Closed Thread
Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got AF yesterday!!!!! Glad to get it out of the way, I take the depot injection on 17th Dec Still feels like ages away but less then a month so all good

Sooty, You have your immune meds on board and if their doing what they should be doing you should have a nice comfy environment for those beans to stick!! I'm so excited for you!!

Tiggy, I really should have gotten AF around the 25th but because my AMH is so low they are starting to get closer and closer but last cycle was 30 days so not bad I'm glad your feeling good about things again, I still go back and forth on my decision but at the end of the day its what we want

Good morning ladies hope everyone is well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray Crystal - AF! Yes it feels good to be excited about January. Really good. I met a forty four year old woman in the carpark - (I know, crazy) and we just got chatting when she saw me struggling with pram etc. She said 'everything is tricky with kids!' and I laughed and asked how many she had back there in her RV and she said twins plus one. I said WOW and she said it had been great and not too exhausting and she'd happily have more. I told her my story and we just really connected and then we said goodbye and she said good luck. She was turning forty five. It was a fun buzzy little unexpected chat - the best kind! I am aware that if we stopped now life would be 'easier' but still we would have to live with the sense that there is room for more. A little too much focus on our boy. Anyways, the excitement continues. And Crystal a 30 day cycle, why that's positively mid-twenties!

Alice, I loved your story of being in the crowd and being squashed and pushed and doubting everything. Did you fly in the very early days? Of course you must have, when you left Prague. I feel anxious about having to fly, move, carry luggage etc...but then I tell myself of the embies are going to stay then it would take a whole lot to change that. I remember when I was at the end of the two week wait I was soooooo stresssed about getting my period and not being pg and I met up with my sister for a coffee and AF was due and I was freaking out. I so wanted to be successful. Then at the cafe I got my period. I ordered a huge wine instead of coffee and slugged it back and wept and wept. I drove home through the rain crying, got home, made DH pour me more alcohol. It was some old Vodka we had but all there was was lime green cordial to go with it, which I drank while lying in bed and bawling into my doona. Then we had some Indian take away and more horrible cheap wine to drwon my sorrows and I thought OKay I will do (yet another) ivf cycle and started making plans then I crashed out and in the morning, well I was ready for a new start, but where was my period? It didn't come for about another two years. I was pg. He...he...all that wine. I didnt drink for another two years either. My point is, if lime green Vodka doesn't stop a pg NOTHING WILL XXX

Sooty enjoy the view. I am so so pleased you are able to stay open to it all. I am sending stacks of positive white light xxx so glad you are in that beautiful place. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy, that's such a lovely story (in a round about way!). I love it when you think all hope is lost only to be proved wrong! The world works in strange ways! After I've found out I'm no longer pregnant I always went and ate sushi!

Yep, we flew 2 days after transfer. I just wasn't doing heavy lifting. After transfer we went to England for 10 days and they were a pretty full 10 days, we covered a fair bit of ground but I did make sure I had plenty of rest time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Sounds like we're all doing well and excitement is growing! What date was our catch up again? Things are booking up.

Alice - be careful not to confuse bad abusive behaviour with mental health issues. And even if it is all linked with her mental health, consequences for behaviour are still the best tool for change. You might be trying to be rational and civilised in sorting out issues but this style of communication may be impossible for your Mum. Actions may be all she is able to understand and even then she will likely blame everyone else for what is happening. Keep the contact to a minimum and only on terms you and DH set down xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow you're journey's are beginning - depot jabs coming up the works... its amazing how the time flys - very exciting !!

Alice - I loved that story too about 3 hours in the cold been pushed about! And Tiggy - too funny - I have done that so many times, but its usually a good NZ wine, always does the trick !! I've got to that place now that if they are going to grow, they are going to regardless of what I am doing (other than the immune treatment), I mean come on, we have to be realistic, and I'm probably so tired of beating myself up about everything, eating the right foods, not wearing nail polish, deodorant, emotions the works.. only thing I'm not doing is the coffee and wine !! I was just so wrapped when a few of you posted that if they are going to take they will.

I cant believe when we get back it will only be about 6 weeks till xmas !! Yay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty May - so great to hear you more positive. When do you get back? I was wondering if the gift to donor thingy happens in SA or if it's mentioned at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, when I was in SA when we got there I got an email to tell me if we wanted to get the donor a gift and drop it off at the clinic we could on the day of retrieval. I did go and buy a LUSH gift pack but on the day of retrieval I just wasn't ok with gift giving. I didn't know the girl and it just didn't feel right so I ended up bringing it home for my daughter.

Alice, I agree with Kheeki I think your mum might do better with actions=consequences

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki - we get back Saturday night. I did get a few gifts, just little personal things, that I had picked up from her profile... and it's entirely up to you on how you feel about it. The agency said they don't expect it as they already know how much it costs you to travel etc, but of course is appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that advice Kheeki, it's a bit of blurred line where the mental health and abusive behaviour meet. Right now the consequence of her actions is her not seeing her grandchildren and, just like the psychologist said she would, she is retaliating and fighting it in the most unproductive ways with everything she's got.
    She's sending more nasty messages and she's even rung my Nana and had some big sob story to her and my Nana rang me and left a VM on my old number, as they don't have my new number. I don't know why they keep doing that either, my DH told them I currently have no phone yet they still message and ring and leave voice mails several times a day! As soon as I hear the VM's are from them I just delete them.

I think we might go on a bit of a holiday in January so I'm going to look into that over the next few days. It'll be nice to get away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Crystal and Sooty May. I think I will play it by ear with the gift thing and see how it feels come the time. I realise the gift is a symbol of appreciation, it certainly can't measure up to their gift to us!

Sooty May has your donor been a donor before and been successful or have children? I think I recall you saying she has a child?

Alice in Twinland - so sensible. They can rant and carry on but if your not reading their messages the words are lost and the attempt to get power over you fails. If you keep the boundaries in place she will eventually run out of steam. And if you are moving it will be so much easier to control any contact. Still, it probably rattles you every time the phone rings or you get a message worrying it's her. You shouldn't have to be dealing with this stress. Definitely take a holiday. Where might you go? DH and I think we might do a few nights camping over the Xmas period. Then of course we have Zlin end of January. And I have booked our flights to Hawaii in August. We go every year for a month. Jetstar released lots of sale flight dates making it only $890 pp return. That is the cheapest I have ever seen it for that time of year so if you've never been there think about it, it's an amazing place. Most months next year have the cheap flights on certain dates.