Closed Thread
Page 24 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, really strange with the pharmacy hey? I have a feeling their prices will soon go up once everyone starts getting the injections from them. I wish I had known about fertility2u when I did my SA cycle the meds are way way cheaper.

Hope you don't get any nasty side effects from your injection and have smooth sailing to Cape Town

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies, regarding the prostap injection from Fertility2U you need to allow 2 wks for delivery, the $25o includes postage, do not put the prostap in the fridge, just pop it in your bathroom cupboard until needed, it can be put in the tummy fat but is best to be put in your bum muscle, no you don't need a script from your aussies doctor, your co-ordinator can send a script to Fertility2u and they will use that, all you do is join up, it costs nothing to join, its soo easy and cuts out all the sh*t with the aussies doctors
    I bought all my progesterone from the pharmacy at the clinic, Ivona worked out how much I needed and included the tapering off, the whole lot only cost me $240, if I had needed estrogen or anything else I could have got that at the same time as well, I took 23 boxes with me as my hand luggage and no one batted an eye lol.....
    One thing I would recommend is to get a script for valium for transfer, your co-ordinator will do that for you, and take a pill just before transfer, a whole pkt only costs $3 !!, I also had one that night and the next night to ensure I had a good sleep.
    If your staying at the clinic hotel, I would recommend ordering room service for your breakfast for the day of transfer,, get it to arrive around 10.30-11 am its massive and it lasted me the whole day, I didn't need any dinner!! I ordered the cereal, youghurt, juice, poached eggs with bacon etc and I also got a basket with about 6 different types of bread/rolls and an apple and a nectartine!! the dark hot chocolate is to die for, I'm a chef and Ive never had anything like it!!, also the fresh ginger tea in the restaurant, the one that's ordered off the menu, have never had ginger teas as good as that either !! The non alcoholic beer is also good !!
    Last edited by stacey10; 22-10-2013 at 08:47.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also while I think of it, for the progesterone, buy some thrush ointment the cheapest brand with the applicator, and use the applicator to put the progesterone in, the little capsuals just sit on the top, its great, no mess and it gets it right to where it needs to go, also doing it this way it seems to stay in longer, I hardly have any leak out at all, and my progesterone is between 85-100 so its working !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stacy congrats again and thank you for all the really helpful info. xxx Can I ask did you get the Prednisone from Zlin as well? I have sent an email to Eva to ask and I am sure she will tell me tonight, but just in case. Basically I now have everything pretty organised.

By the way ladies, did you all take the baby aspirin as directed in Zlin's med's list?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy I take baby aspirin everyday anyway because of the MTHFR mutation so yup I take it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy, yes I took the baby asprin, I think that and the prednisone are only taken for around 20 days total anyway, if you get a bfp you take it for an extra 5 days, I got the prednisone from my gp, I'm lucky he's very helpful, but if you think your going to have a problem getting it, just let your co-ordinator know and she can have some waiting for you when you get to the clinic, you don't need to start taking it until egg collection day so you and your hubby will be there for that day as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,
    With the estrimax that is started a couple of weeks after the depot, did you just get your GP to prescribe it or should I get that from fertility2u as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki I just got it from fertility2u I had to pay for shipping anyway I have some estrogen left over from July so just needed to get a box

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all that info Stacey! It's amazing how quickly I have forgotten the finer details!
    That breakfast sounds huge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice the breakfast was huge !! I even took a photo of it I was so impressed with it.....
    Kheeki, I got my doctor to prescribe the estrogen, but if you think you'll have a problem just get it from Fetility2u and just get enough to get you through to the clinic, its cheaper through the clinic, so buy enough meds to get you through to 12 wks, once you leave they cant give you a script anymore because you are no longer considered a patient anymore