? When airfares become reasonable in their summer that's when I'll visit

That probably didn't help, but this problem is very familiar to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was helpful Crystal because it's exactly how I feel!
    They live in a smallish city by US standards and it's a long way to anything. DH doesn't really want to drive anywhere far as he's not confident so we'd kind of be stuck for two weeks. I can't justify $10,000 to fly to America and be stuck in a a bit of a nothing city for two weeks.
    They are moving back to Australia at the end of 2014 so I've thought about shouting us all a lovely night out with dinner and accommodation at a lovely hotel to celebrate their marriage and moving here.
    I think we'll have to have a chat to them on the weekend. The flight to Copenhagen is so convenient for us, just one stop in Dubai! So much easier and honestly, Scandinavia is so much more appealing to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls - a numbers game and the lab is very important as well. When we were researching SA, and hadnt settled on a clinic, I asked other clinics how long their embryologist had been working there... funny, I never asked CFC as so many girls had been there, and just went off the back of that and trusted that they know what they are doing. If we had to, or considered coming back to SA, I would now ask that question of this clinic.

Alice - gosh, we have the same issue, where you say you can't attend something - usually trips back to NZ, or up to QLD, so no-where as expensive as those trips over the other side of world - gosh that's a lot of money..... and you do feel so guilty doing something for yourselves, if you can't afford the other family get togethers. I
    totally agree with Crystal, we've got a couple of friends in NZ that say all the time "when are you coming to visit?" (bearing in mind we may have just been there less than 6 months ago!!) gosh... we've been over here 6 years and they've not come over once - free accomodation, great catch up, lots of wine - why wouldnt you make the most of it !!?? Others have come over for w/end get aways and caught up at the same time, and it's fantastic.. but they're not the ones saying, when are you coming? People can be funny can't they.. quite one sided at times... I guess we all can be at times.
    Last edited by sootymay; 22-11-2013 at 11:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow AF here. It really brings it home, doesn't it Crystal? (we are so close in our schedules!) You kind of know it's the last 'normal' AF before Depot. Oh wow. More at stake too. The more real it gets...I just watched J Lo in 'The Back-up Plan', surprisingly pleasurable chic flick. I actually really laughed. Loved heaps of it. Good for ladies thinking about having babies. It still seems ages away...have a great weekend ladies xxx Sooty May you will be on my mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice - book Hawaii and get them to to come over to you!! Totally kills all birds with one trip. Hawaii very baby friendly and they will get cheap flights from the US!

I've just realised from everyone's resent posts that come Jan/Feb we are going to be with each other for TWW outcomes. There are only 4 of us. I don't know how all CZ feel but I have to say I have felt something with our thread because it is so small that any success or failure with us will be held in the group very dear and I feel like we will live each others outcome deeply. Is it too early to be thinking to Feb for us.