Closed Thread
Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Requesting permission for Friday night red wine. Ladies do you read me requesting permission for red wine (I know, in moderation I KNOW!!) XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow Sooty May!

Tiggy Tight Buns- date works for me. I have to encourage you in the red wine department to make myself feel better. I had a few glasses last night and unfortunately the concept of moderation left me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a commitment on Saturday from 9 until about 4:30pm out near the airport but anytime after that we'd love to catch up. We are staying just north of the CBD. We are free as birds on the Thursday and Friday!

Tiggy you drink that wine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    100% obligation Kheeki. If we weren't related to them we certainly wouldn't be friends with them by choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today's the big day - transfer day. Very excited and very emotional - I'm sure it's going to be quite an experience Thanks for all your well wishes lovely ladies.

I'll toast you all to a few wines - it's my weakness, but I figure if it takes the "edge" off and makes you feel good, and tastes just so delicious, well why not ?! Of course, from today, I'm going to be a boring reformed drinker.

Thx for the dates Tiggy - I'll have to see what I am doing that day, right now I don't even know if that is a w/end or not? I assume it is? Don't work around me though, as I can imagine its like trying to organise office drinks, someone won't always be able to make it. I'll keep an eye on the thread and dates and make it if I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty May how'd you go? So excited for you. Can't wait to be where you're at. Except for 2ww of course which is so fraught!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, really appreciate it.

Transfer was this morning and it wasn't the news we were expecting. I'm still trying to get my head back together and process it and decide "how" I want to manage my feelings & thoughts over the next 2 weeks.

For me - the best thing will probably be... to not hope too hard that it's going to work... and I understand that it could very well work, I do. I've read the stories on here recently and miracles are on their way But, I just can't let myself hope too much right now, I'm really flattened and surprised by our result and just don't know what to think at the moment. All I'm thinking is, here we go again.... how will we afford to get back here, should I use my own eggs next time - one more time with the same NK Cell treatment, since it's cheaper in Oz with the rebates.. and on it goes...all the time beating myself up about thinking negatively - errrrrrggghggh

The reality of the numbers game started on Thursday when I rang the clinic to find out the results from Mondays retrieval. 13 eggs, 7 embryos, 5 looking good. 50% down. At that stage, pulling myself back up again, saying it will be ok. That's good numbers, they are young eggs.... and the nagging, uphill, internal bartering & battling began.

Today, first thing Dr H says, is its not looking good to freeze any, "I really don't think we will have any left over to freeze, they haven't reached blastocyst, we'll let you know tomorrow". On asking 3 times on the quality of the remaining 2 blastocyst's (I said we would rather know and be prepared than have false hope - that is my way of coping, so please go easy on me girls if you disagree ) in the apt in his office 5 mins before transfer, in the transfer room, at transfer and then finally in his office after transfer - he then said the weren't quite where they would normally like them to be, they weren't expanding yet.... whatever that means (In Australia - I don't think from memory there were many times they graded or told us much about them, other than they were excellent, or not so good.

I'm sorry if I am sounding selfish and negative - of course there is a part of me that is hoping it will work - and it could do. I guess I'm just so taken aback at what's happened today. As I said to DH, I guess at least one positive is, that if there had been "excellent" embryos put in today, my crash (IF it comes) would have been even worse, at least this way, I'm not running around thinking it's all plain sailing and thinking it's going to work and getting all excited early.... I'm semi prepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty hang in there, I know plenty of adies that have not so great embies put back and they do amazing!!! Stay positive until your beta and give these little ones good energy to grow on.

You are not wrong to want to know the quality of the embies, I asked a few times and was never told. I agree it can help keep you semi prepared but try to stay positive I have everything crossed for you, now rest and let them snuggle in!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooty it's really not unusual to loose that many even from a young donor, not many get any to freeze from our cycles in zlin, and you get between 8-13 eggs retrieved in those cycles, so don't give up just yet

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SootyMay - sorry to hear you haven't had great news. Try and stay positive this can still work. Like everyone has said there are plenty of stories of embies still being successful with a lower grading.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)