Closed Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, wow January will be a busy month for the Zlin Clinic from Aussies that's 3 of us just from this thread

I have everything sent for paperwork except an updated SA for hubby, he's super busy at work at the moment so it will be a few weeks before he can get this completed. Hopefully Eva will say I can make the deposit in the next day or two so we can book flights and hotel as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Alice - I'm not going to Czech as going to SA in November, but just wanted to say the HUGEST thank you for starting this thread on Czech for everyone. It is so generous of you, and as you would understand, when someone is first starting out on the donor search, there seems to be limited information, until you find a thread like this or similar. It really saves everyone's sanity & makes you feel so much more relaxed and positive about the whole experience of going overseas.

I hope you have lots of girls & boys joining in to contribute, that's what makes a good forum!

Thank you, it's a beautiful thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here, here. Three cheers for Alice I say!

I never really had too much trouble with my drugs from IVF in Melb so hopefully it will be okay. Eva told me in her letter that they only send drugs to Europe, so I guess that means picking up everything here, which is no problem. Alice I have another question! Did you pick up your post-transferral meds there in CR or did you take them over from here? I think I recall you saying you took them from OZ, or was it the other way round? Sorry!

Sooty May you have a very cute name. Good luck in SA!

Hi Crystal, you are right, Zlin better get ready for the Aussie influx. I am a little bit behind you as I still have to fill out my forms etc. But it's all happening. It gets difficult to think about anything else!

Perhaps this thread can stay alive for us as we move closer to 'the big adventure'...

Tiggylig xxx
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 05-10-2013 at 08:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone, this is something really important to me that I can share and help people with so I'm excited and happy to share!

I would hope this is just the start of a very busy thread with lots of baby success!

When I went to Zlin they initially posted my pre-transfer meds however I know they have had huge problems posting meds to America. This might have made the decision for them to stop posting altogether. It shouldn't be too hard to get what you need here anyway.
    I purchased my post-transfer meds at the clinic pharmacy. This was the Utrogestan (Progesterone). Just remember when you buy it that you need a bit extra beyond week 12 as you taper off this drug.

As for side effects, I got some bad migraines which were hormonal. I usually get a big headache or migraine just before and at the start of AF. This is apparently common but goes away as soon as you start taking other medications.

There will be an Aussie invasion in Zlin in January!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooty

Tiggylig, I had bad migraines when I had the depot injection at the start of the cycle, they eased up when I started estrogen thankfully and I felt great while travelling.

Alice, I agree with the other ladies it is great you've started this, I had no idea these clinics were even an option until I read it on here

We're able to leave on an 16th so if we didn't need to be at the clinic until Wed the 22nd I think we may go to London for a few days and maybe leave for Zlin on Monday, we'll see how things go but that's what I'd like to do

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal I may well see you there!!! Imagine that! Our true identities will be revealed. Are you from Melbourne? I am in the middle of filling out the form about which qualities I want in my donor. Wow. Such a significant decision on their part...hopefully photographs will help them. It's hard to know what to put at the top of that list. I put 'phyiscal match' and I am hoping for the best.

Alice, thank you for answering my questions - I'll get everything from here I think. I can even get more Crinone once I get back home. The question on the Virtual Visit form about my ivf cycles confused me - I have emailed Eva. I am wodnering if I answer each question for each cycle ( I did 5 of the things!!) or just add all the numbers up and give them that. Don't worry Alice,I am sure Eva will tell me. You have done more than enough!

So, so far it's me, Kheeki and Crystal. It will be nice to chat as we move towards 2014!

All the best ladies xx Tiggylig

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so great meeting other people at the clinic and hotel. We made some great friends from America when we were there last, one couple were unsuccessful however the other couple had twin girls a few weeks before us! Also, it's nice having people to speak English with and going out and doing things seems more fun in a small group. It's a nice support considering everyone is there for the same reason.

Crystal, London is one of my most favourite places! Have you been before?

Just for infos sake, you can fly from London to Brno. Brno is the second biggest city in the CZ and is closer to Zlin than Prague which means transfers cost less. The airline is RyanAir though. They are a bit like a cross between Tiger and Jet Star, probably more like Tiger. I've never been game enough to fly them but plenty do. They fly from London Stanstead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread ladies & gentlemen, I am enjoying popping in & having a read. The Sootmay comes from my little black cats name Sooty!!! Too cute I think... his nick name is Sooty-mouse ... and the "May" is from a online shopping site user name & the month I signed up with them.

Thanks for the info in the depot injection & potential headaches.... I'm ignoring that box that I rec'd a few weeks ago, I peeked into the box to check everything was there and got the shock of my life, re. the size of the needle! Apparently "Emla" cream works a treat, its an anaesthetic cream. My sister has used it before too, & says to put a thick layer on then glad wrap over the top for 45 mins before doing what you have to do!

Ryan Air - I flew return from England to Brisbane YEARS ago (ie 20 years ago!!!) on these guys, and was quite happy with them. Having said that, I wouldn't do a lot of things I did back then .... but honestly I didn't feel unsafe at the time & that's a long flight on small plane.
    Last edited by sootymay; 24-09-2013 at 05:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, I swear that needle looks so so much worse then it is. It did not hurt at all, did you end up getting Triptorlin depot or Prostap from the international pharmacy? I got Prostap for my cycle in SA but the only one my doctor could write a script for here was Triptorelin depot for this cycle.

Tiggylig, I just added all my cycles together, it was easy for me because I had few eggs and nothing fertilised anyway. I do live in Melbourne, we'll be in Zlin the week of Jan 20th

Alice, I spent a month in London when I was 17/18 ish, I loved it. DH has never been so a good chance for him to see a little and we can plan to go back when its warmer.

I got an email from Eva last night to ask if we could be there for 11:00 am on the 17th of January which we can't. My DS 16th birthday is on the 15th and there's no way I'd miss that. Its my fault however I told her we could travel on the 16th which when I booked for South Africa I was asked what my full travel dates were and they figured it out within those dates. Eva asked when we could leave so I told her the 16th thinking we'd be booked in on Monday the 20th, so no problems I emailed her and explained there's no way we can be there for the 17th, however the next week is fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, I keep forgetting to ask you, is there any consult with a doctor before I go or is like SA in that I'll see the doctor when I get there?