Closed Thread
Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy that is the right pharmacy its almost $200 more expensive to buy it Melbourne, I just emailed Eva to find out about getting the Prostap injection through fertility2u that was recommended. Prostap is the same as Triptorelin and if it is $250 that is much much cheaper!! I should hear from Eva tonight hopefully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice284 View Post
    Crystal, YES!!! Buy your progesterone at the clinic pharmacy, it is so much cheaper. Also remember to buy a few boxes extra as at 12 weeks you taper off the progesterone, which takes about 2-3 weeks. So a few extra boxes comes in handy. It will take up a nice little corner of your suitcase! (but I suggest a few boxes in your carryon encase bags get delayed!)
    Also, and it's not very nice to talk about but I think it needs to be said, get some good quality thick panty liners, I think I ended up with Carefree. I found with the thin ones I was using (Moxie) they would get so soaked from the Utrogestan progesterone that the glue from the liner started sticking permanently to my underwear. So tip 2, don't wear your good underwear!
    Thanks for this Alice Advice I'm sure I will be thankful for!! I'm going to find out exactly how much utrogeston I will need and get it there if possible. Crinone is around $115 for a 15 day supply here and that would only last me 4-5 days so way too expensive. I do have some progesterone already but not nearly enough to keep going until 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Stacey and congratulations. Keep us posted on how you are travelling. The Prostap you talk about, guys is this the one I need prescribed by my FS that my GP couldn't prescribe? Stacey does this mean you didn't need a script from an Aus doctor? I'm confused.

Tiggy - moving is tough. And with everything you've got going on it'll be even harder. My advice having moved a lot is keep unpacking! Once you've got things set up like you want them things start to settle. Amazing you can still focus on sorting out Zlin! It was really warm and beautiful in the valley this weekend just gone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I would def contact Fertility2U Tiggy. They deal with the Zlin clinic regularly so know what they require etc.
    You send Eva an email asking her to write a prescription and then you go to Fertility2U (it's a UK chemist) and buy the drug you want stating the prescription will be sent thought from CRM Zlin. At least that's how I did it back in 2011. When they get the script they let you know and they send your drugs on their way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Alice, I will get the ball rolling on that ASAP. xxx

Thanks Kheeki, the good news is that everything is unpacked, just not necessarily in the right cupboard! Stunning here. We are very happy. Unsettled, but happy xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, that's the injection

Tiggy, glad your getting things unpacked and I don't know how your doing that and coordinating your cycle..lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG ladies the Prostap is ordered from Fert2u - wonderful how this all happens hey? Eva has sent through the prescription. Alice, do you recall A)how long it takes to arrive and B) where to put the injection!

I mean - bottom/ Tummy/thigh

I am pretty non-plussed about it, I just want to get it right!!! After all those IVf's I got very tough about needles.

Thank you Stacey10 for the tip re Fertility2u.

Cheers, ladies. Is this really happening or am I dreaming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - that's very strange. I've sent you a PM to your email, sorry, I haven't been on here the last few days.

Here are the details for others. Directly off the business card that came with my depot injection:

Macquarie St Pharmacy
    Elena Krivoshev B. Pharm. M.P.S.
    Properietor
    195 Macquarie Street, Sydney 2000
    Phonte 9221 1622
    Fax 9221 1296
    Macquarie.st.pharmacy@bigpond.com.au

That's really floored me. Elena was so proficient in sending it out, arrived 3 days later, accepting an emailed script initially (original posted a few days later).

I haven't got the box now to check the name as my GP that gave it to me today, threw it out !!! Funny, as I kind of thought... now should I keep that.. then thought, well hopefully I will have no need for it ever again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggylig View Post
    OMG ladies the Prostap is ordered from Fert2u - wonderful how this all happens hey? Eva has sent through the prescription. Alice, do you recall A)how long it takes to arrive and B) where to put the injection!

I mean - bottom/ Tummy/thigh

I am pretty non-plussed about it, I just want to get it right!!! After all those IVf's I got very tough about needles.

Thank you Stacey10 for the tip re Fertility2u.

Cheers, ladies. Is this really happening or am I dreaming?
    It's really happening! Wait till you do the injection, then it's really really happening!

I can't remember how long it took to arrive, I last ordered in late 2011 but would say it was timely as I got it in time to use it!

As for the locale of the injection, I had diphereline I think and that was intramuscular into the bottom. I wasn't confident doing intra muscular, all my other IVF injections were just go anywhere! I went to my GP a week or so before my injection and took my protocol from the clinic (drugs, timeline, communication etc) and let him know what was going on and that if he was happy to could he please do my injection. He did, which was great. No way I was letting DH stab me with that thing!

Perhaps Stacey would know more current info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy, I took Prostap for my cycle in South Africa and it is not intramuscular so I had mine in my belly same as IVF meds. Read the instructions that come with it but I mine went in my belly!!

I got my Prostap ordered as well!! So should be here in a few weeks I assume