Closed Thread
Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Debbie,

You are more than welcome to join us! I'm sorry you've had such a hard time getting to this point, hopefully Zlin will bring you success like it has for some of us!

London is one of my most favourite places in the wold, closely followed by Singapore funnily enough. One of the other ladies is going to London too on her trip. I love Singapore Zoo, not the night zoo though. The zoo breakfast is great. I didn't know they had a lego land in Singapore, better not tell my DH, he's a bit of a big kid when it comes to lego!

--As for the quiet factor, we are all sick, all four of us! Have a terrible cold virus that I'm pretty sure we picked up at playgroup, which is ironic really because I can't stand going to playgroup! Wont be going there again. I was down and out for a couple of days and now DH is. My poor little boy is so confused, I've been sleeping him in one of the prams so he's sitting up a bit to drain his sinuses. He hasn't been sleeping very well but at least his nose is improving.
    Here's hoping we get better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice i am sorry to hear your all sick. heres to a speedy recovery, nothing worse than feeling like crap and dealing with sick babies too. I was never one for playgroup either.

The funny thing is my family and I arrived in Australia from the UK on January 13th 1982 so it will be 32 years exactly when i get to leave.

I love London too, and can't wait to go to Singapore, they also have a Universal studio there, which if we have enough time we will also visit.

I will have to go back through the post to catch up on everything. Congrats on your twins, how lovely to have a boy and girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Debbie! We're a small but very supportive group. Go back over the other posts for great tips from our leaders Alice and Stacey! I head over Jan 27 so I'm the last of us. You're probably there same time as Tiggy and Crystal.

Alice sorry to hear about your unwell family.
    Last edited by Kheeki; 07-11-2013 at 11:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, hope the little ones and you and your DH are feeling better quickly. So tough when babies get colds and can't breathe through their noses

Debbie, I'm leaving on January 16th and going to London for 4 days first and then we have our cycle in Zlin. We're booked for ET transfer on 28th January Sorry you've had all of the miscarriages, it isn't easy that's for sure.

I have a daughter 17 and a son 15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Debbie, that is so funny that you come full circle on those dates! Lets hope its a good omen! We've seen the Universal Studios but haven't been, we usually stay on Sentosa Island as I like having a bit of a beach and I guess a bit more of a relaxed environment than staying in the city. I've heard it's great and I'm sure your son will love it. It's a funny story about how I ended up with my two!

Thanks for the get well wishes. The babies seem to be doing a bit better today, we went in to town and met with a French exchange student who has been helping me with my "baby" French. Unfortunately my basic French for adults (What job do you do? etc..) isn't that great for kids!

Debbie, feel free to read back through or ask away. Stacey has just come back from Zlin, I was there last in December 12 so some things have changed since I was there and I've forgotten lots so Stacey is a good resource too!

I'm so glad our little Bub Hub Zlin and Czech community is growing

Thanks
    Reviews
    ahhh are you going to teach the babies French? We had to learn our rhymes in English and French in the younger grades

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I'm attempting to. I'd like to raise them with French as a second language from birth. The benefits of speaking to them in another language from birth are so immense. I also speak to them sometimes in Japanese so they become familiar with different language sounds. It makes their brains work a little harder to process the different sounds which can lead to higher intelligence, not that that's my aim! I have a degree in linguistics so find all this stuff so fascinating!
    I'd really like to move to canberra as they have a bilingual childcare/pre-school!
    I'm trying to learn some French songs for kids. Lets just say You Tube is my friend! If we catch up in December feel free to sing to them in French!

Thanks
    Reviews
    up at the crack of dawn, can't sleep have all this stuff running through my head. I'm going to be like a zombie by the time Jan comes.

Well i received my protocol from Ivona last night and have ordered my Prostat injec from fertility2u, as per Stacey's advice. ( I know Stacey from another site, but didn't realise it was her until yesterday, after reading through some of the posts) Stacey was the one who put me onto the clinic in the first place.
    It all seems so real now that my bookings in Zlin are all complete.

Never thought DH would come to the party, he actually said no 2 weeks ago, and here we are all booked in. I'm off today to put the deposit on the flights and transfer the deposit to the clinic.

Alice hope you and your family are feeling much better today.

Hi Crystal, we will be in London the same time. We will go there on the 16th to the 20th. Where abouts in London are you staying? I am looking at the Marlin apartments in Stratford, apparently its the same place my parents and eldest son stayed 2 years ago.

Thanks for the welcome Kheeki.

I am about to go over old posts might take me a while theres a few of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice, this is going to sound a bit weird even I admit but I used to play soft classical music while they slept just loud enough they could hear it in a quiet room and here's the weird one as soon as they could sit up in my arms I had labels that I would stick to things like door, floor, cupboard, chair etc. I would do about 4 a day and carry them to each one put their little finger on each letter and sound it out. Both of my kids were readers at 3 and both are honour students, I'm a huge believer the younger you get their minds working the better. Oh I would do a set of 4 for about a week and then switch them, then go back to them after a few weeks. I know it sounds a bit weird

Debbie, not sure where we're staying yet. Hopefully we can sit down this weekend and book something, we say we're going to do it every weekend but just don't seem to get it done I'll let you know when we book it in. We were going to go to London between EC and ET but decided maybe take it easy in that time and let my immune system settle after all the travel so we're going before our cycle. I got my Prostap through fertility2u as well and a huge price difference. When I had my Cape town cycle they had my go through a different international pharmacy and I kid you not they charged me almost $700 for the injection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, welcome Deb, wonderful you can join the group.

I have been a bit quiet because I have been going through a bit around this, partly because of pulling off such a big move, and then having to head interstate for a family wedding (in laws) and having a HELL time of it. It is truly wonderful to be home and madly setting up and trying to work and find space and look after our little one - and both my DH and I are pretty stuffed. I guess that makes sense of why I am suddenly thinking 'one more big thing will finish me off!!!" it's a reality check. And that's not a bad thing - I am being real about what another child will mean. I will just keep processing it all and see how I feel. I have decided too, that I don 't want to put back two embies - I don't want to play with fire - so it will just be one for me. (I say that now!) Anyways, I just want time to settle settle settle so you can imagine how freaked I am about another huge adventure. I love my life. There is room for more - another child - yes, but either way I am happy. I don't feel as 'head in the clouds' about it all right now. Rather the opposite! Can I really deal with getting up all through the night again? But I know alot of this is coming from having had such a massively gruelling month. I haven't even expressed how full on it has been. we even had the MIL to stay in the middle of it all. Ladies, it was absolutely too too much. No wonder the thought of any more is terrifying. But I would like another child. But would it matter that I will be 65 SIXTY FIVE!!!!! when he is twenty. Is that ok? Thoughts? Feedback? I am actually going to go and lie down and have a rest cos DS in childcare today. Love to you guys and sorry this one has been aall bout my own stuff. xxxxx PS for the first time in my life I am home - I just never knew how much work it was going to be getting here!!!
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 08-11-2013 at 09:24.