Closed Thread
Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely lovely ladies

I've been reading your posts from sunny Cape Town, now that our internet connection is working and reading about all of this havign children at our age and twins. I too know exactly what you feel Tiggy, I'm 43 and never had children and sometimes it crosses my mind too, and then I think OMG, whats wrong with me, "you cant think like that.. not after all this" !! But I get it totally. I LOVE my solitude, and I honeslty cannot even begin to imagine what it will be like with a baby - how could I know... I've never had one! I often think, gosh, I cant even get myself out the door, how will I manage, and I guess I have to take bubs everywhere with me... can't leave them at home - so it will be a HUGE HUGE change. I'm trusting it will be natural and I will find it easy, but I am realistic too and know not everyone copes, it's not a walk in the park by any means for every Mum out there.

Thank you for all the well wishes, CT is wonderful, weather has been kind to us 25-28 degrees last 3 days and the people are sooooooooo friendly - and it's cheap !!

We had egg retrieval today - 13 eggs and our ED is doing well. I sent her a message this morning via the agency, saying if they were talking to her (they stay in contact the whole way through) to say we were thinking of her today. The agency also texted us at 1pm today to update us and say she was doing well, resting at home and had the Doctor been in touch to update us.... - so kind of them, our agency are honestly amazing - I couldn't have wished for more, in support and help from them.

Then this evening we rec'd a very moving message through our agency, but from our ED, to tell us how she felt and thank us for the gifts we got her, she said it made her week after an anxious time & was so happy when the Doctor woke her up to tell her how well she had done, she said she had to fight back tears of happiness for us & was glad we had chosen her.
    Even though I haven't met her, I feel such a connection and am so happy she is ok and has shared her feelings with us. Its a huge thing for our ED's in what they are doing for others.

Ladies - I have a question about the progesterone !! we are going to do 1 injection per day, and the clinic was happy to give us a box of Crinone as well, so that's what we are going to do. 1 inj/1 Crinone per day.

I'm going to try and order another supply of Gestone, as per recommendations to do so whilst over here due to the cheaper price.

With the Crinone - shall I order more of this here too? I cant remember for the life of me how much it is in Australia? ....

Can someone please have a look at one of their boxes and tell me the cost so I can work it out here, to see if I should get before we leave. (I thought I had that written down on my very large folder of information I brought over with me, but its not there)

..... and I cant really ask our house sitter (who is my colleague - and has no idea why we are here, other than a "wedding") to climb up into the spare bedroom's wardrobe and go behind all the things I hid in front of all my fertility books and medications before I left - so she wouldn't accidentally stumble across them.......... to look at the box and tell me !!

Hi to everyone else, best be off, its nearly 11pm, the latest I've been up since been here, and should be in bed, considering I will probably be up again at 3-4am

Hi to everyone else - sorry I'm not reading over - but so many emails to catch up on.

We're scheduled for transfer Saturday and will be transferring 2. We've come too far not to give it our best shot. On the photo board this morning when we met our Nurse to show us how to do the Gestone injections, were so many twins........ mmmmh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty its around $170 for 15 days of Crinone here so stock up there!! I checked the SA thread to see how you were going with everything 13 eggs is fantastic, a bakers dozen Glad your enjoying it and good luck with the transfer

Tiggy, you can definitely transfer 1 if you like

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sweet ladies

Sooty May it is wonderful to see you on the thread. I am very very pleased for you and the for the connection you feel with your ED. I think it bodes very well for the cycle, I really do. Good luck times a million. So funny when you wrote 'it's no walk in the park' cos I tell you, you will never do more walking in the park then you will with kids!

On the ole twins factor; I know the very bottom line and that is, if I don't want twins, I mean really don't, then I can only put one back. It might mean another trip - I know that - and that's okay. And that's enough from me about it. Except one more tiny thing and that is if I didn't already have a little boy to care for I wouldn't hesitate! I would have been thrilled. xxxxx

I hope everyone is well and boy is time whizzing by! xxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggylig For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sootymay - great to hear from you. Must be amazing to be there and it's all happening and going smoothly by the sounds. How long are you staying after transfer?

Hi to everyone else.
    Question: has everyone given up alcohol completely? I've still been having a couple of glasses of red a week and wondering what your thoughts are?

AFM - finally paid the deposit! Woo Hoo! Now I just need to organise the drugs and bloods.

Alice and Stacey - how do you pay the balance in Zlin? When I'm overseas I usually just use the ATM to get cash. Can I do this there? Other suggestions?
    Last edited by Kheeki; 12-11-2013 at 13:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy, I'm still not sure if I'm going to put one or two back, still thinking on it but I agree if you really wouldn't want twins then its best to put one back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, I had a glass of peppermint Kaluha( I've no idea how its spelled) on the weekend I don't drink very much but I will sometimes have one and I will have the occasional drink right up to when I start meds. No reason not too

A glass or two of red isn't much, I wouldn't worry about it.

I was wondering how they want payment as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki I suspect that amount of red wine is probably good for you. I have given up drinking during the week but intend to still have a few on the weekend. Once meds start maybe I will pull it back from there but until then surely it's okay. My god how are we all going to get through xmas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A Xmas without wine (and dealing with my MIL while sober) sounds like a living hell!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Crystal for the price on Crinone.

Keeki - we are staying for 6 days after transfer. We did that in case there were any delays with her cycle stretching out further than the anticipated dates, but everything has been perfect so far. We are near the clinic just in case of a earlier call in than a 5 day transfer. The only thing I pray for now, is that our Dr is right, in not worrying about DH's sperm too much, and that it does the job... he said we only need 13. Yes, but we need 13 super healthy strong ones - it takes 2 to Tango

Drinking - Jodi who started the SA thread said a long time ago, that she was going to enjoy her wine when in SA and leading up to transfer and then would stop. I'm doing the same! It is difficult though when you worry and feel guilt about the things we do. I think coffee is probably worse to be honest. I had acupuncture yesterday and she said to try not to drink coffee. It takes a long time for the body to break down too and steals from the adrenals - robbing your body of nutrients supposedly. I didn't like hearing that either, but OMG coffee PUMPS me up majorly, so it cant be good.

Gosh - your girls time is approaching so fast. Only a month or 2 now, and with xmas in the middle, it will be here before you know it. I take my hat off to you ladies going over the other side of the world !! SA was a big enough deal for me. But its great you have each other, and others that have been over, it makes such a difference. Its even lovely to be here and hear from the acupuncturist or clinic etc, that a fellow Australian is coming in for treatment etc, makes you feel not so alone, just to know they are here as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sootymay good luck and how exciting, wonderful for you to be able to have messages passed between yourself and your donor as well
    kheeki, I joined travelex.com.au and used them to transfer the balance remaining, they offer better up to date rates than the bank and also do not charge a fee for the first transfer, very easy and simple, you can also pay by cash, credit card although I think you will have a surcharge added on by the clinic, or you can pay by travel/money card as well.
    As for drinking, I really think its fine to have the odd glass here and there before transfer, if we were doing this with our own eggs it would be a different story, the clinic restaurant has a really good non alcoholic beer on their menu that I enjoyed for a couple of nights as well
    Hi to eoe I hope your wk is going well, Alice I hope your all starting to feel better
    xx
    Last edited by stacey10; 13-11-2013 at 05:50.