Closed Thread
Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Monday ladies I feel like AF is about to show up, which normally I dread but I just want to get it over with now. Can't believe things are moving along so quickly to the cycle starting!!!!

Sooty, hope your hanging in there Rest up and just enjoy taking it easy!! When are you heading home?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, don't at all feel bad that you are thinking and feeling that way. It is exactly the way that DH and I have always thought and felt. It's your security wall kind of thing to try and not make an emotional attachment and get excited. You are not the only one so don't feel bad or embarrassed about feeling that way. If you make an emotional investment every time you do this it can be so hard to come back from so trying to distance yourself from emotions was what helped us.
    Don't be too disappointed about your numbers. Remember that it just takes one! One of my kids was a low graded embryo and so was my friends 2 yr old daughter!
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday and if a baby results from it then so be it but at least you have had a nice time away if not.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually I should mention that my failed cycle was in July and looking back I think more about the holiday then the failed cycle I do think its nice to have a holiday too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sooty May you need the biggest tightest warmest hug right now EVER. Stacks of kids get born from embies that haven't yet 'expanded' including ours. All you got to do is hang in. You don't have to be jolly or fun or pleased or even positive - you just got to hang in. And we are all right behind you knowing we all face the same challenges. You are just getting in there before us. Stop jumping into the future - it's nuts and will only freak you out. The future will take care of itself I promise, and if you want babies in it then by hook or by crook you will have them. Just get through. One breath at a time. No more pressure. Hugs hugs hugs hugs from Ozzzzzz x We are thinking of you Soooty xxxxx
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 18-11-2013 at 10:47.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal4431 View Post
    Actually I should mention that my failed cycle was in July and looking back I think more about the holiday then the failed cycle I do think its nice to have a holiday too
    Yes, just this. Our failed cycle from April 2012 was more of a holiday for us, the failed cycle is not the memory!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    uggghhhh, daily vent re: my Mum!!!

DH went to their house yesterday for a conversation to try and sort some things out so we can have happy family times, not the unpleasant interactions of late.
    My Mum proceeded to scream and yell at him, insulting him, his family and everyone else who has anything to do with our children for a good half an hour until she vomited. Yes, she screamed herself into such a frenzy she vomited. This is a 60 year old woman, not a 6 year old child. Really, is that how she thinks we'll resolve this? My Dad's suggestion was 'lets just forget about this and move on'! Really? My Mum has refused to see a psychologist because she thinks they are waste of time and useless - interesting considering she's never seen one before!

He said she was just saying the most ridiculous things like I had a French babysitter and rubbed it in her face that she wasn't good enough to look after my kids. What the? Don't know where she got that one from! DH explained that I have a French tutor who helps me to learn some French for babies.
    She then said we are too overprotective of our children. Really? She knows all that we have been through to have these two little munchkins and she then accuses us of being overprotective. She really has lost the plot!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I chuckled out loud when I read your over protective They are brand new little souls in this world of course your overprotective

You are exactly right Alice, children scream themselves into throwing up. Your hubby must have the patience of a saint because mine would not have stood there and been insulted. He would have walked out and that would likely have been the end of his contact with them. Hang in there, you don't need this with new babies but either way either your mum will grow up or you will eventually have enough of all that silly behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal you must be excited feeling AF coming. Who ever thought we could be excited about that, hey? I am counting the days. Now that we are really settling in I feel really good and glad about our January plans.

Alice your mum sounds really difficult and I am sorry you have to struggle away with it all. It's a shame she just can't be easy, especially since she is now a granma to two beautiful babies. It's a tough road when a parent is like that, but you sound so together and so positive and like you are doing your absolute best to deal with her. All I can do is send some positive vibes and hope like crazy she makes a shift soon, and grows up. It is really painful when the parents in our lives insist on remaining children. So deeply frustrating. But where there is life there is hope so maybe she will sort out some stuff with the boundaries you guys are setting. Glad you are good for the catch up! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi eveyone - thank you so much for your posts of support, it means the world for me and has got my head back to where it should be !!!! I'm so grateful for your sensible words of wisdom during my distressed time on Saturday, it was just awful and its well behind me, for now anyways

I've taken note of all the stories of poorer embryos making it and real life stories.... its calmed me down, which is what I needed. It wasn't a nice place! And now, what will be will be, and I will have to deal with Plan B later if required - I simply cannot cope with that possibility right now (normally I can) this time, its going to have to wait.

We also moved to our next accommodation on the Sunday, to stunning Fish Hoek Bay, above the sea with amazing views out to the mountains and over the sea, just what the Head Doctor ordered!!. The weather is glorious and we've been down to Cape of Good Hope - stunning. Mountains, ocean, wildlife, the works - a gorgeous day.

Tiggy - I especially liked that you said just roll with the feelings. Someone else that is now 14 weeks pregnant, said that to me too and said at the end of the day, those embryos if they are chromosomally normal - they will take no matter whats going on with Mumma right now !! It made me feel so much better, as I was able to let the guilt go and not beat myself up.

Alice - you poor thing. That is so out of control, shes not bi-polar isnt she? How do you manage that, you're trying to do the right thing, by working through it, but it sounds like it just gets worse and worse. Roll on that move interstate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, that view sounds incredible! I do love a good view, sweeping countryside or twinkling city lights are my favourite. If we ever settle somewhere in the future and buy another property I'd love it to be an apartment so I can just enjoy the view. It's so calming! I hope you are enjoying this lovely time!

Those embryos, if they're going to stick, they're going to stick! When I was technically 4 weeks pregnant and in London I went to the premiere of Les Mis and stood in a giant crowd getting pushed and shoved for nearly 3 hours in zero degrees. I'd convinced myself the cycle wasn't going to work and decided I was just going to enjoy my time away without being too stupid! I did get photos with Anne Hathaway and other cast members though!

ugghhh, the Mum drama continues. I don't think she's bi-polar but she definitely has mental health issues. The day after the scream and vomit she sends a completely normal text asking if we still needed our dogs hair cut in a few weeks time as she sometimes takes them. There was no apology or acknowledgment of what had gone down the day before. Then today my poor DH gets another nasty text from her. I'm really not sure what she thinks she's going to achieve by sending nasty text messages to us when we're trying to work with her to involve her in our lives! I just have to keep reminding myself that she does have a mental illness and it's not necessarily her talking, it's her illness. It's just so draining, I wish she'd get some help!!!!!!
    But yes, please, bring on a move!

Can you believe it's nearly December!!!Surely some of you are having your depot soon?
    Last edited by Alice284; 20-11-2013 at 00:24.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (20-11-2013)