Closed Thread
Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Sorry I have been such a vacancy of late; barely responding to people's posts, but it's been the most monumentally hugest move ever and I am still struggling for air. It's a miracle that I continue to organise Zlin through it all. I am truly exhausted and on the point of tears all the time and unsettled and a bit lost. It's just the nature of moving. Plus had the MIL here. OMG people don't start me, just don't start me. MILS!!! Uccccccaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh. Now I am so paranoid about identity I can't tell you a single gory detail!

Alice! The reason I chose Uno was a lot to do with you. Just the way you spoke about it. It sounded like it might be just a bit more child friendly than the Tomasov even though I know zilch about the Tomasov, if its part of the clinic it might really upset some people if a lively three-year-old is tearing around the place. I chose the apartment in Uno. OMG Alice did I do the right thing? Is the apartment ok? I chose it because it 's a bit bigger and we can put our kid to sleep in the other room (at least for a while!!!).

Ladies, I better keep unpacking. I hope you all had lovely restful weekends. Kheeki, how was your area this weekend? I am wondering how close to mine...aaahhh the mystery...xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will not be a slight bit disappointed with the apartment!!! It is lovely and you will have plenty of space. The view from the window in the lounge room is incredible. You will have to tell me if you find a pink ikea vegetable peeler in the kitchen, I left it there last year. It'd be funny if it's still there! I left a stock pot type thing in the kitchen in room 8 I think too!

You'll have to take a trip down the hill to Kaufland or 'kauuuuuuu-flaaaaaaand' as they say on their loud speakers!

Just a tip for if you buy fruit or veg at any supermarket over there, you will find little scales in the department and you must weight your fruits or veg, select the little picture on the computer screen of what it is and print your own label and barcode to put on the bag. Some things don't require labels as they are priced individually. If you look close enough at the labelling and price labelling you can figure out what is priced per item (doesn't need a barcode) and what is priced per kg (needs barcode). If you take your time with it it's easy enough to work out! I'll have to post some supermarket photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies I am new here, but I would just like to let you know that I have just returned from zlin last Monday, I had a 6 day transfer of 1 fully hatched blast and 1 hatching blast, I was lucky enough to have 2 to freeze as well, I got my bfp at 9dpo so 3 dp 6dt !! The clinic and staff are absolutely wonderful, Ivona my co-ordinator was amazing!! I stayed at the clinic Hotel and that was amazing also I would just like to offer some inof, a few weeks before I left I was reading this thread and didn't get around to joining, but I read some of the ladies talking about the shot that you have to take, well I got Ivona to send a script for me to fertility2u, which I then joined, I was able to get the prostap 3.75 shot for $250 and that included postage!! so you don't have to buy the equivalent here !! I was quoted $480+ for the same injection (different brand name) so this is a great way of saving money, as is buying all the meds you need from the pharmacy at the clinic to get you to 12 wks, way cheaper than here!! I have also had my two betas done and they have risen nicely so I think it will be my scan in 2wks that is next to tick off the list, good luck to everyone who is cycling and on their 2ww, I cant speak highly enough of the staff, hotel and the clinic
    Last edited by stacey10; 20-10-2013 at 16:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice! I am so happy we booked the apartment and I will totally look for the vege peeler. I reallly feel part of a community now. I will be sending you your peeler! And thanks for the tip re weighing/buying fruit and veg. SO much to learn and remember aaaaahhhh, I am glad we still have a couple of months. Stacey10 oooommmmgggggg!!!! Your post was incredibly exciting. A huge congratulations. Now I am really scared as well as every other emotion. Your post made me feel like it's all real. And thanks for the tip re meds. Oh wow. I am stumped at how good you must feel. well done Stacey10 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stacey, congrats and welcome to our little Aussie support group!

Tiggy, don't worry about bringing home the veggie peeler! It's rather common for people to leave something in the kitchen. It's only ikea so it was about $2! I carry one with me when I travel and some glad bags because I can't eat wheat so lots of ready to grab snacks are off the menu. I just buy some carrots, peel them, chop them and carry them around in my glad bag! I even get some GF bread and carry around my own sandwiches just encase! I'm a bit nerdy! But I'd rather be a nerd than be starving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I'd totally forgotten about Fertility2U! Thanks for that info Stacey!
    I got some extra Utrogestan from them. Great price and quick postage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stacey10, congrrats on your BFP that is wonderful news!!! and thank you for letting us know about the Prostap Injection as well, that is what I took for my South African cycle but I bought through a different International Pharmacy and it cost me nearly $700 dollars. I'm going to email Eva today to ask her to send a script for me

Alice and Tiggy, we were going to go with an apartment at Uno but decided not to in the end, it will only be DH and I for this trip so we won't bother cooking. I have to say though the first few days are great without cooking and then take away loses its appeal.

Can I buy progesterone from the clinic while we're there and bring extra home? Its very expensive to buy Crinone here and I have to take at least double to triple the normal dosage so hopefully I can buy it there before I come back!!
    Last edited by crystal4431; 21-10-2013 at 06:37. Reason: spelling error

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies!!! I called the Macquarie St chemist and the lady who answered was very unhelpful and said she had never heard of the depot injection. Sooty May! help! I don't suppose you remember the name of the woman who knew what you meant...I have emailed them with the exact details that you gave us on this thread so hopefully somebody there will know what I am talking about! I am a bit panicked, but I suppose I can always go through fertilitytoyou. Sorry to be so brief! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal, YES!!! Buy your progesterone at the clinic pharmacy, it is so much cheaper. Also remember to buy a few boxes extra as at 12 weeks you taper off the progesterone, which takes about 2-3 weeks. So a few extra boxes comes in handy. It will take up a nice little corner of your suitcase! (but I suggest a few boxes in your carryon encase bags get delayed!)
    Also, and it's not very nice to talk about but I think it needs to be said, get some good quality thick panty liners, I think I ended up with Carefree. I found with the thin ones I was using (Moxie) they would get so soaked from the Utrogestan progesterone that the glue from the liner started sticking permanently to my underwear. So tip 2, don't wear your good underwear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WE do not stock these medications and I have not ordered them for other customers. You should be able to obtain these locally in Melbourne as it is listed with all major pharmaceutical wholesalers.

Perhaps double check with your clinic where other patients obtained the medication.

Triptorelin is the drug name, Diphereline the brand name it is marketed under.

Aaaaahhh! I just received the above email from Macquarie St Pharmacy. I feel confused. How could this happen? Am I simply hearing from the wrong person? Is this the correct pharmacy that you have used Sooty May? x